Polynesian DVC?

Tom

Beta Return
Correct. When I say add-on, I am talking about adding on to your portfolio of TS holdings, not onto an existing contract.

Using banking a borrowing, you may be able to get 3-5 nights out of a 25 point contract.

Gotcha.

My husband and I talked about that. We might get 50 points so we could go for a few days every third year... or something like that. I wish points were exchangeable.

Yeah, I'd go at least 50, if not 75 (like my anonymous wife mentioned earlier). If I'm able to take a trip and stay at the Poly every 3 years.....I want a week of it!

Annielkd

We've been cutting back to about 4 days... and I wouldn't mind 3 days at one place and two at another if I got the Poly. Right now we usually stay at either Vero Beach or Hilton Head for a day or so anyway... so I'd like three days. I jus tdon't have the energy for that many days in the parks... I like some down time.

tecowdw

The term "add-on" is very ambiguous, or perhaps even inappropriate, with regards to DVC.

A Contract is a Contract. If you already have a 200 pt Contract at BLT, that's what it is. I'm not 100% sure, but you may be able to add to THAT contract, which could be called an add-on. But you'd have to actually buy more BLT points from the same use year.

Otherwise, it's just a straight up new contract. Be it 25 pts at Poly, an additional 25 pts at BLT in a different use years, or whatever.

I guess you're "adding" a contract to your personal portfolio, but people shouldn't get the impression that you're literally adding points to an existing contract. Holding several small contracts will just make it almost impossible to book anywhere for an extended number of days.

Agreed - all purchases are a separate legal document. However, in terms of membership, each one can be the same contract number, if same use year, but just a sub-contract.

For example, if buy X points initially at BLT with a September use year, you would be assigned contract number 123456.000 under your membership. If you then added Y points at any DVC resort with a September use year, you would be assigned contract number 123456.001 under your membership. If you then add Z points at any DVC resort with a December use year, you would be assigned new contract number 654321.000 under your membership.

So, while they are all separate legal documents (i.e. contracts), the use year is what controls whether it is a different contract number under your membership. There is other fine print, such as registration, that are a factor but essentially the same use year becomes a sub-contract of the first one.

I've made multiple purchases over the years, both direct through Disney and on the resale market - some at AKL and some at Wilderness Lodge. They all have the same use year and each contract in my membership starts with 123456 (for example) with sub number of .000 through .004 to signify my individual purchases. Granted, there was one or two of the resale ones that had to be modified to be a sub contract. They were originally assigned a new contract number completely due to clerical issues. Heck, on my very first resale, they assigned me a whole new membership number even. Morale of that story - even Disney makes mistakes! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom