Pionmycake Presents: Kansas Disneyland! - Completed

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Fantasmic
---Scene 1 – Intro---

An hour before showtime (longer on busy days), the Castle Courtyard and the Castle Path are both cleared. Solid “stone” fences are raised to keep people off the Castle Path during the show.

When it showtime, the lights dim as low as is safe for the HUB and the North half of Main Street. The instrumental theme of Fantasmic begins to play. Twinkling lights begin to shine on the Walls, Main Street Corners, and Castle as if the entire HUB is coated in Pixie Dust. The lights then begin to concentrate on the castle drawing everyone’s eye there. Eventually, all the lights focus on the top balcony. The lights cut out. Then, spotlights shine on the same spot. In that moment of darkness, Mickey (Wearing his suit) steps out making it appear as if he materialized from the pixie dust. Mickey waves his hand playfully like a conductor causing fountains to shoot out from the moat and fireworks to shoot. This culminates in him shooting the sparks from his fingers as is the famous visual from the current show.​

fantasmic-00-new.jpg

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Fantasmic
---Scene 2 – Projection Montage 1: Magic---

The fountain projectors in the moat and Main Street Corner Projectors come on to show a montage of magic in Disney movies (Including Sorcerer Mickey, Elsa, Tinkerbell, the fairies from Sleeping Beauty, Maui, Fairy Godmother, and Merlin). The music starts with the Sorcerer’s Apprentice song, then transitions into an instrumental version of Bippiti Boppiti Boo.
3985c7f9-0ae1-468b-9e00-0b4180caf028.gif

While the audience is distracted by Projection Montage 1, the fountain is drained. The centerpiece sinks down into the utilidors beneath the park. The now flat bottom of the fountain rises to make a stage right in the middle of the HUB.​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Fantasmic
---Scene 3 – Hunchback---

The lights fade again and a bell can be heard chiming. Lights then illuminate the center stage. Mickey is on the center stage with Clopin (The Jester from Hunchback of Notre Dame). Clopin sings a new version of Bells of Notre Dame as a way to tell the audience and Mickey the story of Judge Frollo chasing down Esmerelda and Quasimodo helping to save her. The four projection surfaces help illustrate his story. The fact that the audience is surrounding the stage and close to it is not forgotten. Clopin and Mickey talk/sing to the audience as much as to each other. At the end of the song, Clopin points to the Adventureland Wall. Quasimodo is on top of it holding Esmerelda above his head. He shouts “Sanctuary!”
41808f3b0f602f97f5efd2d45cdb88ac.jpg

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Fantasmic
---Scene 4 – Projection Montage 2: Love---

The four projector screens come on and show a montage themed to love. First is a love between friends (Buzz and Woody, Mike and Sulley, Mulan and Mushu, Nick and Judy Hopps, Balloo and Mowgli) set to an instrumental of “You’ve got a Friend in Me.” Then a montage a familial love (Anna and Elsa, Simba and Mufasa, Marlin and Nemo, Chicken Little and his dad, the Robinsons, and Lillo and Nani) set to an instrumental of “Family time” from Brother Bear. Lilo can be heard saying that “Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten” over the montage. Lastly, a section on romantic love. The projections just show rose petals and other similar romantic imagery. Meanwhile, spotlights shine on Snow white and Prince Charming on center stage dancing, Ariel and Eric on the Adventureland wall, Rapunzel and Flynn on the Tomorrowland wall, and Aurora and Phillip on the castle mid-balcony. All the couples are dancing to an instrumental medley of their signature love songs. The spotlights fade and a clip of Mickey and Minnie dancing (as well as other romantic moments between them) comes on the projection screens. While everyone is distracted by the projections. Gaston and Mickey come out onto center stage.
9153dc543d.JPG

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Fantasmic
---Scene 5 – Gaston---

Gaston tells Mickey that it is silly to dream of love. “I dreamt of love once,” Gaston explains. “A woman whose beauty was almost as great as mine.”

“What happened?” Mickey asks.

“She was stolen from me! Taken by the ugly beast that lives in that castle!”

“Wait a second,” Mickey cries, “The Beast may look kinda frightening, but deep down he’s a nice guy. Are you sure he took her?”

“I am most certain of it! And now, There’s only one thing to do. Kill the Beast!” Gaston then talks more to the crowd trying to get us on his sides to “kill the beast.” He lights his torch and runs up the Castle Walkways, into the door behind the Sword in the Stone. He then appears on the castle mid-balcony (Second actor) where the Beast is waiting. Projection effects on the castle make it looks like there is a thunderstorm. After a bit of a fight, Gaston lunges for the Beast! The Beast is able to block Gaston, but in doing so knocks him off the side off the castle. It looks as if Gaston dies falling into the rocks and water around the base of the castle. In reality, the top of the rock area he falls into slide off and he falls safely into an airbag.
213962_1242853842159_500_281.jpg

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Fantasmic

---Scene 6 – Projection Montage 3 part 1: Transformations---

The projection screens come on again and show Belle with the Beast when he transforms, then Blue Fairy transforming Pinocchio into a real boy, and the Genie being summoned for the first time. This then transitions into…

---Scene 7 – Projection Montage 3 part 2: Adventure---

Aladdin and Genie escape the Cave of Wonders. Merida races through the woods. Basil of Bakerstreet battle Rattigan inside Big Ben. Moana Sails. Tarzan slides down trees. Carl (from Up) battles Muntz on the blimp. Baymax and Hiro fly. Peter Pan dodges a cannon ball. All set to an instrumental version of “We know the Way” from Moana.​

images

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Fantasmic
---Scene 8 – Dr. Facilier---

Dr. Facilier and Mickey are on Center Stage when the projection montage ends. Dr. Facilier sings a shortened version of “Friends on the Other side” to Mickey and to the audience. Shadowy figures are projected on the screens and the castle as he sings. Dr. Facilier is trying to get Mickey to make a deal with him. He promises Mickey that all he can make all his dreams come true. Mickey refuses and says that with a little luck and some hard work, Mickey can make his own dreams come true without the help of Dr. Facilier’s friends. Dr. Facilier then says “If that’s the way it’s gonna be, I guess I’ll just have to turn this dream into a nightmare. I’ll summon the biggest shadow of them all.”
images

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Fantasmic
---Scene 9 – Chernabog---

Out from the Tomorrowland wall rises a Chernabog large scale animatronic. The projection screens and castle now show ghostly figures flying around. “Night on Bald Mountain” plays. Mickey is nervous at first. Dr. Facilier gloats. Chernabog has an intense, imposing presence despite not actually doing much besides looking around and growling. Mickey refuses to give in and let his dream become a nightmare though. Dr. Facilier says that this mouse is a tough nut to crack. He’s gonna need to call in some back up.
images

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Fantasmic
---Scene 10 – Projection Montage 4: Villains---

The projectors come back on to show a montage of the greatest Disney villains joining together to turn Mickey’s dream into a nightmare and control his mind (Very similar to the villain montage in the magic mirror from the current Fantasmic, but updated to include Mother Gothel, Yzma, and Hans. It is also now framed in green fire since Dr. Facilier is summoning them. This also helps transition nicely into...
images

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Fantasmic
---Scene 11 – Dragon---

Maleficent appears on the castle upper balcony and taunts Mickey (Who is still on Center stage). She says, “Now you will have to face all the powers of my imagination!” Projection effects on the castle make it appear to be consumed by thorns and green flames as a projection of Maleficent turns into a dragon. Then, all the projections cut out. Where did she go? Where’s the dragon? A roar is heard coming from Main Street drawing our attention to the dragon that has risen out of the top of the ice cream shop. The animatronic dragon leans over into the HUB towards us and towards Mickey on center stage.
images

One sad thing that must be sacrificed for safety is that the dragon can’t breathe fire and set the lake on fire as there is a HUB full of people in between the dragon and the lake. BUT the dragon can breathe fire into the sky. This starts a ring of fire forming along the Walls. Mickey is as scared as the guests and starts to run away. He walks from center stage to the Castle Courtyard. Mickey then finds his courage and declares, “This is my dream! And I’m not going to let you ruin it!” Mickey draws the sword in the stone (the same one kids have been trying to pull all day). Mickey defiantly walks right up to the middle of the Center Stage. The middle part of the Center Stage rises up and he points the sword at the dragon as spark shoot out of it. The fires fade as the pixie dust lights sweep through from the castle to Main Street. The Dragon appears to be consumed by lightning. The projections of the villains come back, but this time they are all being shocked too. Mickey’s imagination has won the day. Two fireworks go off drawing the audience’s eyes away from the dragon animatronic lowering into its home on the second floor of the Ice Cream shop.
fantasmic-mickey-brett.jpg

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Fantasmic
---Scene 12 – Finale---

Mickey once again conducts lights, fountains and fireworks as he did at the start of the show. The Fantasmic theme plays. 20 or so characters come out on the Walls to dance and celebrate Mickey’s victory and his dream. A few other characters lean out the Main Street Windows used by the Muppets in Good Morning Muppets. Mickey summons a grand finale full of fireworks as the whole HUB sparkles with the pixie dust lights. The other characters go away during that burst of fireworks. After the big blast fades, the sparkles all gravitate to the Center Stage drawing our eyes once more to Mickey. Mickey disappears into a puff of sparks and smoke. He reappears on the Castle Upper Balcony.
images

“Some imagination, huh?”

One last burst of fireworks goes off. As the audience is distracted by the grand finale, the center stage is restored back into a fountain. The fences along the Castle Path are dropped down. The only evidence remaining of the show is the fact that Sword in the Stone is missing. Was it all a dream? Could we have simply imagined the nighttime spectacular?​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I love the idea of Fantasmic being done on the castle. Your vision looks very promising and very well thought out!
I understand there will be projection surfaces, but will there also be projections/lighting on the castle?
Yes and no. I didn't want the castle projections to take over the show. So the main projection montages are only on the two water fountains in the moat and and the sides of the two buildings at the end of Main street. The four roughly equal sized projection surfaces make sure everyone has a good view and that the show is surrounding you. If it was on the castle, everyone would just look at the castle. BUT I do utilize some special projection effects on the castle itself. During the fight between Gaston and Beast there is a thunder storm projected onto the castle making it more dramatic. During Dr. Facilier's scene there are shadows (his friends on the other side) projected on the castle (and the four main projection surfaces). Similarly, ghosts appear on the castle and projection surfaces when Chernabog summons them. Lastly, when Maleficent come out, projection effects make it look like green flames and thorns are enveloping the castle. And her Dragon tranformation happens projected onto the castle before she disappears and the Dragon comes out of Main street Ice Cream Shop.

So, some subtle projection effects on the castle, but nothing that would take over the show. Similar to how there are more fireworks in my version of Fantasmic, but not enough to turn it into a fireworks show. Fantasmic is just the type of show that uses every tool you have.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Chapter 3 - Adventureland:
Adventure Jungle

Hello again, sorry for the delay. My computer is still down so I can't access my notes and maps, BUT I can still cover this in written form and post a hand drawn map!

Kansas Disneyland is divided into three main sections. The world of yesterday, the world of tomorrow, and the world of fantasy. The world of yesterday is (during phase 1 at least) all under the "Adventureland" title, but it is several small sublands that are designed to blend together.

The first subland is the most traditionally "Adventureland" like. It is simply known as "Adventure Jungle." As you enter under the Adventureland archway from the castle hub, you look ahead and see a very familiar looking area. This section is very reminiscent of Disney World's Adventureland up through their Tiki Room.

dQidgBC.jpg

On the left side of the road, you'll walk past Shrunken Ned's. A gift shop featuring Jungle Cruise and Adventureland themed merchandise. Just past Shrunken Ned's is the World Famous Jungle Cruise. No huge deviations are made from the classic attraction. One unique aspect is that the jungle you cruise through is actually an island in the middle of Adventure Lake. The entirety of Adventureland is built around this lake and the Jungle Cruise weaves through the island right in the center of it!

Next on the left side of the road is The Fredrickson House. Carl Fredrickson's floating house has gotten stuck in a tree in Adventureland on its way to Paradise Falls. Now guests can walk through it (as an updated take on the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse attraction). At the base of the tree Carl's house is stuck on, children of all ages can sign up to become Wilderness Explorers! This is an interactive game throughout all of Adventureland that is both fun and educational!
up-house-MpsO4a-clipart.jpg

Now for the right side of the path. When you first walk through the gate, the first thing you see on the right side is Trader Sam's Pin Trading Outpost. The main pin trading store for the park (as well as other collection based hobbies such as vinylmation and Tsum tsums). Next is the Sunshine Terrace. A small food stand that sells fruit, Turkey legs, and the ever popular Dole Whips. Next up on the right side, the quick service restaurant Skipper's Canteen. This will be very similar to the Florida counterpart except for being a quick service instead of a table service. It will share a kitchen with Tiana's Place.
buciewho743892.jpg

Tiana's Place
(themed to Princess and the Frog) will be in the walkway between Adventureland and Fantasyland. In a future phase, this area will be expanded into a full New Orleans Square type subland, but for now it is just Tiana's Place and some fake fireflies in the trees.
tumblr_inline_nr4rk2R9vu1s6ajyt_500.png

Back on the main Advntureland path, we next will find Tiki Plaza. A nice little courtyard that features the entrance to The Enchanted Tiki Room. No longer is this just a show, it is now a dinner theater! This table service restaurant features a dining room full of animatronic birds that entertain guests as they eat tropical meals! There are 3 different half hour long shows the birds perform. They always have a half hour on and a half hour off with no singing. This prevents diners from seeing the same set of songs over and over again.

At the end of the main road of Adventure Jungle is Adventure Castle. One of Kansas Disneyland's three castles (a castle of yesterday, a castle of tomorrow, and a castle of fantasy). Unlike Fantasy Castle at the center of the park, this castle is much smaller and more realistic. It is made of gray stones and is much shorter. It is reminiscent of Dunbrock castle from Brave. During phase 1, the castle gate is closed. A future phase will see the castle opened up.
tumblr_muinh1OwE11ske259o10_1280.jpg

(Like this, but not on a cliff)

So, this is the first part of Adventureland! A lot of dining, but that is to make up for a much smaller selection of dining options in the rest of Adventureland. What are the other sublands? Tune in next time to find out!​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Expect the next part of Adventureland tonight! Here's a teaser! It will be an updated and personalised version of a project I was a part of in the Creator Games. Port Mysterious!
-IN MEMORY OF UNKADUG-

...TEAM DRAX PROUDLY PRESENTS...

PORT MYSTERIOUS
(神秘的港口)
th

"For your first challenge, both teams will design a new land for any Disney Park around the world, inspired by the themes of "never-built" imagineering concepts."

Over the past year, Shanghai Disneyland has been a tremendous success, and with plans to grow, the park truly has a bright future.

However, the biggest cornerstone of the unreleased expansion plan addresses the park's most glaring oddity: Why is there no Haunted Mansion? And not to mention, hardly any true dark rides?

The new expansion land certainly has that! Inspired by the never-built attraction, "Museum of the Weird", this brand new land (located in between Pirate's Cove, Adventure Isle, and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train) features an original, family-friendly E-ticket, an amazing show (the park's equivalent to another missing attraction: The Tiki Room), oddly exuberant shopping and dining experiences, and a vibrant environment bustling with the strange.

tumblr_o83p254qPh1ra8ht7o1_500.jpg

Just as the name would suggest, the atmosphere of Port Mysterious is quite mysterious. On the edge of the lake, a large number of 2-3 story tall buildings comprised of dark, charred, and purple-ish bricks. Lots of mysterious artifacts surround the area, helping to create the whimically gritty atmosphere. Within a brick planter, four tall palms lie. A plaque nearby names these the "sister palms". Periodically, they bend around each other in a magical, enchanting way. Also, a large wall has a plaque calling the building material "Radon Bricks" as they twist and turn to make different mystical shapes.

Museum of Mystery
(神秘博物館)
img_2435_hdr.jpg

Port Mysterious’s main E-ticket is a fast moving high capacity dark ride based on Rolly Crump’s Museum of the Weird and will be Shanghai’s answer to the Haunted Mansion. Located in an old antique store converted into museum. Run by a small women possibly Otto T. wife.

The Queue
Photo-4-Golden-Gallery-first-floor-2.jpg

The line starts outside in a back alley next to the store before entering the store and weaving in between shelves that reach the ceiling. On them are references to SEA, The Haunted Mansion, Gravity Falls and the Museum of the Weird. We pass the cashier desk and a small sign says tours this way. We head into the loading area and board Dynamic Attractions Robot Arm dark ride system allowing us to get closer to the scares than ever before.
th

The Attraction Experience
Scene 1

th

The car turns around a corner and enters a room full of old chair interestingly they all have faces, arms and legs. They blink and chuckle at us as we pass. The car swings around and continues into darkness.

Scene 2
dddd.jpg

A small candle illuminates the dark hallway as we get closer it can be easily seen that a man is holding in but not any man one made on candle wax. He swings his flaming arm at us and we rear back into another room full of paintings moving changing and watching us as we run away.

Scene 3
We enter the music room as all the instruments play themselves or do they. Out of nowhere skeletons appear to be playing the instruments. After a few seconds then disappear and the cycle repeats itself.

Scene 4
We enter a greenhouse and find a large group of plants with faces and lunge at us trying to eat us or pull us out of the car. Other plants are in there as well including one that looks like a child.

Scene 5
We pass a large aquarium full of skeletal fish and a sea monster sitting in the bottom of the tank. Then enter a zoo like collection of strange fossilized creatures. There is also some small living creatures in cages.

Scene 6
MuseumoftheWeird.jpg

We pass by a seance room as the crystal ball in the center calls upon the monster to reveal herself. In a grand fireplace in the center of a separate room this female fire monster appears and chases us down hall and all around the surprisingly large antique store. We escape when a large shelf comes crashing down on the monster and we return the real world and unload now knowing the mysteries that live in the museum.

Symphony of the Strange
(交響樂的奇怪)

You are welcomed into a makeshift theater Dr. Otto T. has set up in his private study. He promises to present to you the Symphony of the Strange. The curtain rises and it appears our host is no where to be seen.
museum-weird-concept.jpg

"Where is the Doctor?" the audience asks themselves. Then, the chair in the center of the room opens his eyes.
"Right. So, it appears I have been turned into a chair. No reason to let that stop the show though."
Dr. Otto T. has recently and mysteriously been transformed into a chair. He talks about his metamorphosis as calmly and simply as most people would talk about stubbing their toes. As if being transformed into a chair was nothing more than a mild inconvenience and a common occurrence. Not any reason to stop his show.

history_crump_chairs.jpg

After introducing himself, he explains that he came to Port Mysterious 13 years ago because of its unusually high concentration of the unusual. Otto is fascinated by the fantastic and has spent his life seeking it out. He has even written a song about it. A simple metronome best plays as he sings.

-----------SONG-----------
I am curious
About the curious
I wonder
About the wonders all around
If you are curious
And seek out
The fantastic
It can always be found

Some say I'm crazy
Or call me deranged
But I just listen
To the Symphony of the Strange
-------------SONG-------------
It's a bit boring. A bit simple. But the Doctor explains that just like life, sometimes you have to really listen to hear what makes it special. The little details that are out of the norm and make life grand.
He then goes through and introduced a few of the oddities he has found:
A mummy notable for being somehow both thousands of years hold and having a call phone in his pocket.
The Enchanted Tiki of the 4 Birds. Each of the tiki birds loves to sing of course.

2854315617_c5f00d258b_b.jpg

A mysterious prism that produces dazzling light shows.
A barbershop quintet of singing busts.

A heart belonging to a creature of unimaginable size and shape buried underneath the floor boards.

And lastly, an enchanted, evil songstress long locked away in a chest in the center of the room. She breaks out and tries to sing her siren song and cast her magic spells in order to subdue the Doctor and take all his oddities as a way to increase her own power.

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-07-17%2Bat%2B10.09.57%2BAM.png

Dr. Otto T. was prepared for her attempted escape. The Crystal ball in the center of the room lights up and acts as a mystical fail safe trapping the songstress back in her chest.
The Doctor then says that now that he has introduced the audience to the weirdness all around, perhaps this time we'll be able to appreciate the Symphony of the Strange. The song plays again, but this time each odditie from the show (and even a few more) plays a part adding to the song. A bass drumbeat from the heart, accapela background music from the busts, back up vocals from the birds, a light show from the prism, and melodious moaning from the mummy (as well as his phone's ringtone). The song now is a full, beautiful, unique, and weird Symphony of the Strange.
The queue would be through the Doctor's house. The theaters would be small to keep the show having an intimate feel, but there would be two theaters for capacity. The show itself would be done similarly to the Enchanted Tiki Room using audio animatronics and other traditional effects. Occasional projection effects will be used for what is impossible or impractical using practical effects.
The show will be a C ticket experience. The theater holds about 250 people per show. The show lasts 8 minutes. With two theaters and no unexpected delays, it can cycle 3,750 people through per hour.

Inexplicable Explorer Vessels
(不可思議的資源管理器)

The third and final attraction located on the shores of Port Mysterious is a re-imagined take on the classic Disney Park attraction, the explorer canoes. While the Explorer Canoes already exist in Adventure Isle/Treasure Cove, the dock and attraction will be relocated to the shores of Port Mysterious. Guests will enter their canoes in a similar fashion to the current experience. However, once guests get into the open water is where things will drastically change.

Built in the middle of the lake that houses the banks of Adventure Isle, Treasure Cove and Port Mysterious will be a small show building encased in rock work. The show building will be largely underground and out of sight of guests walking around the lake.

The canoes will travel towards this rock formation (the guide playing the role of naive guide who becomes curious of the rock formation, which he says was not there the week before). Once the canoes reach the rock formation however , a strong current pulls the canoes in! This is accomplished by a wide set of underwater troughs that catch the bottom of the canoe and mechanically pull the vessel into the cave.

With the canoe now attached to the trough, the canoes then become attached to a ride path that guides the canoes (in the dark coupled with strategic lighting effects) out of the water, giving the sensation that the canoes are floating! An elevator then brings guests down into the underwater show building where they must try to escape the realm of the weird!

Once they have exited the elevator, the canoes are dumped back into the water. Guests find themselves in a maze of underwater caverns that almost seem possessed! Still attached to the ride path, guests will paddle through the caverns in an attempt to escape the oddities of the cavern. The vessel guide narrates the entire journey.

Finally, guests will find a way out and "float" out of the water, back up an elevator and out onto the lake in a similar fashion to the beginning of the attraction. Guests are then released from the ride path and are left to paddle with their

While this C-Ticket diversion turned attraction experience takes no more than ten to fifteen minutes, it is a fantastic way to round out the attraction lineup of both Port Mysterious and the Park itself!

Elements
(元素)

bigstock-Four-Element-of-Earth-14500652.jpg

"In the beginning, there was Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. The ancient beings of power combined these elements to create their very own world. A world in which they could flourish, and rule over the life they would create from these elements.
"The deities invite you to their most ancient creations halls, which appear once every thousands of years, where they act as a gracious host to you as you feast."

Your Hosts
Inferno - Lord of Fire
Terraria - Lord(ess) of Earth
Aqua - Lord of Water
Storm - Lord of Air

The Dining Hall
The dining hall is a square divided into four sections, with a kitchen in the circular center of the rooms. Each section is themed to a different element and features the lord sitting on a throne

The Fire Room
valderun___fire_god_by_gederoth-d59k7fo.jpg

The walls in this room display lava continually running down them. Occasionally, a hole will appear in lava to show an active volcano or burning medieval village

The Water Room
varuna__the_god_of_water_by_bhargav08-d9w9a6y.jpg

The walls in this room display beautiful scenes of the ocean. Occasionally, the scenes will show a tsunami or sea monster attacking a fisherboat.

The Earth Room
293dd3a4000936d8ce9527e9f79d856b.jpg

The walls in this room display constantly beautiful scenes of the world. Occasionally, a hole will appear in the ground to show a dangerous earthquake.

The Air Room
35150ff20dbe585f2ffb3e8d4c6d08e9.jpg

The walls in this room display beautiful scenes of the clouds. Occasionally, a tornado can be seen destroying the earth.

The deities wanted to teach humanity a lesson. The elements all have their beauty, but can be very dangerous. They should not be feared, but rather respected.

Otto's Antiques
(奧託的古董)

After exiting the Museum of the Weird, we stop by a new wing of the museum. Here, we find another section of the old store, untouched by the new Museum.

References to the Hanted Mansion and S.E.A are everywhere, from framed photographs to the odd, yet familiar sound of a music box coming from the attic...

Merchandise is very basic, mostly being just ride souvenirs and T-shirts, although you may find surprises here and there (Notice: Don't touch the old sailor doll on the mantelplace. It may or may not be alive...).

Traders of the Weird
(交易商的奇怪)

Traders from far and near have all come to Port Mysterious to ship their odd iritis and treasures. At Traders of the Weird, these merchants leave their weirdest finds, after they were deemed unfit to sell to the general public. Shelves are lined with oddities, and if you ask a resident trader, they will tell you all about them.

---===+++===---

In conclusion, Port Mysterious has everything that people asked for, and even more. With a peculiar E-ticket that will delight the entire family, and a wacky, yet mystifying environment, there's really something for everybody.

So what are you waiting for? Grab those airline tickets and your talking chair, and visit Port Mysterious today!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Chapter 4
Adventureland
Port Mysterious
Intro
tumblr_o83p254qPh1ra8ht7o1_500.jpg

As mentioned before, Adventureland is divided up into a couple of sublands around Lake Venture. Perhaps the strangest of these sublands is Port Mysterious. A small fishing town full of the largest concentration of oddities the world has ever seen.

At first glance, Port Mysterious appears to be just an Industrial era, London Dock. Lots of brick buildings (often in purples, greens, and darker reds) and rusted iron. An everpresent (artificial) fog fills the area.
_77023019_77023018.jpg

Look closer and you'll start to notice that things are not as they should be. Eyes in places they shouldn't be follow you. Usual artifacts found by explorer's fill the streets and the water's edge. The island in the middle of Venture Lake across from the socks has strange secrets as well. Trees that seem to be upside down. Creatures that shouldn't be appearing and disappearing into the night (using projections after sunset). The cobblestones in the road below your feet seem to form patterns. It feels as if every book and cranny has some sort of secret to uncover.

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Expect the next part of Adventureland tonight! Here's a teaser! It will be an updated and personalised version of a project I was a part of in the Creator Games. Port Mysterious!
Huge thanks to the members of Team Drax that I worked on the original version of this with! It was my first team competition prompt I was a part of so it has a special place in my heart. I'll tag the actual people later once I find the team list so I can give them all proper credit even though I am taking this in some new directions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom