Pizza Delivery flyers in your resort room

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Hi All, I am sure our veterans know this one, but it has been showing up on other boards and news outlets so I thought it deserved mentioning again. If you find a pizza delivery flyer with a menu, and an offer to deliver your food to your resort under your door at your resort, do not use this business!!! In most cases, it is a scam to get your credit card information and access your account there. Others have reported identity theft in relation to this. For your own protection, do not order from any of these "restaurants" Legitimate business menus that will deliver to your resort can be gotten from the Front Desk. Just a heads up!! Marie

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Hi All, I am sure our veterans know this one, but it has been showing up on other boards and news outlets so I thought it deserved mentioning again. If you find a pizza delivery flyer with a menu, and an offer to deliver your food to your resort under your door at your resort, do not use this business!!! In most cases, it is a scam to get your credit card information and access your account there. Others have reported identity theft in relation to this. For your own protection, do not order from any of these "restaurants" Legitimate business menus that will deliver to your resort can be gotten from the Front Desk. Just a heads up!! Marie

I have heard of this happening in the past. Isn't there anything Disney can do to stop this?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have heard of this happening in the past. Isn't there anything Disney can do to stop this?
Aside from turning the resorts into high security buildings there is not much they can do.

It is my understanding the the CM sat the resorts are told to be on the lookout for people placing the flyers and report it to security and to pick up and dispose of any flyers they find.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
I believe there is a sign in your hotel room to the effect of not ordering food from a place that isn't known to you. Also I know they crack down on people distributing flyers, but I am not sure exactly what steps are taken. As far as the phone number, in most cases they are burner cells and those numbers on the flyers are changed often to avoid being caught. The case I had heard about most recently, the husband, rather than having the food delivered, went to go get it at the address and there was nothing there. As I said, more of a heads up for all visiting the World, so as not to get any nasty real world surprises while you are trying to enjoy the pixie dust!!! Marie

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I wonder what they say if you say your paying in cash? We ordered pizza and wings to be delivered to our room once (from a number we got at front desk) and the food was so horrible, it should be a crime for them to continue serving it to people. We found Uno Pizzeria last visit, its now a must-do on day one for us.

FigmentFan3

I got one of these at The Yacht Club a couple weeks ago. I was talking to a CM about it and they said they try their best to keep them out, but outside of locking the buildings there really isn't much they can do, other than push their own pizza options hoping people will just go with them.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I wonder what they say if you say your paying in cash? We ordered pizza and wings to be delivered to our room once (from a number we got at front desk) and the food was so horrible, it should be a crime for them to continue serving it to people. We found Uno Pizzeria last visit, its now a must-do on day one for us.
The typical MO is "We will be there in 30 minutes!" and then never show.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
I like Uno's and even better for me is Kobe Steakhouse which is right behind the Crossroads shopping center on Palm Parkway. Great Japanese hibachi stuff!! Thanks to @Master Yoda for the hookup on that one. However for people who don't have a car or aren't really familiar with the area and may be uncomfortable driving, they may think this is an OK option. I know that the last resort I was at, Coronado Springs did offer one couple a number of different menus from delivery options offsite all of who are OK to deal with, so they aren't against you ordering outside at all. Im sure Disney is doing what they can, but it isn't perfect. So we spread the word!!! Marie

Scuttle

This would be so easy to stop. You put security at the entrance and turn away any pizza coming from the flyer companies. Simple as that. You think the pizza company would keep paying people to Drop off flyers after they couldn't even serve the order?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
This would be so easy to stop. You put security at the entrance and turn away any pizza coming from the flyers. Simple as that. You think the pizza company would keep paying people to Drop off flyers after they couldn't even serve the order?
I don't think you read the first post. The issue is that these aren't actually pizza companies, but instead people trying to get your CC number to commit fraud. Stopping the non-existent pizza isn't the goal.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Exactly so Mich!!! If you want to order pizza to your room in Disney, the resort itself has no problem with that. As I have said, they will give you phone numbers for legitimate businesses in the area, they don't want you using the pizza places advertised on these flyers as they frequently aren't food delivery companies at all. Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom