Planning Memories Wedding From UK PLEASE HELP !!!!

joanne holden

Original Poster
Hi there
I am travelling out to wdw with my small family in oct 14. We have booked to stay at Disneys Old Key West Resort for 21 nights, we decided we wanted to have a magical wedding whilst we are out there. As there are only 5 people travelling we have chosen the memories collection. I have a few questions and I hope someone will be able to help me.

Firstly there is a choice of 3 venues but only 2 are suitable for us. We like look of conch key at Grand Floridian but other option is Fort Wilderness on the balcony.....what are peoples thoughts/experiences of these locations?

Secondly we want to do a magic kingdom portrait session but i have had a look at this and get very mixed reviews from different sites....i understand that you go in the park early before it opens but is it really worth the money as some people have said you cant get close to the castle as its blocked off and photos tend to be taken from a distance. again what are your experiences of these portrait sessions

Lastly there is no set evening reception in the package which is fine as there is only 5 of us and we do have dining plan booked.....can anyone recommend a really nice restaurant I could reserve for a family evening meal on the night of our wedding? I was thinking cinderellas royal table or be our guest if i can get them but again thoughts and advise would be appreciated

Thanks so much in advance
Jo

PeoplemoverTTA

I don't know much about memories weddings (I'm having a Swan & Dolphin wedding in July), but I have done a ton of research (I was considering an Escape wedding first) and have read very mixed reviews of Magic Kingdom photo shoots. One lady I recently read about was devastated by her pictures - there were only a few and they didn't turn out great (I think it's like $1600 too). You can hire your own outside photographer and get monorail shots, even shots with the castle in the background - all from the monorail resorts. And it is WAY cheaper (my wedding photography includes 4 hours and a DVD with all images for $600!).

As for a restaurant, Kouzzina is a popular choice, as is Shula's in the Dolphin. You could do any of the Grand Floridian restaurants, or Ohana is also a popular choice in the Polynesian.

Good luck and congratulations!

flipadeeflop

I don't know much about memories weddings (I'm having a Swan & Dolphin wedding in July), but I have done a ton of research (I was considering an Escape wedding first) and have read very mixed reviews of Magic Kingdom photo shoots. One lady I recently read about was devastated by her pictures - there were only a few and they didn't turn out great (I think it's like $1600 too). You can hire your own outside photographer and get monorail shots, even shots with the castle in the background - all from the monorail resorts. And it is WAY cheaper (my wedding photography includes 4 hours and a DVD with all images for $600!).

As for a restaurant, Kouzzina is a popular choice, as is Shula's in the Dolphin. You could do any of the Grand Floridian restaurants, or Ohana is also a popular choice in the Polynesian.

Good luck and congratulations!
Hello! I just came across this post (even though it's old!) and was wondering who you hired for your wedding photography! That's exactly what we were looking for as far as length of time, getting a CD, and price!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom