Please Review My September Itinerary

Patrick G.

My wife and two kids (boy and girl, 11 and 10) will be making our fourth trip to WDW this Sept 4-11. We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge. The following is the itinerary I have planned so far (dining reservations included), but I'm looking for any obvious flaws or potential improvements. I'm still trying to get over the fact that Splash Mountain closes for refurb the week before we arrive, so any positive that comes out of this post will be a welcome anticipation booster!

• Monday - Fly in and arrive at Wilderness Lodge around 8:30 pm. 9 pm dinner @ Whispering Canyon Cafe.
  • Tuesday - Arrive Epcot at opening time, and then leave in time for 8 pm dinner @ T-REX at Disney Springs (because we have seen Illuminations three times).
  • Wednesday - 8:05 am breakfast at Cindy's Royal Table, MK all day, Be Our Guest dinner @ 6:45 pm, stay for Happily Ever After.
  • Thursday - Sleep in, swim, head to MK @ 3:30 pm for MNSSHP including 6 pm dinner @ Crystal Palace.
  • Friday - Arrive Animal Kingdom mid-morning, considering Tusker House Rivers of Light dining package, but hearing mixed reviews of Rivers of Light, so still not sure what I want to do with this evening.
  • Saturday - Arrive Hollywood Studios at opening time, 6:25 pm dinner @ Mama Melrose's, Fantasmic!
    • Open to other nighttime option though since we have seen Fantasmic! three times as well.
  • Sunday - Arrive at MK early morning and stay all day, 8 pm dinner @ Planet Hollywood Observatory at Disney Springs.
  • Monday - Depart at 11 am.

Thanks in advance!

MotherofaPrincessLover

I'm also sad about Splash Mountain being down for our trip. As far as Rivers of Light, I decided I want to experience it for myself. I went ahead and booked a dining package. I'd rather see it and hate it than regret not seeing it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

littleroo

Have you been to MNSSHP? If so keep your dinner reservation that night but if not cancel it. There is so much to do and see!! It will be easier grabbing a bite to eat on the fly!!

I am sorry SM is closed for your trip!! I hope you have a great trip!!

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell397

Your plans look great! We just returned from our vacation 2 weeks ago and we experienced the dinner package at Tiffin's and preferred seating at River of Lights. Tiffin's was incredible.....food and service. My recommendation is that you arrive at River of Lights about an hour early and sit up a bit to the stadium seating. If you sit closer to the water and someone sits in front of you, your view might be blocked. Also, they will squeeze you in...you know the Disney routine.....go all the way to the end of the row. But the way....The slow was wonderful!
My other thought is your dinner reservation at Whispering Canyons.....and this is only my opinion so take it for what it is worth. I know that some people love it there and the kids enjoy the "ketchup" antics and the pony rides. We took our grandchildren there to give mom and dad a night to themselves. We were staying at BLT and the kids enjoyed the boat ride to WL. But the food that Whispering Canyons was so disappointing. They were very attentive to my grandson's allergies and so very friendly .....but the food.......I must say it was horrible. I ordered meatloaf and I could not even eat it...it was like molded mush. My husband ordered ribs and they were barely cooked. The kids and a hamburger and mac and cheese. I guess they were OK. Sorry to those who love this place but it was the worse meal I ever had in Disney. I love the WL but I will never go back to Whispering Canyons. Maybe it was a bad night and maybe some can give you another opinion. You will love Cinderella's Royal Table and Be Our Guest. Have a Magical Trip!

Upvote 0

Roknrollrghostr

We are going to be there the same time as well. We are also doing MNSSHP on Thursday, have you been before? It's my favorite time to be at MK!

On your Hollywood Studios night, consider the Star Wars fireworks as an alternate to Fantasmic. We did this on one of our previous trips and thought it was a very enjoyable close to our night there.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Your plans look great! We just returned from our vacation 2 weeks ago and we experienced the dinner package at Tiffin's and preferred seating at River of Lights. Tiffin's was incredible.....food and service. My recommendation is that you arrive at River of Lights about an hour early and sit up a bit to the stadium seating. If you sit closer to the water and someone sits in front of you, your view might be blocked. Also, they will squeeze you in...you know the Disney routine.....go all the way to the end of the row. But the way....The slow was wonderful!
My other thought is your dinner reservation at Whispering Canyons.....and this is only my opinion so take it for what it is worth. I know that some people love it there and the kids enjoy the "ketchup" antics and the pony rides. We took our grandchildren there to give mom and dad a night to themselves. We were staying at BLT and the kids enjoyed the boat ride to WL. But the food that Whispering Canyons was so disappointing. They were very attentive to my grandson's allergies and so very friendly .....but the food.......I must say it was horrible. I ordered meatloaf and I could not even eat it...it was like molded mush. My husband ordered ribs and they were barely cooked. The kids and a hamburger and mac and cheese. I guess they were OK. Sorry to those who love this place but it was the worse meal I ever had in Disney. I love the WL but I will never go back to Whispering Canyons. Maybe it was a bad night and maybe some can give you another opinion. You will love Cinderella's Royal Table and Be Our Guest. Have a Magical Trip!
Thank you for the heads up about WCC. I'm going to be in Disney for my birthday and that's where my reservation is. Seriously reconsidering it now.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom