Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

sedati

No need to buy new in box with lego. Solid market for complete used sets. In fact I'm shipping out the simpsons house today :)

I also have the black pearl ... but it's my daughters. Wonder if she wants to sell :)

Be sure you buy from a reputable seller. You'll often see minifigs and rare pieces sold separately that are pulled from the "complete sets" being sold.

sedati

By the way, two friends went and saw this after I recommended it. They both enjoyed the other films (all of them) and I had said that I couldn't see how you could like the others and not at least enjoy this. They both ended up liking the film and as with myself, put it right in the middle as far as ranking it with the others.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Sorry, I misread. I'll assume you're the reputable kind.

hehe.. yeah. Sold the Simpsons House in one day.. and it shipped out same day. I fully inventoried the set as I disassembled and even bagged the parts into the same bags the instructions use. Ebay's fees are out of control now.. but at least they've made it real easy.

Captain Barbossa

Went to target today and the merch has finally arrived. They had all of the spin master toys, and let me say, the Silent Mary is freaking bad@$$!! Bought a few of the battle figures and the Lego brick headz Jack Sparrow. As you can see, I built it as soon as I got home.

20170627_231136.jpg

20170627_231230.jpg

Can we go yet?

Finally saw it and liked it a lot, I've enjoyed all of these movies despite them being so panned. Loved Carina and her connection to my favorite pirate, felt Henry could have done a bit more...never felt like I connected to him like I did Will. Guess I'll put a spoiler tag now even though the movie is about 2 months old lol.
How did Barbossa have a child if he couldn't even eat/drink while under the Aztec Gold curse? Or did he have Carina with this woman after he was revived? (if so...he has great fertility) Also felt the director didn't bother watching the previous films to closely, Calypso mentioned she gave Jack the compass, and Will should not have been all barnacle covered if he was doing his job, and there was no indication he wasn't. Plus, the Dutchman 'must always have a captain' but the ending suggests Will stays with Elizabeth for good this time. It's nitpicking in all honesty, but I've only seen the 2nd and 3rd movie like twice, and I remembered these details after years.
Barbossa's death makes me want to stop with these movies now. He's the best character. Loved that guy. Salazar's crew didn't deserve to die, they actually seemed to be merciful to pirates during the flashback. Kiera Knightley must have been like 'ok, I'll do this scene for you, but I'm not saying anything' lol. Felt the after credits scene was just an excuse to make a sequel, despite this movie tying up all of loose ends. Come on, give Will Turner and Elizabeth and their family a break! They deserve it.

Captain Barbossa

Just bought $18.95 worth of Pirates merch in target for only $9.40!! Target has all Pirates merch severely on sell because they're trying to get rid of it. So, if you want to hit up on some, now is the time!!

JPPT1974

Know that Johnny Depp needs the money as heard he was spending pretty much a lot since his divorce. Hope he can get the money back. And not go bankrupt like Nicolas Cage has.

Magenta Panther

I hope this film does well, because I love Disney's Pirates in general, and would love for them to have an even stronger presence in the Parks (if done with creativity and appropriate placement). But Depp really needs to keep his political opinions to himself. They do neither him nor the franchise any good. BTW, this is all I'm going to say about it. But I think perhaps it needed to be said.

SeanWM48

I hope this film does well, because I love Disney's Pirates in general, and would love for them to have an even stronger presence in the Parks (if done with creativity and appropriate placement). But Depp really needs to keep his political opinions to himself. They do neither him nor the franchise any good. BTW, this is all I'm going to say about it. But I think perhaps it needed to be said.
yeah that was stupid of him no argument.

as for the film i'd say it did well. it has to be near complete in terms of theater showings worldwide. last i saw it was beyond 750mil which is pretty strong and a success IMO. throw in how it ended (post-credits scene) and the door is certainly open for part 6 although i wouldn't expect it for a good 3 years or 4.

if it were up to me, assuming depp relaxes a bit with the off-screen problems, i'd come back in 2020 with keira, orlando, and (no spoiler) the big bad guy who shows his face during the credits. throw in depp and the two kids from the new film and market it as the REAL last pirates film and go out with a bang. i bet it'd do at least as well as this one did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom