1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Play Stay Dine Watch 2018

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Planning' started by vicbomb5, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Vic23

Vic23 Member

I would not say they are as scarce as free dining, I've never had an issue getting the discount. Even as our trip got closer last year availability with teh discount opened up in Coronado Springs and a few other moderate resorts as well.

At the very minimum you will end up with a nicer room at what you are paying now more likely than not. Just be ready the day it goes live to get the call in or keep watching after as room changes always create more availability.

I would think with Toy Story opening in the summer, there will be people waiting for that to go to WDW, so I'm hoping it works in all of our favor.

2. Kristamouse

Kristamouse Well-Known Member

Can you do stay play and dine with an AP?

3. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

Not unless you purchase tickets. That's the "play" part of the package and existing APs do not qualify.

Panda WDW likes this.
  4. thunderinstead

thunderinstead New Member

So in the past it runs for the first few days in March, about until March 6 or 7. If my vacation starts on March 5, does the deal work for the entire length of stay?

Also, is it more wise to book now and call for an adjustment, or just book when the plan is available?

5. DisneyMann

DisneyMann New Member

We were supposed to be 9/6-9/13 and changed due to the hurricane as well but our new dates are 1/24-1/31.

6. WDW_Firefighter

WDW_Firefighter Active Member

As long as you check in on a date that is included in the offer, it will be good for your entire stay.

thunderinstead likes this.
  7. ElleJay1119

ElleJay1119 Member

Did they work out any deals for you? If we take the exact same trip and move it to next year it will be about $1500 more. It just makes me sick.

8. DisneyMann

DisneyMann New Member

Virtually nothing changed for us so nothing has to be worked out. The only difference is no discount applied yet but will be once the January 2018 discounts are out.

9. Cmoore12282

Cmoore12282 Member

We are also looking at visiting in January for the first time after canceling due to the hurricane. Can someone explain the play, stay dine? We have always gone in September and free dining is pretty easy to figure out. PSD seems vague so not sure what the actual discount is.

ElleJay1119 likes this.
  10. Cetta

Cetta Member

I would love an explanation as well of the play, stay, dine discount....Like on average how much do you save?

11. Panda WDW

Panda WDW Well-Known Member

12. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

mitchk likes this.
  13. Vic23

Vic23 Member

14. MySmallWorldof4

MySmallWorldof4 Well-Known Member

How is the weather that time of year generally?

15. zjer

zjer Active Member

Varies. Last year was awesome - mid to upper 70's with a couple days in the lower 80's. Shorts during the day and swimming in the evening. Two years before that it was bone chilling cold and we wore winter coats all day. Fun either way.

MySmallWorldof4 likes this.
  16. ecwentworth

ecwentworth New Member

I'm new to this blog as well as being a Chase Visa Card holder. Could you explain a little to me what a Chase Visa code is and how does it work? My family is going to Disney World the 3rd week in February. We've booked already with a TA. What are the discounts that a code gives?

Thank you!

17. Vic23

Vic23 Member

There really is no "Code" it is a discount you can apply if you are a Chase Disney Visa cardholder. Your TA would have to apply the discount on your behalf. look in prior posts on what the Play Stay Dine discount is specifically.

18. MeeskaMooska0714

MeeskaMooska0714 Active Member

This will possibly be my first trip going with children (ages 2.5 and 1 at time of travel). From everything I am reading, it is probably a better route for me to do a room discount than Play, Stay and Dine, correct? My kids are pretty big eaters for their age, and seeing how the dining plan wouldn't apply to them, we will end up having to buy them a meal regardless. TYIA for the help!

TDGMedley likes this.
  19. prfctlyximprct

prfctlyximprct Well-Known Member

Do they include Presidents' Day weekend in this usually?

mitchk likes this.
  20. loleec

loleec New Member

Room discount is usually better for those staying at deluxe resorts and Play, Stay & Dine discount is better for Value. Moderates is a mixed bag. So check both kinds of discounts for where you want to stay and see which is cheaper.