Poop smell?

Boardwalker

Original Poster
I was reading a 9 page thread on MICECHAT about your least favorite place in disneyland. Always fun for a comparative analysis. Anyways, I just read through the first page and got a reoccurring theme....the smell of raw sewage. One poster said by POTC, one said by the SM exit, another by splash....You guys agree with this? It's not really concerning to me, but I found it...odd?

Californian Elitist

Yes, I agree, especially with Pirates. It does smell like sewage, but it doesn't smell bad, if that makes sense. It doesn't smell like poop. I don't know if MK's Pirates has that same smell, but it's very nostalgic for a lot of Disneyland folks. I love that smell.

Last edited:

CheshireCat12

Could be from the ground- sometimes I've smelled that outside near a garden/muddy spot, and it's from the soil, perhaps decaying matter? Anyway, not pleasant.

Figments Friend

Some of that 'scent' in question may simply be from the fertilizers used to keep the greenery...er...green.
It is usually most noticeable after watering, or a rain shower.

It has a aroma that hints at that topic at hand, but it is food for the plants and keeps the flowers happy and colorful.

:)

Boardwalker

Original Poster
Sounds reasonable, I'm sure WDW has some weird smells I'm unfamiliar with. Raw sewage just doesn't sound too great. Anyways, 2 months to go!

StarWarsGirl

Yes, I agree, especially with Pirates. It does smell like sewage, but it doesn't smell bad, if that makes sense. It doesn't smell like poop. I don't know if MK's Pirates has that same smell, but it's very nostalgic for a lot of Disneyland folks. I love that smell.
In Florida you get a lovely FL water smell...

FYI when you go, bottled water is the best...

Cosmic Commando

I don't think I've ever smelled a real sewage smell at DLR. About the closest is that bathroom in the back of New Orleans Square. That poor bathroom gets overworked and the bathroom smell seems to leak out to the outside. It's not a pure sewage smell, though... more like sewage notes in a potpourri of bathroom-iness.

dweezil78

Oh there are most certainly pockets of sewage smell around Disneyland. Not to be overly juvenile, but my wife and I always refer to them as 'fart pockets' because that is 100% what they smell like. So next time think twice before you blame the guy in front of you in line who just downed the chimichanga b/c it's probably not his fault!

One that comes to mind is literally right outside the front door to Pirates -- and it is NOT the same smell as the Pirate water / mildew which I love and also exists in FL. You have to remember, Disneyland opened in 1955 so its sewage system is probably not the most modern. I don't really ever notice it in DCA though.

kkocka

As others have said, there's definite poop and sewage pockets. For me the most memorable is in the outside waiting queue of Pirates - always go right, never left. The left side leads sorta behind Tarzan's Treehouse and its particularly bad there. There's patches within Main St USA that give you lovely horse poo smell even at night when there are no horses. Its my belief that Disney pumps in poo aroma much like they do a variety of other aromas throughout the park.

Marc Gil

No sewage smell in WDW's POTC, but there's definitely a poop smell near the Epcot Character Spot and outside Test Track.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom