Pokemon Go at Disneyland

Rich T

Ive been wondering if anyone has been playing at DLR. What are the most common pokemon that pop up there?

Ive been running into a lot of water types here(WDW). Psyduck, Magikarp, Slobro, Golbats, and ofcourse Rattatas and Pidgeys galore. And then then ocasional uncommon-rare ones will pop up at super random times.
That's pretty much the lineup in my coastal town here in the west. Uncommons and evolved appearances happen to me about twice a day -- Kadabra showed up in my house last night. I almost yelled out. :D Can't wait to try this at the resort.

disneyKaiju

That's pretty much the lineup in my coastal town here in the west. Uncommons and evolved appearances happen to me about twice a day -- Kadabra showed up in my house last night. I almost yelled out. :D Can't wait to try this at the resort.
Lucky! I never, I mean NEVER get pokemon popping up in thr house! I would have yelled too. Funny I grabbed an "Abra" at Ikea yesterday haha

Someone told me weather and terrain play a part in what shows ups also.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Pokemon-go-disneyland-22.jpg

Rich T

My one real wish for the next game update is the ability to take additional AR photos of the creatures you've got stored in your collection. Right now you can only take the photos as you're trying to capture the Pokemon. There's a trick involving putting the game to sleep while you find a better/funnier location for the photo, but it's kind of a drag that once you've captured them, you can only view them on their 'dex vital statistics screen (or on a Gym you've taken over...which I will very likely never accomplish) :D

Rich T

Just a thought... The game was delayed a bit in Japan due to server concerns 'cause of a release time media leak, but it's going to hit Japan soon if not already...

Can you IMAGINE how big this is going to be in Tokyo Disneyland?

disneyKaiju

I was in NYC earlier this week and Rockefeller Center Plaza was swarming with Pokemon. I'd catch one and 20 seconds later a new one would pop up. Sometimes there'd be as many as 3 on the map. I probably caught 25 while having lunch at Bouchon Bakery.

At Magic Kingdom I can catch 25 pokemon walking from Splash Mountain to SDMT without trying. And if there is a parade or fireworks the pokemon pop up non stop. Its crazy!

Curious Constance

I was in NYC earlier this week and Rockefeller Center Plaza was swarming with Pokemon. I'd catch one and 20 seconds later a new one would pop up. Sometimes there'd be as many as 3 on the map. I probably caught 25 while having lunch at Bouchon Bakery.
Hans, you've caught Pokemon fever? Lol Evan doesn't have a phone, so he plays it on my phone.

Curious Constance

I'm not saying there isn't ever a reason to dislike anything and not want to participate in it personally because it's not your cup of tea, but when people take the dislike to hatred and start despising the people who do like it, I think it says a lot about the haters. I'm not saying that's you or anyone here specifically, but the level some people take their dislike of a movie or game or something else relatively trivial and start associating that dislike to anyone who does like it, it's a bit odd to me.

I have no problem seeing how someone wouldn't want to play Pokemon Go. But hating it and not being able to tolerate others who do like playing it? I don't know about that.

My son has never wanted to take so many walks before Pokemon Go, so that's one positive thing I think we can all get behind. It's encouraging people to get out and move. Not a lot of video games can say that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom