POFQ more than CS-weird

danpam1024

Original Poster
Fl resident MMY summer offer is out. pricing a mod with tickets and DDP. It really surprised me that POFQ was MORE than CS (when I've priced in the past it was the opposite). Not by much $115, but still- has my hidden gem been uncovered :(

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Fl resident MMY summer offer is out. pricing a mod with tickets and DDP. It really surprised me that POFQ was MORE than CS (when I've priced in the past it was the opposite). Not by much $115, but still- has my hidden gem been uncovered :(
Pretty much. Rooms and more importantly discounts are being adjusted based on booking rates. A more popular resort will fetch a higher price.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
well, since this trip I HAVE to be WAY more budget conscience then I have been in the past, I guess I will look at it from a different perspective- I get to experience a new resort :)
CS is a great resort, one of my favorites in fact. He has a couple more cons than POFQ from a logistical standpoint, but I love the architecture and landscaping of CS.

RonAnnArbor

The secret it out -- POFQ is now THE HARDEST moderate resort to book -- those of us who have been staying there forever know that bookings are now up -- and for the past year or so, it has been more expensive to stay at POFQ than Riverside or any of the other moderates...Much of the year it is fully booked, even at peak times.
I have mixed feelings -- I love POFQ, but one of the reasons I liked it was that it was always mostly adults and never filled with families with three strollers...that has changed.

Tinkerbella16

The secret it out -- POFQ is now THE HARDEST moderate resort to book -- those of us who have been staying there forever know that bookings are now up -- and for the past year or so, it has been more expensive to stay at POFQ than Riverside or any of the other moderates...Much of the year it is fully booked, even at peak times.
I have mixed feelings -- I love POFQ, but one of the reasons I liked it was that it was always mostly adults and never filled with families with three strollers...that has changed.

I completely agree. POFQ has been my favorite for its small size and peaceful atmosphere. It WAS a hidden gem in WDW. I chose POR this year to try the Royal Rooms, and because down the road when fall discounts come out, I am more likely to get a better discount at Riverside than POFQ.

danpam1024

Original Poster
Do you think with the increase in popularity they will re-open Bon Families? Or any TS restaurant for that matter.

lovepooh

I love FQ personally we have since moving to moderates we have always choosen FQ minus once at the CBR, then we found the FQ and we love it! We have always traveled with our kids. I have always seen plenty of kids their also. I love the small resort feel, I can get to the bus stop, and boat dock in just few minutes its awesome!:D
we will be there in 4 days with our boys

RonAnnArbor

Luv, I know exactly what you mean -- same here -- as to the TS, no I don't think there will be any TS returning to POFQ -- its been booked solid for the past two years and there hasn't been any call for a TS there -- and they advertise Boatwrights at Neighboring POR as the table service restaurant -- there is even a boat that goes there from POFQ...there won't be any TS restaurant returning to POFQ

danpam1024

Original Poster
I just got an INCREDIBLE deal at Uni-RP that I'd be stupid to pass up. We already have passes (I'd have to purchase Disney passes) and since it's just me and DH, we decided to go there. Plus the Express Pass just seals the deal- the parks are CRAZY in the summer. Disney for Christmastime with the boy :)

dreamfinder

It just falls in line with the discounts of late. Used to be advertised as X% off value, Y% off moderate, and z% off deluxe. Now its a% off these 2 values, savannah room at AKL, b% off AoA room class, 2 mods, other value, c% off other mod, some deluxe classes, d% off other deluxe and dvc villas. Or some other completely chaotic listing. And by continuing to increase prices across the board, they then need to do these random discounts to fill the less popular resorts. Which might explain why some people were floating a rumor that they were going to eliminate value/mod/deluxe, and group them more by location (MK, Epcot, etc), but then price them all differently based on demand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom