Polynesian Studio or Standard Room

squidward

Original Poster
Which do you prefer?

I've only stayed in a standard room, but from the videos I've seen, with the exception of the standalone shower in the studios, I would much prefer a standard room. The furniture is much more Polynesian looking to me. I also don't like how the studios don't have a bureau, just a chest to put your clothes. Lastly, would much prefer having 2 beds as opposed to 1 bed and a pull out sofa.

EOD K9

I'm a DVC member and stayed at the Poly Studios for two nights. I have two year old twins and it worked for us. The girls used the Murphy bed and slept at each end. We felt the room was spacious enough for us. The split bathroom was great and we loved the walk in shower. Talk to me in a few years when my daughters are older and I'll get back to you.

captainkidd

It's not the space that's the issue. Studios are 50 square feet bigger. I just don't care for the room decor.

Honestly, it's one major reason we never joined DVC. I don't care for the decor of any of the Studios as much as the standard rooms. And I really don't like the kitchen sink in the hallway.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The studios are converted cash rooms and both are the largest on property. If you don't like the decor and the split bath isn't a deal maker, then stay in the standard room.
Which do you prefer?

I've only stayed in a standard room, but from the videos I've seen, with the exception of the standalone shower in the studios, I would much prefer a standard room. The furniture is much more Polynesian looking to me. I also don't like how the studios don't have a bureau, just a chest to put your clothes. Lastly, would much prefer having 2 beds as opposed to 1 bed and a pull out sofa.

What chest? There are two large drawers under the bed and drawers in each vanity in the bathrooms. The lack of a dresser is an interesting design decision.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The best thing about a studios is the split bathroom. 1 shower 1 tub/shower so like have 2 bathrooms.

I would have rearranged both bathrooms to either fit a larger tub or a 2nd toilet. The full bath has wasted space, IMHO.

captainkidd

The studios are converted cash rooms and both are the largest on property. If you don't like the decor and the split bath isn't a deal maker, then stay in the standard room.

What chest? There are two large drawers under the bed and drawers in each vanity in the bathrooms. The lack of a dresser is an interesting design decision.

If we stayed in a studio, we'd be renting points and saving about $1,500.

There's a chest right in front of the sofa that you can put clothes in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom