Pirate Party Logistics - Planning the evening

ConstanceHatchaway

Original Poster
Setting sail in April for my first (3 night) cruise aboard the Disney Dream from Port Canaveral. There is a Pirate Night/Party set for the second day of the trip, and I'm hoping to get a better understanding of timing of events and the best way to plan our evening. We'll be celebrating a birthday, so we were actually hoping to do Palo or Remy that evening in lieu of the Pirate dinner. That said, we'd love to see the fireworks -- what time to they usually kick off? I assume we should plan on a slightly earlier dinner in that case. Do they run a normal show/performance that evening or is there something different because of the Pirate Party?

Thank you!

NelleBelle

IIRC, not until around 10. We had a Palo reservation at 8:10 last year and had no problem making it to the top deck with plenty of time to spare to see the show. We're heading in April too! Have a safe trip.
I thought they just recently changed the timing of the fireworks to in-between 1st and 2nd dinner seatings (or is that only on 7-night or longer cruises)? I recall someone posting that it was to better accommodate those with younger children (or some such nonsense) :rolleyes:

lostpro9het

I thought they just recently changed the timing of the fireworks to in-between 1st and 2nd dinner seatings (or is that only on 7-night or longer cruises)? I recall someone posting that it was to better accommodate those with younger children (or some such nonsense) :rolleyes:
The 3day in September was not like that. Guess I'll find for sure in a few days.

JamieLee18

Yes, what jme said. I just did the same ship/cruise in December and the pirate party was about 20 minutes long, between dinner and show times (or show/dinner). Lots of people (kids and adults) dressed in their pirate gear for dinner and the show. I don't remember the time that fireworks went off though.

ConstanceHatchaway

Original Poster
Thanks, all! This is really helpful information. I called DCL and they didn't give specifics, so it's great to have a bit more information from recent cruisers. Our main priority is the fireworks, since we've heard that's such a unique cruising experience. We also understand we may not be able to have our cake and eat it, too, in terms of having a special meal and making it to both the Pirate party and the fireworks (and the stage show that evening!)

NelleBelle

Hope you have a great time. Would you mind reporting back? I'm curious to know after reading the other thread what really is up with the timing of the fireworks and the Pirate Party events :)

NelleBelle

Sounds like it scheduled just like it always has been (which I'm so glad for). Hope your trip was great! Thanks for the update!

EOD K9

We also understand we may not be able to have our cake and eat it, too
I'm interested in this cake you speak of. Tell me more. On a different note, my wife and I want to finally get "into" the pirate party. What kinds of costumes have you gone with? There is a company in Tampa I am thinking about buying from. Any input on what you've done?

NelleBelle

I searched on eBay for renaissance costumes and put something together for both my husband and me. I ended up sewing my vest. Not sure if I'll bring the giant hoop skirt again this year, but it did "make" the costume :) (Apologies for the terrible pic of the actual Pirate Party...camera flash was left in our room) :banghead:
IMG_0777.JPG thumb.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom