Poly construction question

Lexie

Original Poster
Hello! Two questions about poly construction... We are staying at BC and have dinner reservations at ohanas so plan on driving and going to MK for a couple hours after dinner. My plan was to come back to poly, grab an ice cream and watch wishes from the beach before heading back to BC... Someone told me beach may now be only open to poly guests with all construction going on... So my questions are, would we as non poly guests have access to beach during the fireworks and second, does the construction currently effect beach/ MK view.. We are headed down in two weeks (!!). Thanks!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Can only comment about the Late April - early May 2014 time period....

The Poly looked a lot like Dresden in WWII :(. Perhaps things have improved a bit.....
Sadly, things have gotten worse. Visited two days ago~ the mini volcano babbling brook that began near the back exit of the GCH is all torn up (you can look down into it from the second story of the GCH) and fenced in. Which means you can no longer exit out the main back entrance ~ potted plants block that exit door from the inside.

The main pool area will be enclosed by construction walls at the end of next week.

The upstairs gift store and the little hut have been walled off, adding to the closed in feeling since the entire center (both levels) are walled off.

Outside, fences block off the three buildings slated to become DVC. The walkway to the TTC is no longer picturesque.

And the construction on the beach for the huts is as ugly in person as in photos that have been posted.

The OP should watch Wishes from the MK, seeing as though the plan was to go to MK following 'Ohana dinner.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We had a bad 'Ohana experience last month ~ rushed, rude service and the food was just okay. There are better choices for your dining dollars, IMHO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom