Pool and hot tub hours and access

Fauntleroy92

Original Poster
I am planning a vacation to stay at either one of the PO resorts. I have heard that they have put up fences around the pools and that the area is locked and there is no access to the pool area at night. Is this true? After a long day at the parks I enjoy a relaxing dip in the pool followed by a soak in the hot tub. I hope that this part of my vacation hasn't been taken away! Can someone please verify this? Thanks

Last edited:

brokedad

The slide generally closes around 9 and the pool around 10, depends on the season. The quiet pools I think are always open from what I remember, hot tub closes when the main pool closes

JasonDeyoung

I have seen at FQ in the morning ropes around the entrance but they were also power washing but other than that I've not seen the FQ one closed. I have also seen the hot tub in use pretty late at night and this was as of three weeks ago.
As for Riverside I was there two weeks ago and the pools were open even though it was freezing out and they had no ropes or fences. Only resort I've seen a fence has been AoA but they could have more I just haven't seen them yet But I've been to almost every hotel in past couple months

SnarkyMonkey

I know this doesn't answer your question but just to add the last poster's post, WL now has a fence as well. I assume that as each pool on propery is refurbed they will add fences.

StarWarsGirl

I know at Boardwalk that the pool closed and there was a sign there and by the hot tub not to get in. Over at the quiet pools though, even though they technically closed at 11, there were never any signs and no one chased us out.

Virtual Toad

Stayed at the AKL in December and the pool stayed open fairly late. The bar closed but the pool deck and bar seating area were still open (my son and I played Monopoly at one of the tables) and no one chased us off.

However, we just returned from another AKL stay this past weekend (end of January) and the pool closed promptly at 9pm (or was it 8pm!?). We had just sat down on the lounge chairs, drinks from the bar in hand at quarter 'til the hour (EDIT: just the wife and I this time, no kids :) ), and an attendant proceeded to curtly plop down a large POOL CLOSED sign right in front of where we were sitting! Nice.

The bar shut down moments later, and while we had already moved on, another guest who was there at the same time, told us a few minutes later that security actually told her "You have to leave NOW."

Not sure if it's a new policy or an early close due to cold weather.

I can understand closing the pool itself when lifeguards are off duty, but forcing responsibly-behaved guests to leave the deck area entirely seems quite extreme, considering the prices charged and promise of a "deluxe" experience. The policy needs to be enforced with a bit of common sense. No need to chase off guests who are just trying to relax. Let grownups be grownups for goodness sake.

P.S. No ridiculous (yes, I said it) fence around the pool area yet, FWIW. Really hoping they don't go that route as it would seriously hinder the exotic feel of the resort.

ToTBellHop

Stayed at the AKL in December and the pool stayed open fairly late. The bar closed but the pool deck and bar seating area were still open (my son and I played Monopoly at one of the tables) and no one chased us off.

However, we just returned from another AKL stay this past weekend (end of January) and the pool closed promptly at 9pm (or was it 8pm!?). We had just sat down on the lounge chairs, drinks from the bar in hand at quarter 'til the hour (EDIT: just the wife and I this time, no kids :) ), and an attendant proceeded to curtly plop down a large POOL CLOSED sign right in front of where we were sitting! Nice.

The bar shut down moments later, and while we had already moved on, another guest who was there at the same time, told us a few minutes later that security actually told her "You have to leave NOW."

Not sure if it's a new policy or an early close due to cold weather.

I can understand closing the pool itself when lifeguards are off duty, but forcing responsibly-behaved guests to leave the deck area entirely seems quite extreme, considering the prices charged and promise of a "deluxe" experience. The policy needs to be enforced with a bit of common sense. No need to chase off guests who are just trying to relax. Let grownups be grownups for goodness sake.

P.S. No ridiculous (yes, I said it) fence around the pool area yet, FWIW. Really hoping they don't go that route as it would seriously hinder the exotic feel of the resort.
It closed at 8 pm for the duration of our trip last month. I found it to be absurd. There was no chance of a dip in the hot tub after an evening in the parks, which is something I love. Disney resort pools should at least stay open as late as Holiday Inn pools. It feels like quite the cut-back over just a few years ago when pools were effectively open 24/7.

pug

I have seen at FQ in the morning ropes around the entrance but they were also power washing but other than that I've not seen the FQ one closed. I have also seen the hot tub in use pretty late at night and this was as of three weeks ago.
As for Riverside I was there two weeks ago and the pools were open even though it was freezing out and they had no ropes or fences. Only resort I've seen a fence has been AoA but they could have more I just haven't seen them yet But I've been to almost every hotel in past couple months
Aoa has a Gate to keep non Hotel guests out. :)

kparn

I wonder if the pool hours are a response to the drowning last year? (value resort-late at night with no life guard present)

flynnibus

Premium Member
I wonder if the pool hours are a response to the drowning last year? (value resort-late at night with no life guard present)

In big part... more of a cummulative effect I think with that being the straw that broke the camel's back. Not long after that it was known that Disney planned on retrofitting all it's pool areas for controlled access and had changed their guard policies. It's bled over to the cruise ships to a degree as well.

ItlngrlBella

I'm pretty sure it is part of it, they tend to have a lot of issues at the pools after hours
...and this is why we can't have nice things. :(

Late night pool access is why we rented a house on our last visit and probably will do so the next time. After a long hot day at the parks I just want to chill out in the pool and hot tub with a drink, relax and look up at the stars - a simple pleasure in life I want on vacation. (Not loudly boozing it up)

It's also nice to be able to swim laps and get a workout in very early (swimming during sunrise - highly recommended) before heading out. At the resorts you don't have that option. If I remember correctly, pools open at 9am.

Last edited:

JasonDeyoung

...and this is why we can't have nice things. :(

Late night pool access is why we rented a house on our last visit and probably will do so the next time. After a long hot day at the parks I just want to chill out in the pool and hot tub with a drink, relax and look up at the stars - a simple pleasure in life I want on vacation. (Not loudly boozing it up)

It's also nice to be able to swim laps and get a workout in very early (swimming during sunrise - highly recommended) before heading out. At the resorts you don't have that option. If I remember correctly, pools open at 9am.
I've never been kicked out or asked to leave a pool at night but it also wasn't at 3am lol I do enjoy a sit in the hot tub after the parks which I've never seen anyone asked to leave those

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom