Pirate night

Kerby626

Original Poster
What are some ideas for dressing. We are not ones to go over the top. It will be myself, husband and 4 yr old twins

5thGenTexan

Some people dress and look like they just stepped off the POTC movie set. Others will only wear the bandana from dinner. Its wide open to dress as much or as little as you want. I wore jeans, a white shirt, bandana and eye patch.

DMG-121002-PirateRessi6X8-2863577.jpg

DisneyDebNJ

having never done a Disney Cruise (this fall will be our first) we looked on ebay for costumes. (I have been unofficially been named the Pirate Wench LOL) We are also looking for ideas.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Deb's first Disney Cruise is my first, too!!

I have a POTC (movie) t-shirt that I got at a Disney outlet--it's a white shirt with black stripes, sort of nautical, and it has the skull & crossbones logo from the movie outlined in blingy things that are not sequins (studs, maybe? they're tiny), and I bought a pirate hat at a costume store. We were in WDW at Halloween two years ago, and I wore this getup to the Halloween party at the Boardwalk, then on to dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. :oops:

sweetpee_1993

We wear our Gooonies tees. I wear my pirate skirt that I made and tie a bandana in my hair. Brian puts a bandana on his head. It's low key and fun. I'd get the kids some fun pirate necklaces or glow stuff. It's festive and fun!

Tiggerfanatic

The Ladies Cruise will be my first,too. Don't want to give too much away, but I know for a fact that everyone will be finding SOMETHING in their Fish Extender that is specifically for Pirate Night.....

sweetpee_1993

You should make gabby a skirt.

I am gonna try and find us some shirts

I recently had a lady commission me to make her a custom fish extender like my Up! one. I thought when I told her $120 she'd be like "No way!" but she paid it instantly. :confused: Shocked the crap out of me. So, gotta get THAT done. Y'all are going so soon I don't think I'd have time to make Gabby a skirt. I would, tho! I love to make little clothes!!!!

Disneymom201

Does anyone think that a "Peter Pan" theme for our family would not be "pirate" enough? I was going to dress Jack (will be 20 mos) as Peter Pan, myself as Tinkerbell & my husband & other DS's (14 & 10) as pirates.
I found some cute running Tink outfits on Etsy. Not so sure if the Pirate Wench thing is me.
I'm happy that someone asked this question. I've been trying to plan a bit myself.
Thanks for any input. Our first cruise is this fall too :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Does anyone think that a "Peter Pan" theme for our family would not be "pirate" enough? I was going to dress Jack (will be 20 mos) as Peter Pan, myself as Tinkerbell & my husband & other DS's (14 & 10) as pirates.
I found some cute running Tink outfits on Etsy. Not so sure if the Pirate Wench thing is me.
I'm happy that someone asked this question. I've been trying to plan a bit myself.

I agree with ChuckElias. I think it sounds absolutely fantastic. Plus, maybe you'll run into Capt. Hook!

TDF

The Ladies Cruise will be my first,too. Don't want to give too much away, but I know for a fact that everyone will be finding SOMETHING in their Fish Extender that is specifically for Pirate Night.....

HEHEHE FISH EXTENDER <3. We did a whole pirate themed goody bag and handed out pirate bandanas with other pirate stuff. Best part was looking for those who got them. Disney also gives you a bandana I believe… we got one last cruise. I went all pirated out… let me find a picture!

EDIT:
24e9p8n.jpg

I’m on the left, my brother is on the right. BTW that is a terrible picture of me.

Disneyfalcon

I'm with everyone else! I love that idea!

DisneyDebNJ

These are all such great ideas!!! Something tells me my first Disney Cruise in September, will be the first of many. I am still over 100 days from leaving Port Canaveral, and I already *get it* :)

EOD K9

Hey Gang, sorry for the bump. The wife and I invested in some decent costumes for future trips and Holloween, but I have a question. What is the policy on replica swords and replica non firing flintlock pistols? Thanks in advance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom