Poly needs your $$$

KeithVH

Original Poster
Since we no longer patronize the Poly, I would normally say it won't bother me. But just yet another indication of the slow spiral downwards.

Fixed link with bitly

Last edited by a moderator:

Bacon

59f966511f064d65859be41df5ca0888.jpg

dgp602

It basically states that you can rent a Cabana for $25/half day or $40/full day. They don't come with any amenities. They used to be free on a first come-first served basis.

Cash grab 101...
Yup, it's a money grab. But....and here it comes.....at ANY water park in America they have these cabana's to rent so this isn't out of the ordinary ( although I get that a hotel pool isn't a waterpark, but it still is a prime piece of real estate ) And when i stayed there this summer, I noticed that families were waking up very early in th morning and going down to the pool just to throw towels/clothes /drinks in the cabanas and leaving them to appear "taken". Then these same people would not even come back to the cabana's until well into the afternoon...

Bocabear

If they are going to rent the cabanas, then they should go ahead and make them full resort style cabanas with some amenities and services...I would rather spend $80.00 and have a stocked fridge with juices and water, and waiter service for drinks... Hell, I would pay more than that... If you call yourself a world class hotel and charge luxury prices, then I think the services offered, even those that are extra cost, should be up to par with what I would have at another hotel. $40 for a couple chairs under a piece of semi shade is just insulting.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
If they are going to rent the cabanas, then they should go ahead and make them full resort style cabanas with some amenities and services...I would rather spend $80.00 and have a stocked fridge with juices and water, and waiter service for drinks... Hell, I would pay more than that... If you call yourself a world class hotel and charge luxury prices, then I think the services offered, even those that are extra cost, should be up to par with what I would have at another hotel. $40 for a couple chairs under a piece of semi shade is just insulting.

Plenty of resorts charge for cabanas like these with zero amenities. But...I get it...this is Disney...where you are playing a million dollars a night to stay at the Poly so the cabanas should be free...

21stamps

It wouldn't be $80 though. GF is over $200 for 8 hours (full day), over $100 for 4 hours (half day). Specific times only. I'd gladly pay the $40 and walk to the bar for my own drinks and food.

We will definitely do it the next time we are at Poly. I'm sure they will sell out quickly though.

Bocabear

yeah for sure more than $80...I just doubled the figure. I have paid more in Las Vegas for a Cabana and really loved the experience...It would be nice if they would do a service to match the style of the hotel. $120/4 hours, Fresh juices, water, soft drinks and Dole Whip service.
I would pay that.... Would make for a lovely afternoon!

21stamps

yeah for sure more than $80...I just doubled the figure. I have paid more in Las Vegas for a Cabana and really loved the experience...It would be nice if they would do a service to match the style of the hotel. $120/4 hours, Fresh juices, water, soft drinks and Dole Whip service.
My perfect world- do half and half. One part full service. Other part cabana only. Our local water park has this, two separate pools though. We get a cabana on any day that we stay more than an hour or two...because it's so annoying to try to get a chair in a good location, or a chair at all. Many times I don't need the full service, most of the time actually. We only did a full service cabana twice this year, the rest we did the plain one. I like to have a safe place to put our stuff and come back to.

Bocabear

Plenty of resorts charge for cabanas like these with zero amenities. But...I get it...this is Disney...where you are playing a million dollars a night to stay at the Poly so the cabanas should be free...
That line of thinking doesnt work in the world of high end luxury hotels... Try $650/night to stay at the Waldorf Astoria, and see if they give you a free cabana... they will laugh in your face...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

I think that's the point that Disney misses, They want the money other hotels get for things like cabanas but are unwilling to perform the services that allow the other hotels to charge for cabana's Yes it WOULD be nice to spend a couple hundred bucks for a full day of cabana service with the amenities you mention with adult beverages an upcharge item.

21stamps

I think that's the point that Disney misses, They want the money other hotels get for things like cabanas but are unwilling to perform the services that allow the other hotels to charge for cabana's Yes it WOULD be nice to spend a couple hundred bucks for a full day of cabana service with the amenities you mention with adult beverages an upcharge item.
Disney doesn't miss that. They do it at both the GF and the Contemporary. I think it's nice to have one place with another option.
Some people just like to have a designated spot, and Poly's pools get extremely crowded.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Disney doesn't miss that. They do it at both the GF and the Contemporary. I think it's nice to have one place with another option.
Some people just like to have a designated spot, and Poly's pools get extremely crowded.

Yes you can rent a cabana at GF and the Contemporary but Disney provides no service unlike renting a Cabana in Vegas or Miami

21stamps

Yes you can rent a cabana at GF and the Contemporary but Disney provides no service unlike renting a Cabana in Vegas or Miami
Yes they do. They provide the exact same. Non alcoholic drinks included, a fruit or something, and a personal attendant to bring you drinks or food. Where's the difference?

What I do wish those 3 hotels had is actual wait staff walking around to lounge chairs at the pool taking orders/delivering drinks.

NearTheEars

Yep, they should at least be upgradable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom