Poly vs AKL Club Level

Disneymom201

Original Poster
The husband and I are flying down to celebrate our 20th anniversary next month. First time ever to The World without the kids (feeling EXTREMELY guilty :( )
I just booked 2 nights at The Poly (CL Garden View) as we are only doing MNSSHP, then heading to the Gulf for the remainder of our trip. I've been reading mediocre reviews of CL experiences there. We actually just stayed at The Poly this summer (2nd visit) but not CL. I thought being on the monorail for our short stay would make the most sense.
Anyhow, I've read phenomenal reviews on CL @ AKL. Now I am second guessing my decision. Any input on either AKL or Polys CL?
(We also stayed AKL about 5 years ago, but not CL)
Thanks for any and all input :)

epcotisbest

So this is going to be no help at all, having stayed at both but not club level at either. AKL may be one of the most beautiful resorts anywhere, but if we were to choose between the two again, Poly would win just because we like the overall feel of the place, the pools and especially the monorail or boat ride choice to MK. Since we don't care for MNSSHP, we would just hang out at the Poly, enjoying the resort, so the transportation would not be a factor, so we might enjoy AKL. See, no help at all.
Now, given a choice between zebra domes and Dole Whip, that makes it easier...Dole Whip.

Disneymom201

Original Poster
So this is going to be no help at all, having stayed at both but not club level at either. AKL may be one of the most beautiful resorts anywhere, but if we were to choose between the two again, Poly would win just because we like the overall feel of the place, the pools and especially the monorail or boat ride choice to MK. Since we don't care for MNSSHP, we would just hang out at the Poly, enjoying the resort, so the transportation would not be a factor, so we might enjoy AKL. See, no help at all.
Now, given a choice between zebra domes and Dole Whip, that makes it easier...Dole Whip.
I like your thinking. Our resort day at The Poly this summer was my favorite ❤️

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Stayed garden view club at the Poly twice this year (April and June) and had wonderful experiences. There are lots of photos and details of our stay in my trip reports:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/go-with-the-flow-its-spring-break-you-know-completed.912354/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/whoa-wait-a-minute-werent-you-just-there-completed.914956/

I stayed club at AKL a few years ago and was not overly impressed. Loved the resort but the CL staff was not what we expect from Disney.

You can't go wrong with the Poly! :happy:

tpoly88

The husband and I are flying down to celebrate our 20th anniversary next month. First time ever to The World without the kids (feeling EXTREMELY guilty :( )
I just booked 2 nights at The Poly (CL Garden View) as we are only doing MNSSHP, then heading to the Gulf for the remainder of our trip. I've been reading mediocre reviews of CL experiences there. We actually just stayed at The Poly this summer (2nd visit) but not CL. I thought being on the monorail for our short stay would make the most sense.
Anyhow, I've read phenomenal reviews on CL @ AKL. Now I am second guessing my decision. Any input on either AKL or Polys CL?
(We also stayed AKL about 5 years ago, but not CL)
Thanks for any and all input :)

I have stayed at both. The AKL i thought had the best food of any CL and they have the best food on property in my opinion. That being said, i love the Poly and you cant go wrong as another person said, the quick transportation to MK is great and Epcot. The only thing i did not like about the Poly last time i was there is it was tired( i think it has been revamped) but the food was ok. ive stayed in the CL building as well as the honeymoon suite below the King K suite (sorry i could not spell the full name). To me no kids, id go bar hoping along the monorail!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom