Please help, I think I have messed things up

AndrewsJ

Original Poster
Hi all. I thought I was pretty good with MDE I've been using it since the rollout but just now when trying to link with friends who I will be meeting at WDW it now says I control their accounts. They have not even accepted the requests yet. They will be there for a week and I just for a few days. We have two completely seperate reservations and I just wanted to add them as friends. I don't want to control their accounts. Where did I go wrong? Will it all straighten out when they accept. One is a 5 year old and I certainly don't think her parents want me controlling her account or theirs. Please help @Rob562 @sxeensweet

Rob562

Hi all. I thought I was pretty good with MDE I've been using it since the rollout but just now when trying to link with friends who I will be meeting at WDW it now says I control their accounts. They have not even accepted the requests yet. They will be there for a week and I just for a few days. We have two completely seperate reservations and I just wanted to add them as friends. I don't want to control their accounts. Where did I go wrong? Will it all straighten out when they accept. One is a 5 year old and I certainly don't think her parents want me controlling her account or theirs. Please help @Rob562 @sxeensweet

I was going to say everything was OK until you got to the 5 year old part...

First off, even if you're linking to a friend that has their own MDE account, when you first add them they will appear in your profile as "managed by you" but also "invitation pending" (or something like that). It's just a placeholder, though you can start linking hotel and dining reservations to them immediately. Once they accept your friend request, it'll change to "So-and-so has their own Disney account", and any reservations linked to their name already will move over to their own account.

Now where it gets tricky is with children or other "managed by someone" profiles. What you want to do is to delete any listing of the child under your account. Then wait for the parent (or whoever is the person who manages that profile) to accept your friend request. Finally, use the "add friends from a list of people I may know" (or whatever it's actually called) to link to the child under the parent's account. The parent will get the friend request and can then accept it.

This is why I always suggest that everyone sets up profiles first. Any and all adults should create their own profiles. Children should have profiles set up and controlled by one of their parents. (The other parent can then link to the child through the method I outlined to you) That keeps you from accidentally creating multiple copies of the same person that often requires a phone call to the MDE Help Desk to sort out.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom