Planning for 2014 questions!

stevehousse

We leave for the world in 4 days! We are already looking to plan out 2014 stay! Crazy, right??? We are planning to stay on property for the first time in several years! Hopefully looking forward to AOA! Neways I have a few questions!

What is the best park to visit on a Saturday? We will be going again during the second week of May. Early may crowds are usually light, but we have never been to any of the parks on a Saturday, and would like to know which do u think is the best option? Should this be animal kingdom or DHS or our second day at MK?

Next, we are planning on doing the dining plan for the first time for this next trip! We will be staying for 8 days and 7 nights. Do we get dining plan credits for all 8 days? Was thinking of booking the Luhau (sp??) at Poly???

Also, and dining suggestions for us? We have been to many of the restaurants and are looking to try a few new places!

stevehousse

Original Poster
Yes I have heard great things about Boma, we tried Sanaa in 2012, and we do like to eat at new and exotic places, but we did not like te food there! Everything tasted very bitter? What does Boma have to offer? And would u suggest breakfast or dinner?

Upvote 0

stevehousse

Original Poster
Right now for ADRs we are thinking about

Garden grill
Ohana breakfast and dinner
Be our guest
Boma
Hollywood and vine breakfast - I know this place gets a bad rap, but our little one love Disney Jr.
Polynesian louai sp???

We will be there for 8 days planning on 5 or 6 park days???

Upvote 0
Yes I have heard great things about Boma, we tried Sanaa in 2012, and we do like to eat at new and exotic places, but we did not like te food there! Everything tasted very bitter? What does Boma have to offer? And would u suggest breakfast or dinner?
I have never been to Sanaa. I would like to try it though, I'm sorry you didn't like it. :( Boma is a buffet that has "an african flavor" to it. There are many different foods to try but you can also get your basic stuff. I would suggest dinner, I'll be having dinner there for the 3rd time this Saturday. It's very relaxing and easy going, a great thing to go to after the parks. :)

Upvote 0

luv

The day of the week doesn't matter that much. Not sure if you're staying at AoA this time or next time. If you're in a WDW hotel and plan to use the EMHs, good for you. Otherwise, avoid the EMH park. Using a good plan will be way more important that whether you are in the "right" park for the day. :)

Dining plans are based on the nights of your stay, so you'll get 7 nights' worth of credits.

I don't know where you've eaten, so it's hard to recommend a new place. Most people have not tried Restaurant Marrakesh in Epcot's Morocco pavilion and it is my favorite place for dinner. People seem to really like Sanaa at AKL villas, but I haven't been there (not that adventurous!). If you aren't driving, I don't think any hotel meal is worth the time and trouble of using the transportation systems to reach.

I like the Garden Grill. When they're serving the fresh green beans (rare these days), I LOVE the Garden Grill. its a popular place. Try to ride Living With the Land before you eat there, so you know what you're seeing. :) Be Our Guest - it's new, everyone must try it. Ohana has become quite popular - I was never a fan. Also not a fan of Boma, but it was once the be-all, end-all, difficult to get a reservation, you MUST go there and eat Zebra Domes or you won't be able to die in peace, fan favorite.

Poly Luau is not a great show, but the dancing parts aren't all bad and the fire dancers are very cool. I don't care for that kind of food, but I've gone with other people who do and they were less than impressed.

Hope that helps (some). :)

Upvote 0

stevehousse

Original Poster
this trip we are again staying in a vacation home. We will have my little sister and my mother in law with us on the trip. The last 3 visits to WDW we haven't stayed on property, and next year we plan to. It will just be me, the wife and the 2 boys in 2014.

We love ohana breakfast, and go every trip, we have never had dinner there and want to try it.

So seven nights of sit down dinners. We were also thinking on arrival day to just go to DTD and eat at TRex. We have never been but always hear of fun experiences here so we want to go. So right now we are at the following plan;

Arrival day Sunday
DTD
TRex dinner

Monday
Epcot
Need quick service lunch?
Garden grill dinner

Tuesday
Animal kingdom
Ohana breakfast
Yak and yeti quick service
Ohana dinner

Wednesday
Pool day/ offsite Orlando visit. Prolly stop at universal city walk as we love to go there!( I have been to both uni parks, but are waiting to go again until our boys are a little older)
Quick service breakfast at resort

Thursday
Magic Kingdom
Be Our Guest dinner

Friday
Hollywood Studios
Hollywood and Vine breakfast

Saturday
Magic Kingdom day 2

Looking for an ADR for this last day??? Maybe lunch somehwere along the monorail loop? I have heard grand Floridian cafe is good, and we have never been to kona cafe at Poly! If you couldn't tell we do love our fix of poly and is the wdw resort we like to visit the most even though we can't afford to stay there!!! :( some day...

Upvote 0

ImagineerDude

Too early or crazy? Heck no! I've been planning my May 2014 trip since I was twelve and I'll be 15 this Saturday. ;) I suggest BoG because your ADR will have no effect on mine because I'll be going on the first week of May :p Star Wars weekends are crazy at DHS, it may start the weekend after your Saturday or weekend or whatever but I'd still avoid it and go to AK instead. Rainforest Café! Ohh and Chef Mickey's! Beaches and Cream is one of my favorites and you don't need an ADR! :D

Upvote 0

StarWarsGirl

I would not venture into DHS or MK on a Saturday. Either Epcot of AK would be best. AK for some reason is less crowded on the weekends and more crowded during the week.

I did not like the Luau. It was fake (duh), the show was rather stupid, the food was awful (well, I couldn't eat any of it, pineapple allergy, but the rest of my group didn't like it either), but the dancing was good. Some eye candy for the ladies.;) The rest of my group said it was a waste of money and we wouldn't be doing it again any time soon.

Favorites for dining:
BOG
Les Chefs de France
Teppan Edo
Prime Time Cafe
Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
Le Cellier (requires 2 entitlements)
Cape May (Beach Club Resort)
Kona (good alternative if you want Hawaiian food, definitely better than Luau food, Polynesian) Some people like Ohana, but Kona has a more expanded menu since it's not family style. It's very good for breakfast as well
The Wave (Contemporary)
ESPN Club (Boardwalk) If you like sports. Food is really good and it's a cheaper option.
Kouzzina's at Boardwalk for breakfast
La Hacienda

DON'T!:eek:
Biergarten
Askershaus

Upvote 0

StarWarsGirl

Monday
Epcot
Need quick service lunch?
Garden grill dinner

Looking for an ADR for this last day??? Maybe lunch somehwere along the monorail loop? I have heard grand Floridian cafe is good, and we have never been to kona cafe at Poly! If you couldn't tell we do love our fix of poly and is the wdw resort we like to visit the most even though we can't afford to stay there!!! :( some day...
Kona probably has the most that your kids will eat. And it's fairly easy to get an ADR. Grand Floridian Cafe is also good.

As far as quick service goes, any of the countries minus American Adventure will do. Whatever sounds good. Also the Food Court at the Land is very very good. All the food is fresh. It's slightly more expensive than your average QS, but it's well worth it, especially if you're like me and after a few days your body says, "Please put something that is not fried in me and that is fresh and healthy."

Upvote 0

stevehousse

Original Poster
I would never dine at Germany or akershus! They both sound awful and I don't care for either of those countries offerings!

I do love maelstrom though!

I was also thinking of looking more into that pirate boat tour at night that's at the contemporary for boys. I don't know te exact name but it sounds like a lot of fun! My boys love pirates! The ride and Peter Pan and jake!

Upvote 0

Disvillain63

MK is really crowded on Saturdays because of the locals; AK is less crowded on the weekend than the others.

We love the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue. Our other favorite restaurants...Cinderella's Royal Table, 1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace, Biergarten, Via Napoli, Mama Melrose, 50's Prime Time Cafe.

Quick Service: Columbia Harbor House, Cosmic Ray's, Pecos Bill, Sunshine Seasons, Sommerfest, Fairfax Fare, Backlot Express, Restaurantosaurus

Upvote 0

stevehousse

Original Poster
We are doing 2 days at magic kingdom for our trip and was wondering if I were to get a 730am reso for Ohana breakfast, would I e able to make it over to magic kingdom for rope drop? I'd assume we would have to leave the restaurant by 840 to make it in time for the 9am park opening show they usually have! Is this possible to do?

Upvote 0

bow0303

We're heading back to the world in 2014 and cannot wait. In regards to the restaurant question, a few of our favorites were Boatwrights @ POR , Captains Grill @ YC and Chef Mickey's @ CR as well as Ohana for dinner. Your kids should enjoy Trex. We did that arrival day 2 years ago and really liked it. Preferred the dessert (Volcano) at Rain Forest Café but entrees @ Trex. Hope whatever decision you make turns out well.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom