Places for large parties to eat?

DisneyDayDreamer

I am planning a trip for a party of 19 and they are starting to ask what would be the best places for them to eat. They mentioned Hoop Dee Doo and Beirgarden.

Since the party will be on the dining plan what do you suggest for breakfast? Also, the two previously listed places can be changed out!

nickys

Premium Member
What ages? Characters or not? Parks or resorts? The more info you can give us, the more we can help :)

Pretty sure you would need to phone, or book for smaller groups.

Upvote 0

Allym146

Via napoli, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Grand Floridian Cafe. I'm trying to think of restaurants that are more roomy. That's a big group. Are you trying to have everyone all seated together for all meals or just a couple meals all together and then people are on their own for the rest?

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

We did O'hana for breakfast with 11 and they did great. Its family style so you don't have to worry about individual orders coming out at odd times and being cold. Another vote for WCC for dinner (that was another group meal together). We did Be Our Guest but had to be at 2 separate tables. Mama Melrose's also did a good job with a bigger group but it took a little longer for the food.

Upvote 0

Minnie Mum

Sorry I forgot to say it's 19 adults and yes they would like to sit together as much as possible.
BTDT, only it was for 15. I'd just like to say that I think it's a mistake to stay glued at the hip for your whole trip. Good luck getting a consensus on dining preferences. And how do you handle the members who want to sleep in late some mornings, or don't want to go to a specific park one day? There have been many discussions about this on this forum and others. It seems like the most successful ones are those that are more loosely planned, and with only one meal per day planned in advance for the group. The other meals were CS so that people could join or not. We did this and it worked well. Otherwise it would have been like herding cats and I would have either been a wreck or up on charges by the end of the week. JMO.

Upvote 0

DisneyDayDreamer

Original Poster
BTDT, only it was for 15. I'd just like to say that I think it's a mistake to stay glued at the hip for your whole trip. Good luck getting a consensus on dining preferences. And how do you handle the members who want to sleep in late some mornings, or don't want to go to a specific park one day? There have been many discussions about this on this forum and others. It seems like the most successful ones are those that are more loosely planned, and with only one meal per day planned in advance for the group. The other meals were CS so that people could join or not. We did this and it worked well. Otherwise it would have been like herding cats and I would have either been a wreck or up on charges by the end of the week. JMO.

I would normally say that would be the case but it's for a hen and stag party so I'm pretty sure they want everyone to kinda stick together. They only want to go to Epcot. The Bride to Be and Groom are ultimately making the call on this stuff. I am just giving them ideas.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Call the dining reservations line and ask to speak with Group Dining. They should be able to help you out with a party that size.

You can also try to google "wdw group dining adr". One of the first hits should be a site that has a list of what they claim is the largest reservation each restaurant can accommodate. But working with Group Dining will be their best bet.

Upvote 0

KCheatle

I just did reservations for my group of 14. I tried to do it online, but it was such a hassle that I ended up just calling and working with a cast member over the phone. They wanted to eat at Le Cellier, and I was able to get all of us in. But, we are split into 4 tables, and our reservations are all 5 minutes apart because they cannot do a large group at one table there. At the character buffets I was able to get one table for all 14. I was also able to do that at Whispering Canyon. Having accomplished ADRs, I'm now on to figuing out how in the world to handle out FP+!

Upvote 0

sublimesting

I am planning a trip for a party of 19 and they are starting to ask what would be the best places for them to eat. They mentioned Hoop Dee Doo and Beirgarden.

Since the party will be on the dining plan what do you suggest for breakfast? Also, the two previously listed places can be changed out!
Ha I immediately thought of Hoop Dee Doo and Biergarten! I'd also recommend Mickey's Backyard Barbecue. For breakfast perhaps Crystal Palace

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom