Places to stay near wdw/ universal

Kierstinn

Original Poster
hi everyone!
I am going to wdw dec 20-29th. We are driving from PA. So we are leaving a little early and want to stay at a hotel near universal or wdw. We are going to take a day and go to universal on the 19th. Does anyone have recommendations? All of the hotels I have looked up have gotten terrible reviews. Please help!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
hi everyone!
I am going to wdw dec 20-29th. We are driving from PA. So we are leaving a little early and want to stay at a hotel near universal or wdw. We are going to take a day and go to universal on the 19th. Does anyone have recommendations? All of the hotels I have looked up have gotten terrible reviews. Please help!!

You might want to look at two sections on WDW Magic Forums: They are the WDW Offsite Hotels forum, and also the Universal Orlando forum. Perhaps if you placed your inquiry on those two forums, you might receive answers from people familiar with the local hotels, outside of both WDW and Universal. There are many places to stay (I haven't stayed offsite in years, so I can't recommend any at this point). I'm sure that someone on those forums could better assist you.

Goofyernmost

I agree with Minnie. There are literally hundreds of accommodations between Universal (mostly on Universal Drive) or on Rte 192 in Kissimmee (near or around WDW's World Drive Main Gate) and others within a few miles of those. It really depends on your budget or needs. I have found that all 3 star places have been quite nice and most of the 2 star ones as well. Many are themed, many are not, but, if you are like myself, I only use the place to sleep and store my clothes. I have never seen one without a pool and they are usually very close to restaurants. Start with the site that Minnie mentioned and if you are brave... venture out to the listings of all the hotels in the area.

Kierstinn

Original Poster
I agree with Minnie. There are literally hundreds of accommodations between Universal (mostly on Universal Drive) or on Rte 192 in Kissimmee (near or around WDW's World Drive Main Gate) and others within a few miles of those. It really depends on your budget or needs. I have found that all 3 star places have been quite nice and most of the 2 star ones as well. Many are themed, many are not, but, if you are like myself, I only use the place to sleep and store my clothes. I have never seen one without a pool and they are usually very close to restaurants. Start with the site that Minnie mentioned and if you are brave... venture out to the listings of all the hotels in the area.
Yes, we are just looking for a place to sleep basically those two days because we will be on Disney property from the 20-29th. I had main gate lakeside resort booked but when I looked further into the hotel on trip advisor it said it was filthy. Just need something decent and close to universal for our day trip there! Thank you :)

Goofyernmost

Yes, we are just looking for a place to sleep basically those two days because we will be on Disney property from the 20-29th. I had main gate lakeside resort booked but when I looked further into the hotel on trip advisor it said it was filthy. Just need something decent and close to universal for our day trip there! Thank you :)
I am more familiar with the ones closer to WDW then Universal, so I probably would be of little help. I have learned that from years of experience that many of those "advisors" are often full of it. The competition is fierce around WDW. There are thousands of rooms that they need to fill, it would be a situation that is few and far between to find a "Filthy" place. Some are newer then other, but, I have yet to find a really dirty room anywhere in the area. Going with the chains, in this case, is usually pretty safe, but, there are also many really nice locally owned places as well.

Kierstinn

Original Poster
I am more familiar with the ones closer to WDW then Universal, so I probably would be of little help. I have learned that from years of experience that many of those "advisors" are often full of it. The competition is fierce around WDW. There are thousands of rooms that they need to fill, it would be a situation that is few and far between to find a "Filthy" place. Some are newer then other, but, I have yet to find a really dirty room anywhere in the area. Going with the chains, in this case, is usually pretty safe, but, there are also many really nice locally owned places as well.

I took that into consideration I just wanted to get a few other options just in case. Thank you :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom