Pokemon Go in Disney World

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
13731726_10209869179989388_8530270959492950196_n.jpg

G00fyDad

Original Poster
Well fine. I hope they don't expect me to dive out of their way then. I am going to keep walking straight and refuse to move when these idiots stare at their phones and drift right toward me when I walk through the park. I hope their phones get knocked out of their hands and break. I've already done this to a few people downtown while walking. They refuse to look up and they walk 5 wide down the sidewalk while staring at their phones looking for these stupid Pokemon. I nearly hit one of the morons with my car one day. Just walked right out in front of me from between two cars parked on the side of the road because there was a Pokemon across the street somewhere. I scared the living daylights out of the twit with my horn. I installed these new horns specifically for those that decide to pull out in front of me causing me to nearly hit them. (See below) Best $200 I spent. I installed them just under the hood in a vacant area next to my engine and ran the air line to the back hatch of my Jeep. It is as loud as a train horn. I call them the Heart Attack Horns.
41rEoUkjanL.jpg

Anyway, hopefully this stupid trend will die off quickly.

Sonconato

Well fine. I hope they don't expect me to dive out of their way then. I am going to keep walking straight and refuse to move when these idiots stare at their phones and drift right toward me when I walk through the park. I hope their phones get knocked out of their hands and break. I've already done this to a few people downtown while walking. They refuse to look up and they walk 5 wide down the sidewalk while staring at their phones looking for these stupid Pokemon. I nearly hit one of the morons with my car one day. Just walked right out in front of me from between two cars parked on the side of the road because there was a Pokemon across the street somewhere. I scared the living daylights out of the twit with my horn. I installed these new horns specifically for those that decide to pull out in front of me causing me to nearly hit them. (See below) Best $200 I spent. I installed them just under the hood in a vacant area next to my engine and ran the air line to the back hatch of my Jeep. It is as loud as a train horn. I call them the Heart Attack Horns.
View attachment 152890

We go the Parks often and my son said he saw some people doing the Pokemon Go last night there. We could benefit from one of those in the Park…will it fit in a backpack?:D

Mouse Trap

View attachment 152890

Can't tell if you're serious or not? If yes, you really need to calm down.

I've been to the WDW-area and parks multiple times since the release of Pokemon Go and have had zero problems with anyone playing the game. It's really a non-issue at the parks. Sounds like you're just looking to cause trouble with people playing the game.

G00fyDad

Original Poster

I am serious and I don''t have to calm down since I am not riled up. However, thank you for either your concern or desire to parent others. ;)

I've been to the WDW-area and parks multiple times since the release of Pokemon Go and have had zero problems with anyone playing the game. It's really a non-issue at the parks.

THAT is the only answer you needed to give.

Sounds like you're just looking to cause trouble with people playing the game.

You sound like a Pokemon Go player.

I'm not trying to start anything with anyone. Simply stating a fact. I have seen this garbage extend to the limits of insane so far and I refuse to bend over backward looking out for others who play this game without any regard to others around them. Google Pokemon Go mobs.

JIMINYCR

Wont be long until Disney plays catch up with this trend and come up with a Mickey & Friends Go for their guests to wander the parks and property in search of characters. All the other guest games have been popular.

Stitch_Fan_NJ

image.jpeg
Still think it's a stupid trend? Chill out you sound like one of those old grumpy people that hate change or people having fun. Only bone I'll throw you is that there are some "kids" that get to immersed in the game and don't respect people's space or remain aware of their suuroundings

*I'm not the poster of the status pictured above*

Last edited:

Larry Mondello

I've been to the WDW-area and parks multiple times since the release of Pokemon Go and have had zero problems with anyone playing the game. It's really a non-issue at the parks. Sounds like you're just looking to cause trouble with people playing the game.

I've had zero problems with selfie sticks to. It seems that some people make it their personnel vendetta to to scream and rail and try to abolish anything they don't like.

Larry Mondello

I am serious and I don''t have to calm down since I am not riled up. However, thank you for either your concern or desire to parent others. ;)

THAT is the only answer you needed to give.

You sound like a Pokemon Go player.

I'm not trying to start anything with anyone. Simply stating a fact. I have seen this garbage extend to the limits of insane so far and I refuse to bend over backward looking out for others who play this game without any regard to others around them. Google Pokemon Go mobs.

This video bothers you, then you better stay away for Walt Disney World because there are much more people than that walking around and queuing up than what is shown in that video.

Stitch_Fan_NJ

This video bothers you, then you better stay away for Walt Disney World because there are much more people than that walking around and queuing up than what is shown in that video.
Was that video he used suppose to prove a point? I don't see it as anymore of a disturbance than large rowdy tour groups

I mean, I'm biased because I love Pokemon and use the app, but I've not really had any negative experiences with it. If anything, I've been going out more than ever and being more social with people. It's always fun going to a park or a cafe and seeing people with the same interests and chatting people up. I've met a lot of nice people and had fun with it.

I've seen a few people posting from Disney so far, with a lot of the rides themselves being landmarks in the game (fun fact: Frozen Ever After is marked as the Maelstrom Waterfall, lol). Like I said, I personally haven't witnessed any issues firsthand, but to each their own n all that.

I just hope kids who use it at the park will get to make new friends while on vacation to add that much more fun to it (under their parents guidance of course)! :)

UKDisney Dave

I'm guessing the fad for Pokemon Go will be over the first days of fall.....who wants to walk round outside with their phone out in the cold rain looking for pokeys? Or Mons? (Have I got those terms right? I'm not down with the kids anymore!).

G00fyDad

Original Poster

Way to go missing the point. Do you really think I'm that sheltered? I love people like you on these forms. You take your point of view and apply it to other people's comments and if it doesn't match up then that other person must be a sensitive little individual or they truly just don't understand the world that they live in. I understand there's far more people than that at Disney World. I'm not stupid, but thanks for implying that it. You know absolutely good and well what I'm talking about. And if you can't make your point without resorting to childish comments like that then please just don't even reply.

G00fyDad

Original Poster
I mean, I'm biased because I love Pokemon and use the app, but I've not really had any negative experiences with it. If anything, I've been going out more than ever and being more social with people. It's always fun going to a park or a cafe and seeing people with the same interests and chatting people up. I've met a lot of nice people and had fun with it.

I've seen a few people posting from Disney so far, with a lot of the rides themselves being landmarks in the game (fun fact: Frozen Ever After is marked as the Maelstrom Waterfall, lol). Like I said, I personally haven't witnessed any issues firsthand, but to each their own n all that.

I just hope kids who use it at the park will get to make new friends while on vacation to add that much more fun to it (under their parents guidance of course)! :)

Thank you. This is exactly the type of answer I was looking for. People to tell me "Yes it's happening at Disney World" or "No it's not happening at Disney World" and that it's not that intrusive. Having people get all butt hurt because of my original comment shouldn't really shocked me as it's just par for course with some of the people here. Again thank you for your pleasant comment. :)

G00fyDad

Original Poster
I'm guessing the fad for Pokemon Go will be over the first days of fall.....who wants to walk round outside with their phone out in the cold rain looking for pokeys? Or Mons? (Have I got those terms right? I'm not down with the kids anymore!).

They'll just resort to driving around in cars looking for them. Talk about dangerous. Some kid over in Louisville near me slammed into a cop car hunting Pokemon while driving.

G00fyDad

Original Poster
What exactly was the point you're trying to make?

With the video? The point I was trying to make was that is a massive throng of people looking down at their phones running across the street. Yes I'm aware there large crowds in Disney World. But I have yet to see a large crowd at Disney World grouped together so large looking down her phones running across the walkways like a herd of cattle does barreling into anything they want to without regard for anybody around them. That's the point I'm trying to make. Not that "Oh my God! There's a lot of people at Disney World!!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom