Play Stay Dine Watch 2018

vicbomb5

Hey everyone,
Figured I would start a thread for a Play, Stay, Dine 2018 promotion watch - it should be coming at some point over the next few weeks!

I have our trip booked for 2/3 - 2/12, hoping for a nice discount like I got last year.

We can use this thread to share info / rumors as they come out!

-Vic

Vic23

Room discount is usually better for those staying at deluxe resorts and Play, Stay & Dine discount is better for Value. Moderates is a mixed bag. So check both kinds of discounts for where you want to stay and see which is cheaper.
That is not exactly true. If your kids are 5, 2, and 1, the 2 and the 1 year old will eat for free at the buffets, the character ones included. E.g. Crystal Palace. For like Beasts's Castle, yes you'll be buying them meals, but what my wife and I did was just have them share something. You may still find the play, stay, dine to be a bit cheaper. The 5 year old will get a snack allottment and quick service meals he/she can likely share with the little ones. E.g. use snacks for breakfast to get a side of scrambled eggs or bacon, muffin or bagel. Lots of ways to work it!

Upvote 0

Nemo14

That is not exactly true. If your kids are 5, 2, and 1, the 2 and the 1 year old will eat for free at the buffets, the character ones included. E.g. Crystal Palace. For like Beasts's Castle, yes you'll be buying them meals, but what my wife and I did was just have them share something. You may still find the play, stay, dine to be a bit cheaper. The 5 year old will get a snack allottment and quick service meals he/she can likely share with the little ones. E.g. use snacks for breakfast to get a side of scrambled eggs or bacon, muffin or bagel. Lots of ways to work it!

He said the kids would be 2 and a half and 1 - no 5 year old.

Upvote 0

loleec

This will possibly be my first trip going with children (ages 2.5 and 1 at time of travel). From everything I am reading, it is probably a better route for me to do a room discount than Play, Stay and Dine, correct? My kids are pretty big eaters for their age, and seeing how the dining plan wouldn't apply to them, we will end up having to buy them a meal regardless. TYIA for the help!

Another thing to consider is where you eat. Some of the counter service restaurants have very generous servings (like Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom). You may therefore have plenty of food to share with your kids.

Also, many counter service restaurants will let you "buy" side dishes with snack credits. Check out what snack credits can get you by looking at the Disney Food Blog site.

Upvote 0

Colleen Black

This will possibly be my first trip going with children (ages 2.5 and 1 at time of travel). From everything I am reading, it is probably a better route for me to do a room discount than Play, Stay and Dine, correct? My kids are pretty big eaters for their age, and seeing how the dining plan wouldn't apply to them, we will end up having to buy them a meal regardless. TYIA for the help!

If they are big eaters, I would get the dining plan. Especially is you are doing character meals it would be totally worth it!

Upvote 0
QUESTION! Can the Stay Play Dine for visa members be booked online like regular discounts or do you need to call to book it? (we don't use a travel agent) we have never gone in January so I want to make sure I get the best deal I can!

Upvote 0
QUESTION! Can the Stay Play Dine for visa members be booked online like regular discounts or do you need to call to book it? (we don't use a travel agent) we have never gone in January so I want to make sure I get the best deal I can!

Upvote 0

Vic23

You need to call to book it. Once it goes to general public you can do it online on your own. That's how it was last year anyways.

Upvote 0

Vic23

Usually, it's 7 a.m. that they go live, so not likely to be today - it would've been live already. Also FYI tomorrow the booking system is going through maintenance starting at 3 a.m., so if it goes live tomorrow it is going to be a headache to book / take advantage of.

Upvote 0

amy743

I already knew the answer but I called anyway to inquire if the discount was out yet. The rep said "no, not yet..." but there was a bit of a wink in her voice. Fingers crossed!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom