Poly over water rooms

networkpro

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Has anyone else looked into exactly how close the new structures are to the ferry dock ? I don't imagine having a Toot Toot every twenty minutes from 7:30 Am to the early morning hours would be too conducive to a good nights rest even when tempered by exhaustion from walking around the parks all day.

JasonDeyoung

You'd hear the toots from the TTC ferries as well as the MK & Resort ferries. Not sure how bad it would be honestly I stayed at all 3 and I enjoyed them lol but also kind of just became immune after awhile

tigger1968

I haven't really weighed in on these, but seeing the pics, I have to wonder....just how much of that really great view of MK has now been ruined by those things?

draybook

They're pretty close. I would say that the ferry gets within about 80 yards of them as it gets close to the dock.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I haven't really weighed in on these, but seeing the pics, I have to wonder....just how much of that really great view of MK has now been ruined by those things?
There is only a fraction of the original beach remaining, the part that was right in front of the volcano pool. Everything to the right of that (as you look towards the MK) has the bungalows. What were theme park views in the longhouses on the beach have been changed to "lagoon view". Only 3rd floor rooms are high enough over the tops of the bungalows to be theme park views now.

:cry:

tikiman

There is only a fraction of the original beach remaining, the part that was right in front of the volcano pool. Everything to the right of that (as you look towards the MK) has the bungalows. What were theme park views in the longhouses on the beach have been changed to "lagoon view". Only 3rd floor rooms are high enough over the tops of the bungalows to be theme park views now.

Actually the views from the second floor did not change categories because the bungalows do not block their view of the castle.

doctornick

Where exactly are these builds? I had thought they were going to the beach in front of the Tahiti building, but this makes it sounds like they are on the beach near the Hawai'i building instead/as well.

Will any of the beach be accessible once they are done and where?

tikiman

Where exactly are these builds? I had thought they were going to the beach in front of the Tahiti building, but this makes it sounds like they are on the beach near the Hawai'i building instead/as well.

Will any of the beach be accessible once they are done and where?

bungalows01.jpg

epcotisbest

I wonder "who" had the great idea to do this!! It's ugly!!
Jim
Over water bungalows first appeared in French Polynesia, on the island of Moorea, during the 1960s.

Three Californian men known as the Bali Hai Boys extended their resort, Club Bali Hai Moorea, into the reef-protected lagoon and created the first over water bungalows, called Bali Hai. The idea soon spread to elsewhere in Tahiti and the South Pacific, eventually expanding to Maldives and later, the Caribbean, during the 1980s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom