Polynesian Resort questions

jeffk410

Original Poster
I know it's only been a week since my last inquiry, but if anyone has any updates on the Poly pool construction - please share.

Livelovedisney

I think when you go they will be working on the quite pool. We will be staying there in June and got a letter saying that when the main pool is open for use they will start construction on the other one.

jeffk410

Original Poster
I think when you go they will be working on the quite pool. We will be staying there in June and got a letter saying that when the main pool is open for use they will start construction on the other one.

Thanks, i've heard the same thing. I'm pretty happy about this since all I would want is a hot tub and the main pool anyway.

Now the tough question will be figuring out which DVC room location to request in order to avoid hearing the east pool construction.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Now the tough question will be figuring out which DVC room location to request in order to avoid hearing the east pool construction.
Tokelau would be the only DVC building affected by construction on the quiet pool...and even then, it would only be the rooms on the west side of the building.

jeffk410

Original Poster
Tokelau would be the only DVC building affected by construction on the quiet pool...and even then, it would only be the rooms on the west side of the building.

Awesome, thanks Tuvalu - you've been a huge help. Really looking forward to my first trip at the Poly now.

jeffk410

Original Poster
So, I just attempted online check-in and the only thing you can request is lower, upper or near an elevator. I am surprised you can't request a building.

I was really hoping to request anything but Tokelau - anyone have any ideas? Or is it going to be luck of the draw?

imagination30

okay im here bc im torn , we are booking for the poly. and our travel agent gave us the option of either a Lagoon view , or a standard. ... ? , so which would you pick and why!?.. ready set go!

jeffk410

Original Poster
okay im here bc im torn , we are booking for the poly. and our travel agent gave us the option of either a Lagoon view , or a standard. ... ? , so which would you pick and why!?.. ready set go!

I'd personally want a lagoon view, but I went with a standard view.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If you aren't going to spend much time in your room, standard view is fine. There can be a big leap in cost from garden view ("standard") to lagoon ~ if you plan to relax on your balcony and watch the boats on the lagoon and see the monorail in the distance, and are in your room in time to watch the fireworks, then the extra cost is worth it. If your room is simply a place to sleep and shower then probably not. You can watch the fireworks and the Electrical Water Pageant from the beach.

The buildings with lagoon views (Moorea (DVC) Hawaii (club), Tuvalu and Aeotearoa) also have garden views on the opposite side. If you are staying in a DVC room, Tokelau is most centrally located; Moorea and Pago Pago are closest to the TTC and the Epcot monorail and express monorail to MK. If you are staying in a regular room, Rarotonga is centrally located. But the entire resort is small, and you can walk anywhere in 5 +/- minutes.

jeffk410

Original Poster
If you aren't going to spend much time in your room, standard view is fine. There can be a big leap in cost from garden view ("standard") to lagoon ~ if you plan to relax on your balcony and watch the boats on the lagoon and see the monorail in the distance, and are in your room in time to watch the fireworks, then the extra cost is worth it. If your room is simply a place to sleep and shower then probably not. You can watch the fireworks and the Electrical Water Pageant from the beach.

The buildings with lagoon views (Moorea (DVC) Hawaii (club), Tuvalu and Aeotearoa) also have garden views on the opposite side. If you are staying in a DVC room, Tokelau is most centrally located; Moorea and Pago Pago are closest to the TTC and the Epcot monorail and express monorail to MK. If you are staying in a regular room, Rarotonga is centrally located. But the entire resort is small, and you can walk anywhere in 5 +/- minutes.

Any idea why I can't request a building on the online check-in? I've stayed at AKL, WL, BLT, SSR, OKW and a bunch of moderates and thought I always could request a building.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Any idea why you can't request a building on the online check-in? I've stayed at AKL, BLT, SSR, OKW and a bunch of moderates and thought I always could request a building.
This has been a recent change, probably since the addition of DVC. Building names used to be there for online check in requests. If you have a specific longhouse request, call and have it noted on your reservation.

Tinkx

Hello! This is my first post!

We will be there 2-9 May, staying at Beach Club, and hoping we will be able to go to Trader Sam's for a few happy hours.

imagination30

we booked our room , on sat and got our confirmation on monday , and we got Lagoon , and ask if we could get Hawaii third floor , and was told by my cousin who is or travel agent for this trip . that the guy at disney said , it should be no problem , they try to fill request first!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom