Picking a date...such a debate

jadekaz

Original Poster
Cost, ships, itineraries, room size. Ack. So many things, but the first we need to decide is time of year!

If it was up to you which would you prefer? A cruise over Christmas day, a cruise over Halloween day, a concierge room, or your birthday?

These are some of the ideas we are debating :) It would be our first cruise and we have two young children (3 and 6).

tmitch

I thought the Halloween cruise (our first ) was awesome, especially for our son. The trick or treating on the boat, characters in costume, nightmare before Christmas event, and the sprouting Halloween tree on the lobby were cool. I've heard the type if activities that happen on Christmas cruises, which sound great. We're cruising in march, and plan to on board book a Christmas to get that sweet discount. Concierge room, to be honest, I couldn't care less about. We didn't spend that much time in our room anyway

Gaston's gal

A cruise during September- November or January-March are the best times of year to avoid crowds and lower prices. If you do it in October, your children can celebrate Halloween, which will be fun. Christmas decorations go up at the end of November, so you have all of December to enjoy them, if you cruise then. It really depends on what is important to you. If you aren't going to be in the room much, then not sure you will enjoy paying for a concierge room. Whatever you do, I'm sure you will have a wonderful vacation. Enjoy!

MaryJaneP

You know that timing and itineraries affect the price, so maybe it would be helpful for you to determine if you are open to all or if there is some limit that may eliminate some offerings. Also, if any particular port is of interest (hard to imagine for 3 or 6 y.o., but maybe parents), then this also seems to help dictate the decision. However, if we were to be your fortunate offspring, a cruise over Christmas would be completely the most awesome holiday ever. Not having done concierge, and not spending much time in our room, we would spend our $ on other choices.

ChuckElias

Our very first Disney cruise was a 4-nighter on the Wonder over Christmas. It was truly Wonder-ful. Christmas decorations and costumes, Santa visiting us at dinner, Mrs. Claus reading Christmas stories in the Atrium, carols and snow in the Atrium on Christmas night, cookies to leave out for Santa delivered to every stateroom on Christmas Eve. It was phenomenal.

But you will pay for it. Our 7-night cruise the next January was less expensive than our 4 nights over Christmas. If you don't mind spending the extra money on something (either itinerary or concierge, etc.), then I don't think you can go wrong with a Christmas cruise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom