POFQ first timer. Likes? Dislikes?

Johnguelff

Original Poster
Life time Disney guy. September will be my first trip with out my parents and im 31. Haha. Getting married while there. I've stayed at the deluxe resorts and Caribbean beach my whole life. Staying at the French Quarter for the first time ever. Anyone have any opinions on it? Good moderate? The pictures look romantic. Lol

pug

Life time Disney guy. September will be my first trip with out my parents and im 31. Haha. Getting married while there. I've stayed at the deluxe resorts and Caribbean beach my whole life. Staying at the French Quarter for the first time ever. Anyone have any opinions on it? Good moderate? The pictures look romantic. Lol
The rooms are nice but the king bed room I was staying in had a bad mattress so I got a new one put in after I had said something to the front desk about it. Buses are shared with PORS during the off periods so they pick up at POFQ and then go over to PORS and pick up and they drop off at PORS first.

Johnguelff

Original Poster
Gotcha. Yeah I rode enough busses in may at the cbr to last a lifetime time. (so many stops at that hotel!) 100$ for the rental car all week is a amazing investment.... I hope!

Johnguelff

Original Poster
Thank you very much! She has only been to Disney once as a kid and I somehow convinced her! Lol. I hope it works out magically.

epcotisbest

Great pool:

image.jpeg

wdwfan4ver

It is wonderful hotel that went to a lot of times. It Doesn't have table service, but is a fine hotel. There is something you need to know. The Food Court at the French Quarter is going to be under refurbishment from July 11th to sometime this fall. There is going to be an An alternative dining experience will be available adjacent to the lobby and Scat Cat’s Lounge.

Here is the link: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2016/06/port-orleans-resort-food-court-closing.html#more

To let you know also that currently that there is 2 members of Off Kilter that plays at the Scat Cats Club on certain nights. Jason Thomas and Billy Varnes of the group Off Kilter let people know a month a time on what days that are going to play there. I can't guarantee if they are going to play when you are there. You can get the information off twitter or from the website www.portorleans.org near the end of each month.

You may want to book the Horse and Carriage rides Riverside offers. The Carriage at night does travel from Port Orleans Riverside to the French Quarter. You are allowed to bring wine glasses and wine on the carriage ride.

HRHPrincessAriel

Honestly, there is nothing I don't like About POFQ. We always come back here and will probably be the only moderate we ever stay at. I love how "small" it feels. It never feels crowded. I've been pleased with the transportation during spring break and summer.

Hunter H

Stayed there all last week. Really liked it. Room was nice. I wish they had more pools. Try the m&m ice cream sandwich in the food court as a snack. So good!

wdwfan4ver

amazing info wdwfan, much appreciated!!!!! Carriage ride sounds perfect
There is some information about Carriage ride you need to know that I forget to mention.

You need to do an Advance Reservation on it if you want to do with. You have to pay by credit card to do on it. Departures are every 30 Minutes from 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. The Location of horse and Carriage is at the Riverside marina dockside (Just behind the lobby building)

When the Carriage ride ends, you will be dropped off at Riverside. The Carriage ride also depends on the weather.

JIMINYCR

Weve stayed at POFQ many times. We like the fact that its quieter, there hasnt been the massive amounts of unruly kids there as much as other resorts. Its more adultish. The food court at PORS is larger and has some better meal choices. Its only a brief walk up the path behind the buildings and you can eat in or take out with you back to your rooms. The boat ride to DS is very relaxing and enjoyable especially in the evenings. There is entertainment on certain evenings at both resorts so check them both out. The only dislike I really have with POFQ has been that it has only 1 small hot tub and that makes relaxing at the end of a long day difficult if its full. The bus service has gotten better and the drivers do quite often take you directly to the parks instead of routing through PORS. Go to www.portorleans.org/ for lots of updated info and photos of both resorts.

Belle_MTL

Congrats on the marriage (and on convincing your fiancé to tie the knot at Disney)!
We stayed at POFQ once 4 years ago. My husband and I always stay at FW but my in-laws were treating us to the vacation so they decided to split it between the two resorts. I can honestly say that I don't have one bad thing to say about POFQ! We went as a big family vacation but I can easily see it working as a romantic destination as well. We had absolutely no issues with the buses (we were there at the beginning of May). One thing that stood out was how soundproof the rooms are. My brother-in-law was in the room next to us with their 3 small children and we did not hear a peep from them. They even apologized for the bath time noise one morning and we laughed because we honestly didn't hear anything. They also never heard any of our son's melt downs (he was 1 at the time).
Have a great trip and wedding!!

(so many stops at that hotel!) 100$ for the rental car all week is a amazing investment.... I hope![/QUOTE]
Yuck! Not having to drive, park, wait for a tram to be dropped yards from the bus stop is one of the greatest luxuries of staying on -site. With all that, if you park hop you have to go through all that in reverse and move the car, do all that again or go back to get your car by bus anyhow. Your only adding about 8 mins. to 10 mins or so riding the loop at PORS. Far less time than the hassle of parking.
Because of its central location POFQ has the best and shortest rides. Spend that $100.00 at Trader Sam's and enjoy your free designated driver. Woo hoo! DME is great too. Ask for the most recently renovated room in your category above the first floor. POFQ is our favorite resort in our budget and the sunset boat ride to Disney Springs for dinner is as romantic as you get. The spa tub is in its own wrought iron fenced garden and great if you luck out you may happen to get it to yourselves. I could go on for pages but I don't remember bad details so you'll only get a rose colored glasses review from me. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Barcoco

I stayed at POFQ in April and loved the compactness of the resort. Everything is an easy walk away (we were in one of the furthest away buildings).
The bus transport was really good when we were there and it was low season. I think we only shared a bus with Riverside once and we got dropped off first. Very convenient for Magic Kingdom/Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom