Pizza Delivery flyers in your resort room

cosmicray

Has this turned into the pizza-tasting thread? If so, I'd just like to mention that I'm partial to Papa John's.

*runs away*

tribbleorlfl

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned/covered, but doesn't Disney have it's own pizza delivery service? I know I used the AS Sports pizza service on my last trip (well, actually we ordered it, and then waited in the food court for it, but they did deliver), and I also recall when we stayed at Dixie Landings many years ago, we utilised their pizza service, which also delivered.

So, does each resort have it's own delivery service?
I can't speak definitively (as I've seen conflicting information online), but while every resort (even Fort Wilderness) has pizza available in the foodcourts/restaurants, I believe only the values and "select" moderates have actual delivery (since they don't have room service).

Flight Safety

This is getting more and more common unfortunately. My wife and I were just married at the world and during our honeymoon stay, someone scared the crap out of us by literally launching a "flyer" through the door crack. It came flying into the room and startled us both! Not only was this inappropriate for any reputable establishment, but it was late in the evening and we were in bed. I immediately called the front desk and reported it to them. The girl who answered didn't sound surprised and gave me a half baked apology and kept telling me "they're not supposed to do that".

Had I been dressed, I would have chased the person down...

DisneyGentleman

Not only was this inappropriate for any reputable establishment, but it was late in the evening and we were in bed.

Had I been dressed, I would have chased the person down...
Unfortunately, reputation of the establishment has nothing to do with stuff coming under the door. Most every hotel puts your bill under the door at night

And as discussed above, chasing the person down is akin to a road rage incident and is not a strategy for a successful vacation.

wdwjmp239

Not all of these pizza delivery places that drop off flyers are bad news. Sometimes, you have to do your research first by reading reviews on Yelp or TripAdvisor. :)

zbsigpi

In Florida there is a law that prohibits passing out hand bills without written consent of the property owner (It was written because of this problem of pizza flyers) The problem is the person sliding the menus under the door has to be caught. Hotels take this very seriously, but short of locking down the hotel it is very difficult to manage the issue.

pug

I can't believe that surveillance cameras don't catch these guys if it is such a well-known problem.

When staying at a hotel and ordering in I'm always on Yelp instead of trusting flyers or even menus the front desk gives out. Just because I'm staying in doesn't mean I don't want good food!
Yelp

pug

Has anybody viewed scanning your room key to access the elevator an inconvenience? I have always felt that was a nice added touch when staying at resorts that require that, a small sense of added security. If Disney can add RFID to the soda fountains........

Disney may not address it because it is a small amount of people that fall for it, but I believe they do care. I would think that anything that takes away from the 'Magic' of a Disney vacation concerns them for repeat business.
They need to have the stuff to do that and with old elevators they can't someone times :(

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Unfortunately, reputation of the establishment has nothing to do with stuff coming under the door. Most every hotel puts your bill under the door at night

And as discussed above, chasing the person down is akin to a road rage incident and is not a strategy for a successful vacation.

It is however a way to become a statistic when the perp sticks you with a knife or shoots you. Most of those people are not upstanding citizens and many cases are doing it to get money for their next fix.

CentralFLlife

I haven't had franchised UNOs, but Giordanos is the McDonald's of Chicago pizza.
Perfect description. If you want real Chicago pizza and you aren't in Chicago, order one online from Lou's and wait a few days when your frozen one arrives and cook it, that'll be as close as you get.

CentralFLlife

Thank you and having lived in the Chicagoland area for almost 50 years, I've been around great pizza all my life. Not just the deep dish pizza the tourists think Chicago only has, there's some great thin crust pizza's as well. We have great local places that make their own sausage and sauce, plus their crust too. I feel sad for the misguided that go into these terrible chains like Papa John's, Little Caesars and Pizza Hut, etc, and think that it's quality pizza. I once watched a worker take a pizza off the moving oven rack at Pizza Hut and before he cut it, spray it all over with a big aerosol can. I asked the person at the check out counter what it was and she told me it's garlic oil flavoring spray. No thanks, I don't need artificial flavored crap sprayed on my pizza to make it taste better.
Chicago thin is incredibly under appreciated. If more people knew about it, it would probably take over the pizza world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom