Pixar - No More Sequels After 2019

Sped2424

I think when we get closer to 2019 those plans will change.
That would be when all the sequels have finished hitting theaters. Meaning the following films for at least the next 3/4 years would have to be originals. So I think at the earliest if no sequels are in the makings now that would mean no sequels till at least 2024

Daveeeeed

That would be when all the sequels have finished hitting theaters. Meaning the following films for at least the next 3/4 years would have to be originals. So I think at the earliest if no sequels are in the makings now that would mean no sequels till at least 2024
Expect at least one in that 'through period'.
Inside Out 2 is likely.

CJR

I think people will be surprised just how quickly a studio can move forward with a sequel. If they come up with a plot they like, the rest moves very quickly since the animation style and many of the characters/locations are already created. I'd even say, a sequel can move forward in less than half the time an original project would take (for the record, I prefer original work, if it's good, and Pixar usually is good).

You can bet there will be lots of Pixar sequels after 2019, they chose those words very carefully. Things can always get shuffled around and plans can change. If they announced an Inside Out sequel tomorrow, for example, there's absolutely no reason it couldn't be ready by 2020, if they wanted it that soon.

Daveeeeed

I think people will be surprised just how quickly a studio can move forward with a sequel. If they come up with a plot they like, the rest moves very quickly since the animation style and many of the characters/locations are already created. I'd even say, a sequel can move forward in less than half the time an original project would take (for the record, I prefer original work, if it's good, and Pixar usually is good).

You can bet there will be lots of Pixar sequels after 2019, they chose those words very carefully. Things can always get shuffled around and plans can change. If they announced an Inside Out sequel tomorrow, for example, there's absolutely no reason it couldn't be ready by 2020, if they wanted it that soon.
I'm more than fine with sequels if they have originals too. But it has to be good.

Matt_Black

Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it. After The Princess & The Frog, Lasseter said WDAS wouldn't adapt any more fairy tales. Then Tangled and Frozen were wildly successful, so Gigantic got put back in development.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom