Polynesian early transportation options

Thumper14

Original Poster
We are staying at the Polynesian Villas for the first time in April for our 35th wedding anniversary. In recent visits we stayed at the Epcot resorts. We love to wake early to grab the Rope Drops and to take advantage of early EMH. What are the best resort transportation options for getting to the parks early? I realize only busses are available for Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Busses are your best and often only options for AK and DHS.

For MK, the boat and the monorail are about equal.

For Epcot, the monorail is your most consistent option, but you have to take the full resort loop to the TTC and then transfer to the Epcot line. The total trip door to door is about 45 minutes.

If you are staying on the side of the Poly close to the TTC you can often walk over and get directly on the Epcot line and shave off about 5-10 minutes of that 45 minute trip.

The link below will give you nearly every conceivable transportation option along with a travel time.

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx#.Vq-EI7IrJhE

Thumper14

Original Poster

For Epcot, the monorail is your most consistent option, but you have to take the full resort loop to the TTC and then transfer to the Epcot line. The total trip door to door is about 45 minutes.

If you are staying on the side of the Poly close to the TTC you can often walk over and get directly on the Epcot line and shave off about 5-10 minutes of that 45 minute trip.

The link below will give you nearly every conceivable transportation option along with a travel time.

Thanks for the link. I am hoping to stay in the Moorea longhouse which is a very short walk to the TTC. I was worried the Monorail had later start times.

Thumper14

Original Poster
Buses are the best, for EMH, imo. We've used them problem free in the past.

Thank you, I have used the WDW busses with much success in the past. I am sure they will get me to the AK and HS promptly. I did not think the Polynesian had bus service to MK and EP, if the monorail is running. I was questioning the early running times of the monorail. Would the ferry or water launch run earlier?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thank you, I have used the WDW busses with much success in the past. I am sure they will get me to the AK and HS promptly. I did not think the Polynesian had bus service to MK and EP, if the monorail is running. I was questioning the early running times of the monorail. Would the ferry or water launch run earlier?
As a frequent Poly guest, I can confirm that the start times of the monorail and boat are the same (1 to 1.5 hours prior to MK opening.) You can confirm the actual time upon your arrival. It is an easy walk to the TTC from any of the villas buildings, and much more time efficient than riding the resort line all the way around to the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail.

You will also be informed upon arrival if the monorail has delayed operating hours. If so, buses to MK and Epcot will run from the Poly bus stop, 1 hour prior to park opening.

Thumper14

Original Poster
As a frequent Poly guest, I can confirm that the start times of the monorail and boat are the same (1 to 1.5 hours prior to MK opening.) You can confirm the actual time upon your arrival. It is an easy walk to the TTC from any of the villas buildings, and much more time efficient than riding the resort line all the way around to the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail.

You will also be informed upon arrival if the monorail has delayed operating hours. If so, buses to MK and Epcot will run from the Poly bus stop, 1 hour prior to park opening.
Thank you very much. I am excited about staying at the Poly Villas. I wanted the Boardwalk Villas but they were sold out. However after researching the Poly I am glad it happened.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thank you very much. I am excited about staying at the Poly Villas. I wanted the Boardwalk Villas but they were sold out. However after researching the Poly I am glad it happened.
The new Oasis pool should be open by your visit, giving the Poly two great swimming options as well as two hot tubs. And all the construction will finally be done!

I know I am biased, but it is hard not to love the Poly, especially for a romantic anniversary celebration :happy:.

Thumper14

Original Poster
The new Oasis pool should be open by your visit, giving the Poly two great swimming options as well as two hot tubs. And all the construction will finally be done!

I know I am biased, but it is hard not to love the Poly, especially for a romantic anniversary celebration :happy:.

I can hardly wait, thanks.

HauntedMansionFLA

Does the resort have posted times of when busses will arrive to pick you up? I heard they were putting in time boards at the resorts. Thanks

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Does the resort have posted times of when busses will arrive to pick you up? I heard they were putting in time boards at the resorts. Thanks
I know they did testing with this last year at I think 8 different resorts (GF, WL, All Stars, PORS, AKL, FW and the Contemporary if memory serves me). No idea if they became permanent or if they expanded any further.

21stamps

I will add another vote to the bus use. For mk I always used the boat as the monorail line is usually long. Walk to TTC and monorail it to Epcot or bus
I second this. We used the boat to/from MK every time but once.

I was in Tuvalu with a 5 year old and we still walked to the TTC. It's not that far and is the best option for Epcot.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

I know they did testing with this last year at I think 8 different resorts (GF, WL, All Stars, PORS, AKL, FW and the Contemporary if memory serves me). No idea if they became permanent or if they expanded any further.

I saw the boards (monitors mounted in the loading areas) earlier this week at Poly, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Springs. They were functional and fairly accurate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom