Poler-coaster coming to Orlando in 2016

B-Mac

Original Poster
During an interview with S&S at IAAPA today it was leaked that S&S and US Thrill Rides will be building one of their first 'Poler-coasters' at Orlando in the really near future. The ride will be 525 feet tall and feature over 7000 feet of track. The top of the tower will have over 20,000 square feet of space to be used for all sorts of commercial purposes from retail to fine dining. Here's a picture of their concept art at the booth:

1441284_10152052752143566_668158710_n.jpg

Ground is expected to be broken sometime in early 2014 and it will take a full 24 months in order for this monster to be completed.

stevehousse

I saw that video when the reports of the expo came out! I never thought it would get built, but if it does that is awesome! I cannot wait to ride this thing!

B-Mac

Original Poster
Any idea where it is going?

Only thing I do know is that none of the major amusement parks in Orlando have anything to do with it. So it's probably going to be a seperate attraction for one of the venues in the city (Amway Center, maybe?)

B-Mac

Original Poster
Getting a recycled spinning mouse and some singing mushrooms, not that bad when you think about it for a bit.

BubbaQuest

I thought S&S went bankrupt? While I am excited that I might be able to see this in person one day, don't these vertical style coasters usually turn out to be extremely painful?

B-Mac

Original Poster
S&S never declared bankruptcy. They acquired Arrow Dynamics' assets when they filed for bankruptcy in 2001, and liquidated everything except for their 4D concept under the name S&S Arrow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom