Poly needs your $$$

21stamps

And when they don't? You mean Disney might have to confront someone? And that new staff you mentioned?

Funny you think guests will behave nicely when it suits your purpose... but if you asked them to respect a non paid system nothing will work. Gotcha
Then they know that their paid time is up and it's time to go. I can't imagine that happening.
Most people who are willing to pay for something are not the same people running out to stake their claim by leaving items to "hold" an area.

21stamps

I'm not even saying it's wrong or right to do so I'm not singling them out.

My only point is that Disney's operating style has been to avoid situations where CMs are confronting guests directly. People don't like to be told they are wrong especially when paying big bucks for a vacation. It seems like they go out of their way to avoid such conflict. Probably a big reason why they went with a fee to rent as opposed to having CMs monitor guest use.
Agreed. I think most hotels try to do the same. Understandably they don't want conflict with your guests. To have a 'cabana monitor' is a bit ridiculous to me. Again, I think the majority of people won't have an issue with this change.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Then they know that their paid time is up and it's time to go. I can't imagine that happening.
Most people who are willing to pay for something are not the same people running out to stake their claim by leaving items to "hold" an area.

Bu ha ha... now it's the class arguments. These are people paying 300+ a night to stay at the poly... not freeloaders off the street. Your concerns were debunked, they apply to a paid model as well.

What would people off more.... not having a free cabana available , or paying for a cabana and not having it Available? Disney needs to police a paid system even more than a free one.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Bu ha ha... now it's the class arguments. These are people paying 300+ a night to stay at the poly... not freeloaders off the street. Your concerns were debunked, they apply to a paid model as well.

What would **** people off more.... not having a free cabana available , or paying for a cabana and not having it Available? Disney needs to police a paid system even more than a free one.
They still need to monitor it if it's a paid system but it's easier to kick people out. If you are squatting in a cabana which you are supposed to pay for you really have no argument when you get kicked out in favor of a guest who paid. The CM just says sorry, this guy paid to rent this cabana. When the cabana is free people won't take it well if they get kicked out for going over their time limit in favor of another guest who also paid nothing. It's more of a grey area.

21stamps

What would **** people off more.... not having a free cabana available , or paying for a cabana and not having it Available? Disney needs to police a paid system even more than a free one.
Being able to pay $300+ per night does not make someone a respectful person. Those come in all income brackets.

Disney just happens to see more of it because they tend to have more people who save for a lengthy amount of time to afford it..this makes SOME (not all) of those people feel even more entitled...because that vacation is more than they usually spend for a hotel (this is my impression after reading Disney forums) However, there are plenty of people who do usually spend that amount and are also inconsiderate of others. Again, it's not income level specific.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Being able to pay $300+ per night does not make someone a respectful person. Those come in all income brackets.

Disney just happens to see more of it because they tend to have more people who save for a lengthy amount of time to afford it..this makes SOME (not all) of those people feel even more entitled...because that vacation is more than they usually spend for a hotel (this is my impression after reading Disney forums) However, there are plenty of people who do usually spend that amount and are also inconsiderate of others. Again, it's not income level specific.

So you are both saying people are only considerate and reasonable if they paid for it... otherwise the same demographic is a rude, hoarding group that would raise hell if they were politely asked to share?

Somehow paying is going to change who wants a cabana? Or their behaviors? No

You would still need to police it and now have created an expectation that you WILL

21stamps

So you are both saying people are only considerate and reasonable if they paid for it... otherwise the same demographic is a rude, hoarding group that would raise hell if they were politely asked to share?

Somehow paying is going to change who wants a cabana? Or their behaviors? No

You would still need to police it and now have created an expectation that you WILL
Omg. You are not comprehending any of this. I give up.

flynnibus

Premium Member
They still need to monitor it if it's a paid system but it's easier to kick people out. If you are squatting in a cabana which you are supposed to pay for you really have no argument when you get kicked out in favor of a guest who paid. The CM just says sorry, this guy paid to rent this cabana. When the cabana is free people won't take it well if they get kicked out for going over their time limit in favor of another guest who also paid nothing. It's more of a grey area.

So rules only apply when there is money changing hands? I know what you are trying to say... but it's a terrible expectation to promote that free means you can ignore the rules.

Imagine using that justification to line jumper discussions... "well it's not like I paid for this spot in line... why should they respect the people they cut in front of"

21stamps

Or your inconsistent arguments don't hold water.

I get it... you are the type that is willing to pay... and you treat money differently. That doesn't mean everyone has the same values as you.
You don't understand business that is customer facing. You can not implement the things you are suggesting without creating more problems. That is reality.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So rules only apply when there is money changing hands? I know what you are trying to say... but it's a terrible expectation to promote that free means you can ignore the rules.

Imagine using that justification to line jumper discussions... "well it's not like I paid for this spot in line... why should they respect the people they cut in front of"
Terrible...yes, probably. But that's the way people think and act. People always think the rules don't apply to them. If there are only 20 cabanas and 20 guests have paid to rent them it's black and white who should and shouldn't be using them.

21stamps

Terrible...yes, probably. But that's the way people think and act. People always think the rules don't apply to them. If there are only 20 cabanas and 20 guests have paid to rent them it's black and white who should and shouldn't be using them.
..and in this case there are only 3.

3 cheap to rent cabanas yet people are throwing a fit. It's pretty amusing when you think about it.

21stamps

The customer isn't always right

You can throw whatever fit you want at GR... doesn't mean you always get your way.

Care to try an actual point of substance? We don't bend our entire world to the the whim of one

You constantly talk about your career, right? Well this is one instance where you fail to understand a customer service related issue, maybe bc your job doesn't have to deal with it, I don't know..but I'll give you that excuse.
It has nothing to do with "the customer is always right". People have given example after expample and you still aren't able to process and understand it.

When there is a time allocated with a monetary amount people are respectful of that time.
This should be the same way if something is free.. But it isn't, because there are a lot of jerks in this world who ruin things for everyone.
This forces a company to provide a better solution for all. Sometimes "better" includes a fee.

The only people who will be negatively impacted by this are the people who dropped their stuff off on the way to breakfast, or the people who left items there for most of the day.

flynnibus

Premium Member

You can create structure that is clear without charging (again... the line example).

Maybe if we didn't bend everything to coddle to the extreme problem people maybe we could actually have start expecting self responsibility in this world again.

Just think of how many negative interactions Disney will create when they need to kick people out who didn't pay... or people griping about the cabanas being empty and out of reach simply because Disney wants to charge you to use it. Or people who want to extend their use, but can't because this cabana is booked, even if another cabana is empty. A fixed reservation system creates its own conflicts.

You know these will happen and are consequences of monetizing things people see as nickel and dimming.

It's not like people can't comprehend "first come, first serve", "time limits", and sharing.

How long before the websites tell people to just camp out in them if empty... daring Disney to throw them out

21stamps

You can create structure that is clear without charging (again... the line example).

Maybe if we didn't bend everything to coddle to the extreme problem people maybe we could actually have start expecting self responsibility in this world again.

Just think of how many negative interactions Disney will create when they need to kick people out who didn't pay... or people griping about the cabanas being empty and out of reach simply because Disney wants to charge you to use it. Or people who want to extend their use, but can't because this cabana is booked, even if another cabana is empty. A fixed reservation system creates its own conflicts.

You know these will happen and are consequences of monetizing things people see as nickel and dimming.

It's not like people can't comprehend "first come, first serve", "time limits", and sharing.

How long before the websites tell people to just camp out in them if empty... daring Disney to throw them out
Name one hotel in the country that has anything of the sort.

I'll wait..

flynnibus

Premium Member
You constantly talk about your career, right? Well this is one instance where you fail to understand a customer service related issue, maybe bc your job doesn't have to deal with it, I don't know..but I'll give you that excuse.
It has nothing to do with "the customer is always right". People have given example after expample and you still aren't able to process and understand it.

When there is a time allocated with a monetary amount people are respectful of that time.
This should be the same way if something is free.. But it isn't, because there are a lot of jerks in this world who ruin things for everyone.
This forces a company to provide a better solution for all. Sometimes "better" includes a fee.

So you aren't going to give an item that doesn't exist in a pay system? Because your point relies on everyone playing nice... and they don't. So potential grief and conflict still exisists in a paid system.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Name one hotel in the country that has anything of the sort.

I'll wait..

if you only did things everyone does... we wouldn't have Disney and they would not have been know as the gold standard in customer service (in the past).

And what specifically would you like an example of? Things with time limits?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom