POLL: Disney to Open Full Service Bar Inside Hollywood Tower of Terror

Do you want to see a bar inside of Hollywood Tower of Terror?

• Yes. I will gladly purchase a drink or three at this bar -- one drunkytown is not enough.

Votes: 113 48.3%
  • Sure. I don't mind but I will not visit or buy a drink at this bar.

Votes: 45 19.2%
  • No. Walt would not approve. A bar has no business inside of a theme park ride.

Votes: 58 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.7%

• Total voters

Sans Souci

no, too bad you don't live in the U.K., waiting years to see a health care professional.....

I have lived in the UK and I have never waited more than a day to see a doctor. I am back in the US now and I have a growth on my face. My appointment is at the end of the month. I made the appointment at the end of Feb. It was the earliest they could see me.

MississippiBelle

I think that adding a bar to this ride fits the theme. It's a hotel. They have bars. However, I answered other because the idea of it doesn't bother me and while I might get a glass of wine here every now and then, I don't plan on going to "drunkytown" as other posters have already mentioned. There's already alcohol served in this park so I doubt this is going to suddenly open up the flood gates of "drunkards" stumbling around. However, I agree that I don't want to be next to the guy who suddenly realizes that he shouldn't have drank a beer before getting on the ride :confused: but like I said, he could have easily had his beer elsewhere in the park and gotten on the ride with the same problem.

ToInfinityAndBeyond

tumblr_nhf9ofnoYf1s9362xo1_500.gif

Wikkler

I'm all for this new bar, although I don't understand the reference to "drunkytown". The vast majority of drinkers know their limits. There are a few bozos that tend to ruin things, but for the most part I think drinkers behave pretty well. And while I understand Walt's initial desire to not have booze at his original park, I think he would have been fine with alcohol in the parks as it is today.
There are more people than you think that go nuts with the alcohol, but also more people who keep reserved. I coined the term one day in 2013 after reading a Spirited thread, which had a tangent about how Food and Wine was attracting more drunkards every year. I opened another thread and moved the conversation there. It closed rather quickly. In those three years I have grown a little as a person and have come to accept that people can have alcohol occasionally, I mean after all, it's vacation, but there's still been an uptick in locals descending to Epcot just to get wasted. Disney closed Pleasure Island for this very reason. Magic Kingdom's not a kid park, and Epcot's not an adult park, they're both family parks. Emphasis on family. These people need to grow up and learn self-control, as well as responsibility for their actions.

Sorry for the tangent. You're right on the first part. It still makes me smile when I see people using my phrase. I guess I've made WDWMagic history. Yes, the vast majority know their limits. Yes, it's only a few bozos who ruin things, but alcohol at Epcot is too prevalent. It's almost every restaurant, and drinking around the world is the most discussed Epcot-related topic on the Internet. More than Frozestrom. More than Test Track or Soarin'. More than the closure of the dark rides. Alcohol. Let's be honest, it's the real reason Be our Guest still gets insane waits. It's the only restaurant at MK that serves beer or wine. Alcohol is the second-most consumed drug in the world (after caffeine). Walt had been to some amusement parks before Disneyland opened, and back then those were places for kids and teenagers and young adults to do whatever they pleased. Does anyone remember the parties from Great Gatsby? It was similar to that, but with rides. So, of course he was against alcohol.

One bar at Hollywood Studios isn't going to turn DHS into World Showcase on a weekend night in October. It's actually a well thought-out addition. Bars were omnipresent in hotels back then and, last time I checked, still are.

J. D.

Fox News is reporting that Disney World will open a bar inside of The Hollywood Tower of Terror.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2016/04/18/disney-world-to-open-bar-inside-hollywood-tower-terror.html

"The venue will be located near the ride’s exit, just across from the area where you pick up your spooky souvenir photo.

The bar is rumored to offer on-the-go snacks and exclusive Hollywood Tower Hotel themed beverages. How about a Fifth Dimension Old Fashioned? Or a Rod Sterling Rum Punch?"

ml45zt.jpg

The Bar is going in the Sunset Room on the right. Pic is from google.

Also, it has been reported that the GOTG overlay will not effect the bar.
It's not going in the "Sunset Room." It would be at the counter that is across the room from it. I wouldn't expect much. I imagine it will be a bit like the outdoor bar at the Brown Derby.

Wdw62114

I'm gonna get soooooo tanked at this bar people! then as everyone is leaving the ride, I will give them all hugs, slobber all over them, and throw up everywhere! Thank you Disney for giving me more booze!

Other areas at Disney parks where we need booze:
1. Inside every bathroom
2. Next to every stroller parking area
3. Inside Hall of Presidents (need to be drunk to tolerate politics)
4. Entrance of Tea Cups, Mission Space, Primeval Whirl, and Tomorrowland Speedway
5. Mini-bar on every resort bus.
6. Beers vendors working in the crowds at every parade, fireworks, and dance show.
7. Bar car on the Disney Railroad.
8. Fairytale Hall. Have a drink with a princess
9. Memory maker photographers should also serve booze.
10. New evening hours: Kilimanjaro Safaris one huge drunkin dance party with the animals! ($79/person)

Chef Mickey

I've been clear on my stance on alcohol in the parks.

It's a stupid idea and doesn't have a place in the parks. I'm for basically everything being legal and socially liberal, but there is a time and place for everything.

Unfortunately, people are idiots and one idiot can ruin it for everyon. I saw it at EPCOT just las week when I was there. Alcohol has no place on an iconic attraction such as ToT but almost nothing this current regime could cook up would surprise me.

Ultimately, it's a money grab anyway. These guys rarely care about making something more awesome unless there is a direct financial payoff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom