1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

POLL: Which do you prefer? Upsells or layoffs

Discussion in 'Sea World Orlando' started by Siren, Dec 7, 2016.

?

Which do you prefer?

1. Upsells. It doesn't bother me because I don't have to buy them.

34 vote(s)
    79.1%
  2. Layoffs. Parks should layoff workers instead offering optional upsells that I don't have to buy.

9 vote(s)
    20.9%
  1. David2319

David2319 Well-Known Member

Do you guys seriously feel the need to humiliate someone like that?

Siren likes this.
  2. drizgirl

drizgirl Well-Known Member

The OP posted a false dichotomy for her poll.

JohnD and lazyboy97o like this.
  3. David2319

If you don't like it just don't vote.

Siren likes this.
  4. JohnD

JohnD Well-Known Member

It's not a fair poll. It gives the impression of just loving upsells or not wanting to be bothered by them so layoff some Disney workers. Um, really? Given the choices in the poll, I voted for the upsells as far preferable to laying anyone off. Not a difficult decision. Doesn't mean I like the idea of the upsells, though.

Siren likes this.
  5. Siren

Siren Well-Known Member Original Poster

Wow!!! @David2319, I adore you so much!!! And, thanks for looking out for me!!!

OMG, @David2319!!! Seriously, thank you, again!!! LOL. It's not some mind blowing revelation -- that comment is akin to saying that water is wet or the sun is hot or something like that.

All polls, surveys, and statistics are conducted under some hidden(blind) bias, intentional or otherwise.

I could have easily worded the poll to conceal my bias.

But, I decided not to and just to add a little humor to the discussion. That's all.

Hi @JohnD! Thanks so much for voting. Not only, are you part of the majority but you totally made the right choice!

6. Siren

Okay so, upon further reflection, my thoughts on Sea World have changed. Sea World does so much to rescue and rehabilitate so many birds and mammals, many of them are facing extinction. Sea World also strives to educate children and people.

I honestly believe that Sea World should be publicly funded like zoos -- both at the Federal and Local gov't levels.

7. drizgirl

drizgirl Well-Known Member

That's funny because there was a big discussion on another thread here just recently about the topic of survey bias. We should get you together with that poster to hash it out.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  8. photoginit

photoginit Well-Known Member

Blackfish combined with the rise in popularity of Universal and a dramatic drop in South American tourists have made a perfect storm that has really hurt SeaWorld Orlando. It really is the Orlando park that is causing them the most problems. Also they didn't handle the transition from being under AB to becoming a publicly traded company well.

Siren and Magic Feather like this.
  9. Siren

Sea World Orlando just banned a guest from their park for mourning Tilikum with a snarky sign and 33 roses. Good for them, I would have banned her too!

I do believe she meant well, however her message was to incite -- and that's why she is banned. I'm sure they will reverse it after a couple of years with no further incidents.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...ar-driver-banned-seaworld-20170123-story.html

Someone here mentioned that Sea World needs it's own on site hotel(s) and I totally agree. And, an underwater themed land like Atlantis or something should do the trick.

And, Sea World is borrowing a few tricks from Disney this year and I think it's a good thing!

Here are 3 ways SeaWorld plans to copy Disney
    http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/...are-3-ways-seaworld-plans-to-copy-disney.html

So, basically -- Sea World is going to sponsor a brand new festival called the Seven Seas Festival -- which is modeled after Disney's Epcot's Food and Wine. Plus, they are pandering to locals and exploring upsells!

Great job, Sea World!!!

David2319 likes this.
  10. David2319

From knowing Joel Manby personally, I can say that SeaWorld gets a bad rep. What the company did in the 80's is completely different from what they do today.

jencor and Siren like this.
  11. Angel Ariel

Angel Ariel Well-Known Member

Nothing Sea World has been doing the last few years is taking the "easy" way out. There is no easy way out for them. In order for upsells to work, you need attendance - something Sea World has been hemorrhaging since Blackfish came out.

12. David2319

Blackfish was part of it, but PETA etc. is just a vocal minority.

The main problem is that SeaWorld and Universal used to take a day out of a Disney vacation while now Universal is about to truly become a vacation destination in itself.

SeaWorld's failure was not reacting to Potter.

Jon81uk and Siren like this.
  13. RustySpork

RustySpork Well-Known Member

What are you talking about, they have festivals and events like this every year. This is just a face lift, it was previously known as Bands, Brew, and BBQ. They've also had a food and wine festival at their Busch Gardens Tampa park for years now.