Poly Construction- How bad it it?

danpam1024

Original Poster
So I was THINKING about a trip beginning of Dec for Christmastime, and the rates at Poly are the lowest Ive EVER seen- is the construction just a total mess?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

WDWoptmist

Yeah we have been in the Poly a few times in the last few months kinda seeing whats going on and its a complete mess...for about the same amount do yourself a favor and go over to YC/BC

AmongMadPeople

I knew how much construction was going on, and visiting this past weekend I was shocked how bad it is. I would not pay money to stay there during construction. Especially since there is no way to know the exact level of construction/walkway obstruction that will be going on during any set of dates.

ratherbeinwdw

Head over to @tikiman 's Facebook page. He has a great post running where folks who have stayed there during the construction share their thoughts/opinion. It was very helpful.
I'm also concerned about our stay at the Poly in October. I don't have a facebook account. Could you sum up what the opinions were? We are staying at BC first, then moving to Poly for two nights.

harveyt0206

I'm also concerned about our stay at the Poly in October. I don't have a facebook account. Could you sum up what the opinions were? We are staying at BC first, then moving to Poly for two nights.

I don't have a Facebook account either, but I was able to access his page. I think it's because it is a public page. I just typed tikiman in to my search engine and found it.There are lots of people who say the construction did not bother them one bit. Then there are others who say that it was absolutely horrible and that the resort should be shut down. I honestly think it is all about your expectations. Anyone who chooses to stay there while there is construction has to understand that it is not going to be ideal.

ratherbeinwdw

I don't have a Facebook account either, but I was able to access his page. I think it's because it is a public page. I just typed tikiman in to my search engine and found it.There are lots of people who say the construction did not bother them one bit. Then there are others who say that it was absolutely horrible and that the resort should be shut down. I honestly think it is all about your expectations. Anyone who chooses to stay there while there is construction has to understand that it is not going to be ideal.
Thanks.

Minthorne

We stayed there in June and it wasn't so bad but the pool was still open at that point. I think we paid just about $300/night at that point. I agree with @wdwmagic - at this point it needs to be $200 or less to consider.

danpam1024

Original Poster
This is what the lobby looks like
PHOTOS - A look inside the Polynesian Resort Great Ceremonial House

The beach looks like this
http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/the...sian-resort-dvc-villas-construction/20925.htm

The entire main pool area is closed.

And one half of the resort is completely off limits.

Other than, that - all is well LOL.

I would say it depends how low the rate is. But unless it is extremely low, and I'm talking in the ballpark of $200, I would stay at another resort.
not low enough! What a hot mess!

HouCuseChickie

As many of you know...we're braving it in early November. I know lots of people think it's nuts, but out of the monorail resorts and the Epcot resorts, it was the only one that had discounted rooms for our dates. Yes, the pickings are very slim for our dates! Prior to discounts, I couldn't even add another night in the Contemporary tower at regular prices!!! Same thing with BWI- not a single room open in any category. So, we had been booked at the Contemporary, but the savings in switching to the Poly paid for the park tickets for our entire stay. I guess we could have switched to a moderate to get some additional savings, but we prefer deluxe, have a monorail crawl in our plans and I'd rather have the convenience of a Poly under construction than staying farther from the action. I don't like WL and we both don't like the remote feeling of AKL for this kind of trip, so those were instantly ruled out. So, the Poly it is!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom