Pop Century in September

Cartoons626

Original Poster
We will be staying at Pop Century this September, already so excited :) we are staying in a standard room but we are going to try and request a lake view room on the upper floor on the online check in ( you get two requests at online check in, don't you?).

I was just wondering what you guys thought was the best room location, I was also a little worried that a lake view room may be a bad idea for September because the love bugs will be about. Any advice on the best room location would be great. I know nothing is guaranteed with the room request but it's worth a try.

Thank you :)

Dansr731

You will have to stay in the 50s or 70s for a lake view standard room. We've stayed in both. They are both about the same distance from the main building and buses. You can get a better view of the lake from the 70s. Hope you enjoy it. This is my favorite resort.

Cartoons626

Original Poster
I had an upper lake view in the 50's section.
Loved it.
Close to 2 pools (the 2 best pools), and the main lobby/dining area.
Plus it's a standard room area.
Have fun!!!!

Thank you for the reply, that sounds like a good choice for room location, best of everything :)
Thank you, I'm far too excited :) Pop Century looks really fun and colourful, can't wait.

Cartoons626

Original Poster
You will have to stay in the 50s or 70s for a lake view standard room. We've stayed in both. They are both about the same distance from the main building and buses. You can get a better view of the lake from the 70s. Hope you enjoy it. This is my favorite resort.

Thank you for the info, it would be cool to stay the 70s section, I think it would definitely be my mum's favourite year.
Thank you, I'm sure it will be amazing though I need to stop reading trip adviser reviews, people complaining about 100s of dead bugs in rooms :/ not sure what to make of that.

JasonDeyoung

We will be staying at Pop Century this September, already so excited :) we are staying in a standard room but we are going to try and request a lake view room on the upper floor on the online check in ( you get two requests at online check in, don't you?).

I was just wondering what you guys thought was the best room location, I was also a little worried that a lake view room may be a bad idea for September because the love bugs will be about. Any advice on the best room location would be great. I know nothing is guaranteed with the room request but it's worth a try.

Thank you :)
I just stayed there again last week and I had a standard room so was expecting to be in the 80 or 90's buildings. I did online check in and requested close to transportation and ground floor and ended up with ground floor lake view in the 50's building which I couldn't have asked for a better location. I've had preferred there before and I honestly liked this one better

Disneyfreak Jen

I had 50's lake view, top floor, on my last visit. Loved it. Could see fireworks at Epcot at night. I like 50's section the best....I stayed in different parts of 70's on 3 different occasions but 50's has their own quiet pool, 70's does not.

Nick Pappagiorgio

I literally requested the exact same thing last March and got 50's building 3 (Tramp). I really liked it. Previously have stayed in the 70's with a lake view (building 6), and that was great as well. The walk the the buses and food court is a little bit longer in 50's, but the 70's doesn't have a pool, so that is the trade off. The only thing I am generally concerned about when I request there is getting stuck in the 80's/90's (particularly building 8 which has some lake views). If I was going to do it all over I would request high floor and building 3 or 8 and hope for lake view. I am just so terrified of being in 80's/90's so I would go that way. But if the lake view is a priority I could certainly see going that way as well.

Cartoons626

Original Poster
I just stayed there again last week and I had a standard room so was expecting to be in the 80 or 90's buildings. I did online check in and requested close to transportation and ground floor and ended up with ground floor lake view in the 50's building which I couldn't have asked for a better location. I've had preferred there before and I honestly liked this one better

Glad to hear you had a great time :) Your room location sounds awesome, hopefully I will get into either the 50s or 70s building lakeview. Thank you :)

Cartoons626

Original Poster
I had 50's lake view, top floor, on my last visit. Loved it. Could see fireworks at Epcot at night. I like 50's section the best....I stayed in different parts of 70's on 3 different occasions but 50's has their own quiet pool, 70's does not.
Thank you for the tip :) having a pool close by is a big plus, thank you :)

Cartoons626

Original Poster
I literally requested the exact same thing last March and got 50's building 3 (Tramp). I really liked it. Previously have stayed in the 70's with a lake view (building 6), and that was great as well. The walk the the buses and food court is a little bit longer in 50's, but the 70's doesn't have a pool, so that is the trade off. The only thing I am generally concerned about when I request there is getting stuck in the 80's/90's (particularly building 8 which has some lake views). If I was going to do it all over I would request high floor and building 3 or 8 and hope for lake view. I am just so terrified of being in 80's/90's so I would go that way. But if the lake view is a priority I could certainly see going that way as well.

I'm a bit anxious about being stuck in the 80s/90s too, I know it won't be the end of the world but it would be nice to be closer to the main hub. September should be quiet (hopefully), so msybe the 70s and 50s won't be all filled up. Thank you for the reply :)

Plowboy

When we stay at Pop we always request upper floor, lake view in the 50's or 70's. More often than not we've gotten it. It's so much more quiet than on the pool side, especially in the afternoons when they have all the pool contests, loud music and whatnot. Not trying to be a stick in the mud, just like our quiet if we come back to the hotel for an afternoon nap.

JasonDeyoung

Glad to hear you had a great time :) Your room location sounds awesome, hopefully I will get into either the 50s or 70s building lakeview. Thank you :)
Yah caught me off guard lol I have a few friends who always do standard and get lakeview not sure how that's standard but hey why not lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom