1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Planning AK and MK day trip

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Planning' started by wxnerdz, Mar 20, 2017.

1. wxnerdz

wxnerdz New Member

Hello everyone! Looking for a little advice for our trip to WDW on Thursday, April 20. We've been to Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios several times but we want to hit up Animal Kingdom this time around. We will have a one-day park hopper pass.

Below is the list of rides we DEFINITELY want to ride during the span of our one day.

I'm trying to figure out which park to start at and how to use our fast passes. Any advice would be appreciated!

Magic Kingdom
    Seven dwarfs mine train
    Space Mountain
    Big thunder mountain railroad
    Splash mountain

Animal Kingdom
    Dinosaur
    Expedition Everest
    Kali river rapids
    Safari (maybe)

Hollywood Studios
    Rock N roller Coaster (probably will save this for last if we have time and use single rider line)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  2. mousehockey37

mousehockey37 Well-Known Member

There aren't enough hours in the day for all this.

Also, your MK rides are all the same tier. You'll only get 1 FP. Keep that in mind as you plan your day.

3. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

MK does not have tiers. Although it is unlikely the OP can get a FP for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train for April 21 (most get snatched at 60 days out.)

Zipitidoda likes this.
  4. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

@wxnerdz, start your day at rope drop at AK. Ride Everest first, then Dinosaur, Kali and Safari (if you want).

If Rock N Rollercoaster is the only attraction you want to do at Hollywood Studios, go there next and ride single rider.

Make your fastpasses for MK mid-afternoon. Since MK has the most attractions, you have a good chance of getting additional fastpasses after you use your first three.

The key to your plan is to start early and drive yourselves (or Uber) to the parks. You will lose a lot of time relying on Disney transport.

5. Zipitidoda

Zipitidoda Well-Known Member

Welcome to the boards! As a new member I want to let you know that if anyone knows how to navigate the parks it's @Tuvalu . If you want to get the most out of your to do list I would do as she says. :D

6. JohnD

JohnD Well-Known Member

Maybe he meant since there are no tiers they're all on the same tier. (Twisted logic, I know).

7. wxnerdz

wxnerdz New Member Original Poster

This is incorrect. When I booked the FP today I was able to get one for Dwarfs, Splash and Big Thunder with no problem.

@Tuvalu thank you very much for the feedback. Your plan will work perfectly for us!

Tuvalu likes this.
  8. Rob562

Rob562 Well-Known Member

I second (third?) @Tuvalu 's itinerary suggestion. It's actually really close to what I gave to friends who are going later this week and wanted to do a single AK/MK day while they were passing through Orlando.

I also agree with the suggestion of using your own vehicle and not relying on Disney transportation.

That being said, you might want to at least look into the new express transportation option.
    http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportat...cing-express-transportation-ticket-option.htm

If you end your AK visit at the Safari, it picks up right there. It would also deliver you to the Studios right next to RnRC for a quick ride or two. Then hop back on and it drops you into MK next to Buzz, easy to get right to Space Mtn.
    Might be worth the $19 per person to skip two trips through security.

-Rob

Tuvalu and wxnerdz like this.
  9. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

Congrats on great FPs! I hope you have a wonderful time :)

wxnerdz likes this.