PO French Quarter or Animal Kdm Lodge??

luv

Hi everyone!

I am deciding between POFQ, AKL and WL. It will be my first time in WDW!

I am only looking to stay in the basic rooms due to budget (so no savannah view at AKL). There's a $50 variance between POFQ, AKL and WL (POFQ cheapest, WL most expensive) based on the rates and discounts I've been able to get.

I will be driving there, so distance is not so much a concern, I guess the experience is more important. Not sure how much time we will actually be at the hotels, since we are trying to pack all 4 parks into two days!!

Also, it is just me and my girlfriend, and we're both mid 20s.

Can anyone help me weigh up pros/cons? I've read so much but haven't been able to decide! They're all good!
I've debated this kind of thing myself...especially "view at the mod, no view at the deluxe"...that's a hard one!! More than once, i chose the mod with a pretty view over the deluxe that risked a parking lot view.

If views aren't an issue and you guys aren't in debt...spend a few extra bucks on the AKL or WL! Go for it!

WellFedDave

I don't know if there's a correct answer here; they're both a cut above some of the other resorts in their categories. With AKL you have superior theming, restaurants, and pools. With POFQ you have a smaller and more quaint layout, superior bus and transportation service, and location. It's truly a toss up. I will say this, from certain areas of the world, AKL does seem a little farther (i.e. Magic Kingdom), but we're talking an extra 5 minutes.

LucyK

Oh, this is a hard one. I LOVE POFQ but give me a chance to stay at AKL I'd jump to it in a heartbeat, AKL is beautiful and so well themed.

If money isn't a objection, I'd go with AKL.

Goofnut1980

We are DVC - AKLV and while I love this resort. When we take a weekend trip we stay at POFQ. I love both of these resorts. POFQ (well Dixie Landings) was the first resort I stayed at growing up, so it holds that special Disney memory for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom