Pokemon Go at the Disney Parks

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I haven't bought a Pokemon cartridge game since Ruby/Sapphire. I was right at the right generation (middle school) for R/B/Y and G/S/C. Those were THE games for me and by the time I was in high school and R/S/E came out, I felt the game was becoming too spread-sheet-y (if that makes sense). I've followed the new Pokemon and the games and the regions and the mechanics, but haven't played the games in forever. The pinnacle of the series, to me, was G/S/C, but I accept Gen III Pokemon into the family. All the future 'mons are too Johnny-Come-Lately...

THEN ALONG COMES A SPIDER

I have been reliving the nostalgia of the original 151 in Pokemon Go, and remembering some of my favorites, and yeah it's bad y'all. I am even waiting for the Bluetooth-enable peripheral thing that will be out soon. And now I am even considering both buying a 3DS and Sun/Moon when it comes out in November... ugh. Apparently, the Pokemon bug never died, just went dormant for a while....

8f37d95d5add553774c4192502890cac8ddad1864e965da5809f7ab2306ef372.jpg
I've played the originals as well. They're not nearly as good as the games that came after. The remakes are fine, but the originals should only be played for nostalgia purposes.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
I've played the originals as well. They're not nearly as good as the games that came after. The remakes are fine, but the originals should only be played for nostalgia purposes.
Tbh, I like to play the remakes in place of the originals for nostalgia purposes. It's like everything you loved about the originals but with a more updated look. I actually find myself playing Heart Gold and Soul Silver quite often.

BAChicagoGal

I loved all the games. I played all the different series over the years, but I agree about Gold, Silver and Crystal. I remember how many times I played through the games, so I could get Master Balls, and catch the legendary dogs. Recently, I downloaded the original Red, Blue, and Yellow, and they are still challenging. Maybe even moreso, since you really have to train, and level up your Pokemon. What is fun for me, is playing with a different combination of 6 Pokemon each time. There's more than one way to beat the Elite 4. I fondly remember a Raichu I had named Rick that I leveled up from a Pikachu. Sadly, those cartridges are not repayable anymore, and I still have them. I had two complete Pokedexes in Gold and Silver. My grandson and I used to battle a lot against each other My Level 100 Raichu never beat his Level 100 Mewtwo, but my Rick was leveled up from a Pikachu, and his Mewtwo was caught at a very high level. I got many wonderful hours worth of enjoyment playing these games, and my grandson bonded "big time" over playing them. We definitely had different battling/training styles. He teases me to this day about evolving my Pikachu to a Raichu. Waste of time, he always says. Ash never evolved his Pikachu.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I used to play the Pokemon card game with my students at summer camp in the late 90s and the only game I played and never finished was the Yellow one where you could start with Picachu. I'm really enjoying playing the game with my kids and introducing them to the original 150. They have been watching the newer seasons and have no clue who most of the Pokemon are but they are loving it.

We found a Book Weedle in the library today -

13680533_10154215564311145_7563221671788508450_n.jpg

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
The one day i cant make it to epcot... Let us know how it goes!

It wasn't too busy. Got lots of Magickarp but nothing really crazy. Had lots of fun though.
Where we REALLY got good catches was at a park called Kissimmee Lakeside Park. We are actually scheduling time to go back to that park on our way home when we visit again for Labor Day weekend. It was that good!

Smurfer

I never got involved with the game, but to each there own. I just don't see how good it is in WDW as it would be a distraction to me. I was at WDW earlier this month and did see both kids and adults playing and some were very distracted by the game and not paying attention to the surroundings. With the crowds at the Parks I don't think that is good at all. What if an adult or older kids wasn't paying attention while playing Pokemon Go and knocked into a little kid and to the ground they went hitting their head. Not good at all. I am at WDW to experience the rides and Restaurants, Shows, and Parades not to chase after computerized images of Pokemon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom