Poly, W.Lodge, Yacht or Beach?

Panchito

I'm planning a trip for next August. My choices for Resorts are Polynesian, Yacht, Beach or Wilderness Lodge. I've been to Florida about 6 times and they are all beautiful hotels but haven't stayed at any of them. Which one should I stay at? :confused:

Lance

Polynesian all the way.

The Poly has a great atmosphere, it's right on the water, and you got the monorail. I would take the Poly over WL, and the Yacht and Beach.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
It depends upon where you plan to spend the most time. If you're travelling with children, and/or plan to spend most of your time at the MK, I would go with the Poly. If you are more interested in nightlife and Epcot, Studios, and AK, I would go with Beach or Yacht Club...you can walk to Epcot & (if you want a looong walk, to the studios) The ride to AK is a bit shorter, also. If you want a nice atmosphere, I'd go with WL. (although I've never stayed there, I would like to.)

Upvote 0

disneydentist

We've done WL the last two years. We've done the Poly several times over the years. Right now we're leaning toward the Poly next year so the kids can try the new pool. i agree with Marcia about the Yacht and Beach being better for certain scenarios. Personally, access to MK is about equal when allowing for stops on the monorail(Poly) vs waiting for a boat (Poly or WL). If cost is an object you still have proximity to the MK at a much lower rate at the WL.

Upvote 0

PrincessK

I'd go with the Polynesian.

You really can't go wrong. You're close to the MK and TTC, and you get the touch of Hawaii as well. My friend just came back from her honeymoon there and it's my fave as well.

Kristin

Upvote 0

Cindylou

I really love the WL. We stayed once at the Poly and were not overly impressed. The Yacht and Beach are beautiful, but I have not stayed there yet. I would probably stay there just because for honeymoon purpose, I think it would seem more romantic. Just a thought.

Upvote 0

Cindylou

Steve, I am really glad you liked it. That's one of the things I love about Disney, so much to choose from. That way when we find something that does not appeal to us, we can keep looking and it will not be long before we are happy. Disney does like to make their guests happy. Maybe not as much as they once did, but you can still find those cast members who make it their goal to please. Aren't we lucky.

Upvote 0

Cindylou

Steve,
Great goal, that is what I aspire to also. So far we have stayed at one of the Allstars, CB, DL, CS, Poly,Contemporay,WL and Boardwalk. Still need to do the Yacht & Beach, Grand Floridian and maybe Swan & Dolphin. I have given up on the other Allstars. Rooms are way to small. Let me know when you reach your goal.

Upvote 0
You'll find so much more to do after the parks close by staying at the Yacht or Beach Club. We love the Yacht club for several reasons, but primarily because of the location.

Upvote 0

Cindylou

I love the Nautical Theme at Yacht and Beach Club. Am anxious to stay there once the Vacation club opens. I think they are talking next year, so then we will get our wish. And of course they have some great restaurants there. And the pool area is pretty nice also.

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

hmmm...you've picked some pretty good ones there, Panchito! personally, i like WL best out of all of them. Poly is ok, but to me the original resorts are classics...but because they're a lot older, they kinda have a funny smell. i like the newer resorts much much better. but Poly definately has the more relaxed/private/romantic flair to it, over WL. and trust me, i've been on WL's beach at night...it seems like there should be a sign just before you get to the beach that should say something like 'Caution: Kids Run Amuck'...especially when the ancient water parade is about to start. and WL's beach isnt' that big to begin with, not to mention having all those kids run around. not exactly my idea of a romantic evening.
now, i don't really know about Poly's beach. i imagine with them having a tropical theme that their beach would be much larger and spacious...but i've never been out on their beach, so i wouldn't know about it.
ummmm, lemme see....oh yes. my take on Yacht/Beach. well, for me, it's a nice place to visit, but i'm not sure i'd want to stay there. for some reason the place seems like a hotel the Howell's off of Gilligan's Island would stay at. hence, it's a little too ritsy (sp?) for my country bumpkin self. ;) lol
so basically all this amounts to is that it's all up to your personal preference. WL has a great relaxed atmosphere...Poly has that classic tropical romantic feel...and well, the Yacht/Beach has a, um, 'rich people' feel (i don't know any other way to put it) but as it sounded from your first post, you've already seen these resorts...am i correct in assuming that?
oh, and if you haven't thought about Animal Kingdom Lodge, you might want to check that out via internet and take that one into consideration as well. i'd imagine standing out on your balcony, watching all the animals would be kinda romantic as well.
btw, just out of curiosity, has your fiancee ever been to WDW?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom