Pirates of the Caribbean

RSoxNo1

While I'm thinking about it, when was the last time anyone has gotten to the final Johnny Depp figure and there not been a 7-8 boat backup at unload?
Stacking of boats is normal practice. People typically aren't unhappy if they're still on the ride, and it means that there is always a boat ready to unload. It helps with capacity.

Since we're on suggestions for the mist projection, my real preference would be the skull and crossbones.

Dads 2 Boys

When we were there the last week of September and the Blackbeard effect was better than I've seen it before and the mermaid projections were fine. Perhaps it's inconsistent.

ILOVEDISNEY

The skeleton strobe light has been broken since early this year. It seems like it would be an easy fix. The mist and mermaids have not worked since we've been here the past 3 weeks. Yes, got soaked in row 1 the other day. Also, seems the air cannons are working better, but not like when they were first introduced and could blow your cap or Mickey Ears off. I don't mind getting a little wet from a "cannon shot" but the row 1 soaking not so much.

MotherOfBirds

I'm still sad that we didn't get the mermaid AA's/figures as originally rumored. I heard that figures had already been made too when they switched to the projection

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The old fiberglass boats have been replaced with defective plastic boats.

defective is an understatement...when the boat is full (meaning the rows they ACTUALLY use) there's been horrible scraping noises and bumpiness, like the boats are bottoming out in different places, plus the well known leaking issues...it is REALLY REALLY BAD.

The last time I rode it, I thought the boat was going to stop completely from bottoming out (IASW at DL anyone?)

GrumpyFan

defective is an understatement...when the boat is full (meaning the rows they ACTUALLY use) there's been horrible scraping noises and bumpiness, like the boats are bottoming out in different places, plus the well known leaking issues...it is REALLY REALLY BAD.

The last time I rode it, I thought the boat was going to stop completely from bottoming out (IASW at DL anyone?)

The last time I rode, it did stop completely, twice! We had to wait until another boat could bump us free. Talk about bad show! Ugh!
I sent an email to guest relations and received the standard response. Probably would have been better to go to the in park guest services.

Tod&BigMamaOdie

The last time I rode, it did stop completely, twice! We had to wait until another boat could bump us free. Talk about bad show! Ugh!
I sent an email to guest relations and received the standard response. Probably would have been better to go to the in park guest services.
Yes, the old marooned pirate experience right? ;)

Obi

we got stuck twice on it as well. We were able to get moving the first time, but the second time we had a couple of CMS come out and get us unstuck.

ToTBellHop

Probably would have scored you a PhilharMagic Fastpass+.

tirian

They don't care either. The Disney Institute charges other companies to teach Guest Experience and Guest Service but WDW doesn't follow the standards in its own parks.

Bairstow

Stacking of boats is normal practice. People typically aren't unhappy if they're still on the ride, and it means that there is always a boat ready to unload. It helps with capacity.

Sure, but there's got to be a point where adding more and more boats to the track doesn't increase ride capacity; it only lengthens the amount of time each guest must spend on the ride before getting to exit.

Pirates seems to be operating 4-5 boats past that point and Gran Fiesta tour could stand to remove at least 2.

Kman101

I guess I was a lucky one in my last ride on POTC back in May. Noticed the wet seats but thankfully had no issues at all. It seemed no different than it always was to me. Heck, I even saw the mermaid effect. Of course it was during the 24 hour party so maybe things ran a bit more smoothly and effectively that day?

Do they even care about the problems? Will they replace the boats yet again? Something clearly needs to be done, it sounds like a nightmare for cast members and guests on a frequent basis.

Oriolesmagic

Just replace these new plastic boats with the old Maelstrom boats. Will it make any sense? No.

But it makes more sense than keeping these current boats out there. Plus, it'd be freaking awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom