Planet Hollywood Closing?

Daniel Johnson

Original Poster
We were at DTD tonight and I over heard a CM telling a guest Planet Hollywood would be closing permanently soon...any truth to that? My wife has never been inside. I might take her if it is, though I never recall the food being anything spectacular.
I searched to find an answer, but, alas, never found one...thanks.

Daniel Johnson

Original Poster
I used to go every trip, my dad was a movie buff. It was always PH one night and Hard Rock Cafe another. I'm a huge music fan. HRC always kept my attention, but my wife would enjoy PH.

PhotoDave219

We were at DTD tonight and I over heard a CM telling a guest Planet Hollywood would be closing permanently soon...any truth to that? My wife has never been inside. I might take her if it is, though I never recall the food being anything spectacular.
I searched to find an answer, but, alas, never found one...thanks.

Yes, thats correct. It was announced as part of the Disney Springs expansion awhile ago.

Ive ate there once and found the food to be somewhere around awful to inedible.

Adam Santos

I only ate there once and that was a very long time ago the food there is not that enjoyable the all the Props and clothing Actor's wore in Movies and Merchandise was the only good thing about it but other than I aint gonna miss it a bit..it's seen it's glory days but it's time for PLH to go..

champdisney

I recently ate at Planet Hollywood for the first time last month. I actually enjoy my meal and loved the cinematic atmosphere. So in a way it sucks I suppose.

Also, is there any indication that the Planet Hollywood side shops (DHS) are also on the way out? Wouldn't make much sense to leave the shops if there isn't a restaurant at the resort to anchor them.

John

I am surprised that no one has mentioned it....although Dave touched on it. Planet Hollywood is closing and they are going to re-theme the restaurant. The Observatory....or something along that line. It was mentioned somewhere around here. I am sure someone will find it.

TP2000

I've been in Planet Hollywood like, once. :p

I think I've been in there twice. Both times when Bill Clinton was in his first Presidential term. It wasn't good. (I'm talking about the restaurant.)

Honestly, it's an embarrassment that this type of cheesy, faux themed restaurant still exists in the 2010's. And people still eat there and think their microwaved carb platters are actually worth American money? That's baffling.

ImagineerDude

We went inside for the first time and we left before we even got our drinks. It was that bad....

And even if there are all these closure posts that just means there are better things coming in the future (hopefully)

Lee

Adventurer
Hey, hey...I like Planet Hollywood. Really.

But, yeah...unless plans have changed, prepare for The Observatory.
image.jpg

Last edited:

lunchbox1175

Lol....I posted about this a few months back, I wish I could remember the thread, but was shot down by the so called "experts" stating that turning it into The Observatory was not on the plans anywhere.

dreamfinder

As a chain, it's been closing locations for a while now. I think they are down to 8 restaurants worldwide. However in this case, we know it is due for an external retheme, but I don't think it is known if the actual restaurant will be changing or not.

Lee

Adventurer
Lol....I posted about this a few months back, I wish I could remember the thread, but was shot down by the so called "experts" stating that turning it into The Observatory was not on the plans anywhere.
Clearly, it's still on the plans. At least the ones that focus on that area.
And thanks for reminding me of the name.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom