PLEASE stop the bumping of ancient threads

Chape19714

Agreed...I know it's a free country and you can all do whatever you want...but this is a forum about NEW NEWS AND RUMORS...not News and Rumors that are already built or proven wrong.

Pongo

THANK YOU for making this thread. Steve, could you Sticky it or something please?

It's been really annoying. I don't understand why it's been so rampant today, but it's not cool.

wdwishes2005

Original Poster
Exactly. We should keep this board clear. Maybe we need a memorable thread board full of the ancient dead threads that at one point were exciting/funny.

Tim G

There are a whole lot of new ones... That's the reason... and they're reading everything... but I know what you mean.

wdwishes2005

Original Poster
Pongo said:
THANK YOU for making this thread. Steve, could you Sticky it or something please?

It's been really annoying. I don't understand why it's been so rampant today, but it's not cool.
A sticky nomination!?! Wow, I never thought one of my threads could be sticky worthy. :D

CaliSurfer182

I believe the statement should read, "please stop bumping old threads unless new important information for said thread is provided". I only say this because then the new complaint would be that every newbie was creating the same thread. Things need to be done in moderation not absolution.

Sulley

I know I don't post much but...

How many times do you guys come down on people for not using the search function? So now that people are using it to find topics they want to chime in on, you're going to come down on them too?

Can't make 'em all happy I guess :rolleyes:

-SULLEY

Pongo

Sulley said:

How many times do you guys come down on people for not using the search function? So now that people are using it to find topics they want to chime in on, you're going to come down on them too?

-SULLEY

Searching is a different story. I'm sure that about 1% of the ancient threads that have been bumped lately were bumped not because the user was using the search function, but because they were looking at old threads and decided to make a witty comment on a subject that died years ago.

In the case of a four-year-old thread, DON'T bump the ancient one. Create a new one because the times are different, opinions are different, users are different, EVERYTHING is different.

These people are just bumping for the heck of it.

At least that's what I'm getting from it.

LilDucky

Sulley said:

-SULLEY
Problem is, some of the people bumping these threads have been here for a while.... not newer members. They should know better :wave:

dizneycrazy09

yeah I wish it would stop. I don't post much, but I read almost every thread, and it's just been recently that this has been happening. Personally I'd rather a new thread about something old then an old thread with new information. At least it's something different to read, and it's not from when I was 12.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I got an idea. How about we get Steve to put a column or some other notation next to the title of the thread stating when the thread began.

That way you could see when the thread was started not just the last reply.

Sledge

Account Suspended
Pongo said:
Searching is a different story. I'm sure that about 1% of the ancient threads that have been bumped lately were bumped not because the user was using the search function, but because they were looking at old threads and decided to make a witty comment on a subject that died years ago.

In the case of a four-year-old thread, DON'T bump the ancient one. Create a new one because the times are different, opinions are different, users are different, EVERYTHING is different.

These people are just bumping for the heck of it.

At least that's what I'm getting from it.
Said almost word for word what I was going to say.

Pongo

unkadug said:
I got an idea. How about we get Steve to put a column or some other notation next to the title of the thread stating when the thread began.

That way you could see when the thread was started not just the last reply.

I was actually thinking the same thing...

goofyfan13

Sulley said:

-SULLEY

True, but have you seen the new threads that have been bumped in the past week? People are not bumping them because there is new news, they bring them back with a post that doesn't contribute to that thread at all.:brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom