Pixar Inside Out 2015

A1st

Original Poster
Hi Everyone,

So I was looking around for one but I couldn't find a thread about the upcoming Pixar movie Inside Out. I know that its still early on for one but little by little details are emerging about the movie. For example, the other day all of the emotions and cast for them were released

photo4.jpg~original

(From Disneyandmore) 'From Upcoming Pixar: "Amy Poehler voices Joy, the leader of the group; Lewis Black is Anger,Bill Hader is Fear, Mindy Kaling is Disgust, andPhyllis Smith is Sadness. They all work in tandem at a headquarters of sorts, watching Riley’s POV on a screen, adjusting her emotions, and storing her memories. Other areas of the mind, including Dream Production, Long-Term Memory, and Imaginationland, are connected to the headquarters by a literal Train of Thought."'

Thrill

Please stop. No more talking about this movie until 2015. If I hear another three words about this movie, my level of anticipation is going to go from "possibly Pixar's best yet" to "undoubtedly the greatest movie ever produced in the history of ever."

Pete Docter is rivaled only by Brad Bird in terms of directorial awesomeness at Pixar, and Arndt is one of the better writers they have, as I see it. I am setting the bar way high so that I will be disappointed after seeing it. This way, Inside Out 2 will be about my internal conflict while watching Inside Out. It will be so meta, and also about me, thus making it the best sequel Pixar will ever make.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Pixar is releasing character posters and interviews with the cast -

10155534_10152690521678961_8994963565815970955_n.jpg

The voice cast of Inside Out shared some thoughts with Mashable about their respective characters. Here's The Mindy Project star Mindy Kaling, who voiced Disgust:

mindy.kaling.emmys_.jpg

Why is Disgust always so, you know, disgusted?
Disgust is very protective of Riley. She has high expectations for everyone around her and isn’t very patient. Disgust is also very put-together because appearances matter to her.

Why do you think you were cast to play this emotion?
I think [director] Pete [Docter] was thinking, “Who is the prettiest, most judgmental Hollywood actress who also has green skin?” And then he thought instantly: “Mindy Kaling.”

When's the last time you, personally, felt disgust?
When I was typing these answers on my laptop and I noticed my keyboard is jammed with food crumbs, I thought, “Wow, I'm pretty disgusted with myself.”

You can see the motion video for Disgust here - http://mashable.com/2014/11/18/disney-pixar-inside-out-disgust/

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Inside-Out-10mech_IO_Sadness_5x8.jpg

Sadness, Phyllis Smith (The Office).

phyllis.smith_.jpg

What kind of character is Sadness? Besides being, you know, sad?
Well, my emotion Sadness is fun in a sad way. She is smart and always thinking ahead. Since many of her scenes are with Joy, I usually say Sadness is a ball and chain around Joy’s ankle, and a challenge to Joy.

I was told by the producer (Jonas Rivera) that he was watching Bad Teacher and saw me in the lunch scene and knew I was Sadness. He called [director] Pete Docter and said, “I think we found our Sadness.”

When's the last time you, personally, felt sadness?
On a frivolous level when the San Francisco Giants beat the St. Louis Cardinals in the playoffs and again when the Giants beat Kansas City Royals in the World Series. On a more heartfelt level, I just lost a dear friend who was 101 years old, but I was blessed by his friendship and knowledge for the past 35 years so that brought me joy.

Motion video of sadness - http://mashable.com/2014/11/17/disney-pixar-inside-out-sadness/

Mickey_777

Because I believe it's too soon to say Pixar has "lost a step", I'll end up seeing this in theaters. I'm not really excited about since I don't find the characters/emotions very appealing but I'll give it time and wait for better teasers to arrive. The look of the characters are interesting. Particularly the posters RandomPrincess put up. The grainy look of their skin tone is choice I'm sure they made for a reason. The color green for Disgust doesn't make too much sense though given as how green is a soothing color to the eye. That's why why road signage is green btw.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Because I believe it's too soon to say Pixar has "lost a step", I'll end up seeing this in theaters. I'm not really excited about since I don't find the characters/emotions very appealing but I'll give it time and wait for better teasers to arrive. The look of the characters are interesting. Particularly the posters RandomPrincess put up. The grainy look of their skin tone is choice I'm sure they made for a reason. The color green for Disgust doesn't make too much sense though given as how green is a soothing color to the eye. That's why why road signage is green btw.

Color wise you have red - anger, yellow - joy, blue - sadness all traditional expected color choices. If you are going with primary and secondary only that leaves purple, green and orange. So fear is purple and Disgust got green. I guess they were the best leftover colors.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
anger.inside.jpg

Lewis Black, who voiced Anger:

Lewis.Black_.Anger_.jpg

Lewis Black at the Beacon Theater in 2010.

Image: AP Photo/Charles Sykes/Associated Press

So what's the deal with Anger?
He's angry. He knows the group is well-meaning and they try hard, but they don't get how things should work as well as he does. So he has to stay on top of everything, and the only way he knows how to get their attention, keep it and make sure they get things done right, is by getting angry. He is comfortable with his anger. It makes him happy. But when pushed too far, the top of his head bursts into flames.

Do I really need to answer that question?

No, you really don't. So when's the last time you got angry?
When I looked at the front page of this morning’s newspaper. The same thing occurred yesterday morning. And it will again tomorrow. Unless something completely extraordinary happens, and that would no doubt irritate me, too. I’d be ticked off that it hadn't happened sooner.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Inside-Out-Fear.jpg

Bill Hader, the voice of Fear:

bill.hader_.fear_.inside.out_.jpg

Image: Victoria Will/Invision/AP/Associated Press

Is there any reason to be afraid, really?
I play Fear. He's kind of a put-upon, middle management guy. He always seems afraid that he will lose his job, but he is his job, so that won't happen.

Because I am in a perpetual state of fear.

Yikes. When's the last time something set you off?
When my daughter asked me where babies come from.

Bairstow

Still not too hyped about this one yet.
What's with the weird granulated look of the emotion characters? Is the idea that they're so small you can view their individual atomic particles?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Interview with Amy Poehler -

What is Joy's role inside Riley's (the main character) head?

Joy is the engine. She keeps everyone moving and happy. She represents the parts of Riley that are starting to change and become more complicated, and she is reluctant to let that change happen. She may be the most positive, but in many ways, she is the least flexible.

My dad is Gary Pixar.

And when's the last time you experienced joy (the emotion, not the character)?
I have a lot of Joy in my life, thankfully. And so much of it was during the process of making Inside Out.

Bairstow

I want to know why Joy looks like a person with blue hair and everyone else is only one color.

Part of it's a color palette thing.
Western cultures tend to associate reds/oranges/yellows with a joyful mood and since "Anger" already took red, they were left with yellow/orange for "Joy".

It's safe to assume that the plot will be centered on the idea of the girl character finding some kind of "balance" with her emotions or whatever, solving or at least accepting the problems in her life, and being happy in the end. "Joy" is going to end up being the wise or triumphant character, and in order for audiences to find this acceptable, this character needs to have the least silly or inhuman appearance. She's the tallest, and also the one that most closely resembles the look of her human host. If "Joy", for instance, looked like Fear or Anger, "Joy's" victory would feel foolish or somehow false to the audience.

I just don't see Pixar/Disney releasing a movie where Sadness or Fear is recommended as the predominate mood in someone's head, and therefore "Joy's" avatar has to look the most credible.

216bruce

I don't know if it was the intent for color palette, but I always associate Yellow, Red and Orange with sunshine and warmth. Those are "Happy and joyful" things. Blue does seem to be contradictory for a warm color. Maybe she's not a 'natural' blue...

Sped2424

SrhkV5r.png

Presenting Bing Bong, rileys imaginary friend. With the recent rumors that Inside out might take over the imagination pavilion I think it's interesting to give this guy a look. As he very well may end up being the new figment. Though I am sure if inside did take over imagination figment would work side by side with Bing Bong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom