Pizza Delivery flyers in your resort room

Polydweller

I can't believe that surveillance cameras don't catch these guys if it is such a well-known problem.
As a hotelier I can say that we catch them on surveillance frequently. The thing is the distributors are rarely the scammers. They are usually just little guys hired to put flyers under doors by the scammer. Distributing a flyer is by itself not a crime in most places. So when you catch them the best the police can hope for is that they will point the way to the scammer who us actually the one doing the crime but usually the little guys don't know much other than some guy offered them a few bucks to put the flyers under doors.
Had one slipped under my door. I opened the door to find a man dressed in a hat and sunglasses carrying a Disney merchandise bag. I said, "What you're doing is illegal and he better leave because he's been reported." He played dumb but left pretty quickly.
As I say above, simply distributing the flyers isn't a crime in itself and the guy you accused probably knew nothing other than he was paid a few bucks to do this job. You probably scared him but you took a risk that you shouldn't have. You never know when a stranger, especially a frightened one, will attack. Better to report the flyer to the hotel and let them deal with it.

Mr. Moderate

I'm always sort of amazed when this comes up at how many people find it hard to believe that there are actually local pizza places. It seems like to a good many in the world pizza starts and ends with the big chains like Pizza Hut, Dominos and Papa John's. It makes me sad that so many are stuck in a world of gross pizza. :(

Thank you and having lived in the Chicagoland area for almost 50 years, I've been around great pizza all my life. Not just the deep dish pizza the tourists think Chicago only has, there's some great thin crust pizza's as well. We have great local places that make their own sausage and sauce, plus their crust too. I feel sad for the misguided that go into these terrible chains like Papa John's, Little Caesars and Pizza Hut, etc, and think that it's quality pizza. I once watched a worker take a pizza off the moving oven rack at Pizza Hut and before he cut it, spray it all over with a big aerosol can. I asked the person at the check out counter what it was and she told me it's garlic oil flavoring spray. No thanks, I don't need artificial flavored crap sprayed on my pizza to make it taste better.

CDavid

I feel sad for the misguided that go into these terrible chains like Papa John's, Little Caesars and Pizza Hut, etc, and think that it's quality pizza.

If I really want high quality pizza, I opt for Totino's out of the grocery frozen food aisle. Sure you have to cook it yourself, but there is simply no comparison to Papa John's or Pizza Hut..... :D

upload_2015-3-20_9-25-46.jpeg

NelsonRD

The phone number most likely goes to a burner phone. The only way the cops could catch these people would be if they were stupid enough meet the cops somewhere.
94.gif
49.gif

Really? I was hoping tracking the number would take us right to the thieves den.

Cosmic Commando

Man, I am craving a Pop or All Star Resorts pizza right about now. I love those!
Last time we were there (2011), we had TiW and that brought the Pop pizza down to like $11. It's not as good as our local places, but it was alright and it fed the whole family at a great price. It was too good of a deal, even at full price... Disney probably raised the price to $30 by now :(

konthego

As a hotelier I can say that we catch them on surveillance frequently. The thing is the distributors are rarely the scammers. They are usually just little guys hired to put flyers under doors by the scammer. Distributing a flyer is by itself not a crime in most places. So when you catch them the best the police can hope for is that they will point the way to the scammer who us actually the one doing the crime but usually the little guys don't know much other than some guy offered them a few bucks to put the flyers under doors.

As I say above, simply distributing the flyers isn't a crime in itself and the guy you accused probably knew nothing other than he was paid a few bucks to do this job. You probably scared him but you took a risk that you shouldn't have. You never know when a stranger, especially a frightened one, will attack. Better to report the flyer to the hotel and let them deal with it.

Much better explanation than the "hat and sunglasses" theory. Explains why its so tough to stop it.

The Mighty Tim

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned/covered, but doesn't Disney have it's own pizza delivery service? I know I used the AS Sports pizza service on my last trip (well, actually we ordered it, and then waited in the food court for it, but they did deliver), and I also recall when we stayed at Dixie Landings many years ago, we utilised their pizza service, which also delivered.

So, does each resort have it's own delivery service?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom