Pionmycake Presents: Kansas Disneyland! - Completed

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Port Mysterious Characters

Port Mysterious and it's high concentration of oddities attracts many scientists, explorers, and all manner of other exciting folk. Many of whom will go out on journeys and bring back even more unusual objects they find to the Port.

The most famous explorer and the most famous scientist are the husband and wife team of Dr. Otto and Mrs. Yuna Tiberious.

Dr. Otto T. Has always been fascinated by things that are out of the ordinary. He has dedicated his life to the study of the unique. He truly believes that true beauty lies in what many perceive as imperfections.

Mrs. Yuna Tiberious is a world famous explorer. She is always enamored by the new. Always travelling to the furthest reaches of the globe to find something new and exciting.

The two met eachother when they were following rumors of Port Mysterious. They quickly fell in love exploring the surrounding area together. They decided to settle down there as Port Mysterious was a place that would never run out of oddities for Dr. Otto and new discoveries for Mrs. Yuna.

Yuna keeps a record of her discoveries that Dr. Otto annotated with all kinds of information he discovers about them in his research. This record the two have written together is known as The Port Mysterious Guidebook: An Incomplete Collection of all Known Information on the Unknown. Colloquially known simply as the Guidebook.

There is another important character who calls Port Mysterious his home (though he hardly ever is there). Captain Pike Yuler is a young, excitable adventurer who sails the seas seaking out new artifacts from around the world to bring back to Port Mysterious. He usually will just hand them over to Dr. Otto or Yuna. If they aren't dangerous, sometimes he'll even just sell them. It isn't about the artifacts and discoveries for Captain Pike. He doesn't ask "why" like the scientist, Dr. Otto, does. He doesn't ask "what" like the explorer, Yuna, does. He just goes. Adventure for the sake of adventure.

These are the three main citizens guests will see in Port Mysterious. Dr. and Mrs. Tiberious both host attractions and Captain Pike is a part of streetmosphere (more details to come). Since Captain Pike is played by a live actor, the Captain can actually be either female or male depending on t
he performer.​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
So, i never did finish this up. I have really moved on and even am thinking about some ideas for a different, simpler dream Disneyland that i want to work on over Christmas break as a way to get back involved on this forum.

I think I'll write a simple description of this dream park based on the outlines i already have. Just to get the ideas out there.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Below is a rough outline of my original plan for this park. Some attractions I list with more details. Some, with less. That's simply because some of these never went beyond half formed ideas. This is mostly just a quick idea dump for something I've moved past. But I still want to share it. Some things I still really like. Some I regret. If anyone is curious, feel free to ask all the questions you want!

The plan was to make a mega park (like @MANEATINGWREATH 's dream park) that would be huge. The park is divided into three sections (The World of Yesterday, the World of Tomorrow, and the World of Fantasy). Each section has it's own castle. The next couple posts are gonna be outlines of the different lands/sublands of the park.

(Sorry for multiposting, but it helps keep the site from slowing down)

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
---Main Street---
MainStUSA_FlagPole_DPS.jpg

The classic gateway to the Disney parks. This is a rather traditional Main Street, but intended to be more focused on the "Disney" characters in this real feeling environment. Details such as Mickey Mouse acting as mayor and characters reading stories to kids in the book store help sell this idea.

-Good Morning Muppets-

A show featuring live Muppet performers leaning out the windows of the second floor of Main Street. Peppy and upbeat. Multiple versions. Usually only in the mornings, but there is a version for later in the day during peak times.

-Main Street Citizens-

The Main Street Citizens are here throughout the day in this park until sunset. Guests can vote for which citizen they want to win the Main Street Citizenship Award at the evening street lighting ceremony hosted by Mayor Mickey Mouse!

-Moana: a Musical Adventure-

The Main Street theater at the front of the park features a Broadway style retelling of the hit Disney movie. The show changes every 2 to 3 years to keep a fresh energy in the front of the park.​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
---Adventureland---

Adventureland is the main section of the World of Yesterday. It is divided into a few sublands mostly centered around a large lake with an island in the middle. The only two sublands that aren't around the lake are Adventure Castle and New Orleans Square. The latter connects Adventureland to Fantasyland.

--Adventure Jungle--
advstreet.JPG

The most traditional section of Adventureland. Very reminiscent of Disney World's Adventureland.

-Jungle Cruise-

The World Famous Jungle Cruise! A classic done very traditionally. The big change is that the river winds through the island in the middle of Adventure Lake.

-Tiki Room-

Dinner and a show! This show is now a restaurant where the animatronic birds perform an updated version of the classic show for guests while they eat.

-Fredrickson's House-

Walk through similar to Swiss Family Treehouse. Carl's hour from Up got stuck in a tree here in Adventureland during an adventure. Now guests can explore it! At the base of the tree, guests can become Wilderness Explorers and earn badges throughout Adventureland!

--New Orlean's Square--
tumblr_inline_nr4rk2R9vu1s6ajyt_500.png

Similar to Disneyland's, but more mystical and almost fairytale like. With false fireflies in the trees.

-Haunted Mansion-

More or less traditional Haunted Mansion. A bit more focus on color being used. Making the visuals feel a bit more Beetlejuice inspired.

-Tiana's Place-

Two exciting experiences can be found in the building.
A simple Fantasyland style dark ride based on Princess and the Frog.
A fantastic restaurant with live jazz and characters from Princess and the Frog meeting with guests.
The ride even makes a lap around the main dining room's upper balcony.

--Port Mysterious--

tumblr_o83p254qPh1ra8ht7o1_500.jpg

Themed as a darkly, strange victorian London style city. An unusual island where strange things and people from around the world seem to converge. Cobblestone streets and purple brick buildings fill this land. And everpresent artificial fog helps complete the atmosphere.

-Symphony of the Strange-

Dr. Otto T. studies the many Mysterious artifacts found in Port Mysterious. Guests are invited to see him show off his collection. In this animatronic show (similar to tiki room) Otto demonstrates the remarkable things these artifacts can do while each artifact comes together to make a song (the Symphony of the Strange). One extra note, Dr. Otto T. Has recently been turned into a chair. He sees no reason to let that delay the show. This attraction (as well as this land in general) is inspired by the Museum of the Weird.

-The Unusual Expedition-

Similar to the Indiana Jones Adventure in Disneyland, this EMV thrill ride involves an expedition to explore a hidden temple in the woods. The focus is on optical illusion and strange visuals.

-Captain Pike's Tales of Wonder-

Captain Pike is an explorer who just got back from some far away land. She's happy to tell guests all about her adventures and what she saw.

--Agrabah--
latest

It's Agrabah from Aladdin. A market outside the palace gates with a small desert area. You have all seen the movie you know Agrabah.

-Bazaar-

The Agrabah Bazaar is mostly a place to buy souvenirs and food, but there is a lot of streetmosphere performers to fill out the environment.

-One Jump Ahead: Aladdin Stunt Spectacular-

Housed in the palace, this show is an abbreviated retelling of the movie. The focus is on action and stunts more than the songs and romance. Genie's script is full of topical jokes and improv like it was in the old Aladdin musical in California Adventure.

-Magic Carpets-

Just like the ride in Magic Kingdom, this is a Dumbo style spinner attraction. This is in the desert of Agrabah giving it a more fitting setting than in Magic Kingdom.

-Cave of Wonders-

Part maze, part walkthrough, part kids play are, part rope climbing course. The Cave of Wonders is full of excitement for guests of all ages who think of themselves as diamonds in the rough.

--Port Royal--

The famous town from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

-Pirates of the Caribbean-

The classic attraction. Housed in the Port Royal Fort similar to the version in Magic Kingdom. Redone to have a more coherent narrative and be more movie based. But still mostly the same classic attraction.

-Pirate Lessons-

Jack Sparrow is in the tavern recruiting for his crew. Younger guests can get lessons from Jack Sparrow himself and maybe even join the crew of the Black Pearl.

-Hunt for the treasure of Adventure Lake-

A comedic longboat ride around the lake hosted by a fumbling pirate looking for a treasure he could've sworn was right here.

--Adventure Castle--
latest

The castle of Yesterday. One of the three castles in Kansas Disneyland. Modelled after Dunbroch Castle from Brave.

-Brave: Rollercoaster-

A medium thrill coaster done similarly to The 7 Dwarves Mine Train. Focusing on the beautiful environments in the film. Rush through the woods with Merida past waterfalls and rock work.

-Highland Games-

Fun interactive games and character experiences for younger guests. Learn how to sword fight, hear stories of adventure from Merida, and much more.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
This looks great. I bet a lot of original things along with IPs from Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and 20th Century Fox are appearing in the parks.
Well, this is based off my plans from about a year ago. So, sadly no Fox. I try to use Marvel and Lucasfilm sparingly. I had originally planned on doing a second park focused on them. So, there's very little of those here. A good amount of Pixar though!

And thanks!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
---Nature's Wonderland---

A lot more focused on natural beauty and environments. Not a lot of buildings and most of the rides are larger scale and hidden by the environment. There are two sublands: Thunder Mesa is the more classic Fronteirland and Critter Country. This area is a part of the World of Yesterday.

--Thunder Mesa--
big-thunder-mountain-railroad-gallery00.jpg

A lot more sparsely populated and focused in rock work than traditional Frontierlands. Still a couple ghost town type buildings though. A mining company of course.

-Thunder Mountain-

The classic rollercoaster. I don't have to explain it to you all I'm sure lol.

-Thunder River Expedition-

Taking cues from the unmade Western River Expedition, this is a Pirates style dark ride themed to cowboys on the Frontier. The main change I make is the ride system. This is now a river rapids ride. Similar to Kali River Rapids, but with more dark ride elements.

--Critter Country--
critter-country_primary1.jpg

The natural forest meadows claimed by the animals. They are happy to welcome guests into their critter country though.

-Splash Mountain-

Another classic I probably don't need to explain to you all.

-Country Bears Family Buffet-

A buffet full of good old fashioned country cooking. Plenty of biscuits and cornbread and barbecue and fried chicken. The Country Bears provide the music. This restaurant is not here at park open. The popularity of the Tiki Room restaurant will determine if there is animatronic bears or just their music over the speakers.

-100 Acre Woods Train Ride-

A slow, leisurely train ride (like Heimlich's chew chew train) through the 100 acre woods. Focusing on environments and sets rather than animatronics. This ride also differentiates itself from other Pooh rides by being completely outside.​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well you could put Pandora in the second park since Universal has the attractions rights to The Simpsons same with Spiderman, The Avengers, X-Men, and Fantastic Four.
True! I don't think I'm gonna wind up actually doing the second park for this, but Pandora would've been a great fit for my vague ideas. I thought marvel could be used West of the Mississippi River?

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
---Tomorrowland---

Now we transition to the World of Tomorrow. Both a literal tomorrow (a sci-fi future) an an idealic tomorrow (a world's fair style optimistic view for the future).

--Spaceport 75--
0807_fea_ocr-l-wdwtomland-01.jpg

A subland of Tomorrowland, Spaceport 75 is an Intergalactic, interdimensional hub. A fixed point for visitors from throughout time and space. This is most similar to the traditional tomorrowland like in Magic Kingdom. The land is centered around Tomorrow Castle (a variation on the classic Space Mountain Structure). Space ships (both generic and from Disney movies) are parked all around the castle.

-Space Mountain-

Housed in the upper portion of Tomorrow Castle, the classic attraction is here.

-Space Ranger Spin-

The Buzz Light-year attraction is updated and housed in the lower portion of Tomorrow Castle. There is a new plot though. A prison break has happened and a bunch of Intergalactic criminals have escaped. It is your job as a new Star Command Cadet to help Buzz Light-year save the day!

-Millennium Falcon Walkthrough-

The Millennium Falcon is one of the many ships around Tomorrow Castle. This one is open to guests to tour.

-Lilo and Stitch's Intergalactic Adventure-

This is a simulator ride similar to Star Tours. One of Stitch's cousins is running wild through space! So, Lilo and Stitch steal a Galactic Federation Ship (the red one) to rescue their Ohana. Of course, this happens to be right when guest are being given a tour of the Galactic Federation Outpost and they get caught up in the action! A fun ride that tries to capture the adventure, comedy, and warm spirit of the movies.

--Progress City--
f890e5691a3df1ba97e203c9421e8f24--small-words-mary-blair.jpg

The perpetual World's Fair as well as the culmination of the idea and optimism of those who look towards tomorrow. Picture a Mary Blair designed classic Epcot.

-Spaceship Earth-

A much smaller (both in show building and in ride length) version of the Epcot classic. Featuring a redesigned show building (no Big Ball recreation) and a new narration by Liam Neeson. The ride is not just a history lesson, but more focused on how technology can bring us together and lead us to a brighter future.

-Carousel of Progress-

The classic remains mostly unchanged from the current version in Magic Kingdom. Just updated for the modern age.

-Small World-

Another relatively unchanged classic attraction.

-PeopleMover to New Horizons-

A people over that doesn't just tour Progress City. It is also a dark ride through the city of the future (inspired by the Epcot ride Horizons)

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
---Toon Town---
mtt984737.jpg

The first land in the World of Fantasy. Toon Town! The city where all the toons live. Featuring a city park, downtown (featuring Daisy's Dinner and the McDuck money bin), and a residential street (featuring Minnie and Mickey's houses).

-Goofy's Gag Factory Tour-

In the downtown area, Goody's gag factory makes all the best gags for toon Town. The queue winds through the gag Hall of Fame. The ride is a carousel of progress like show where each scene is goofy demonstrating a different gag. There is mostly 3D films, but it is supplemented by some practical effects.

-Mickey Through the Ages-

A Fantasyland style dark ride housed in the toon Town movie theater. The ride travels through some of Mickey's greatest shorts throughout time!

-Donald's Boat-

Inexplicably docked in the fishing pond in the middle of the city park, Donald's boat is a walkthrough children's play area.​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
---Fantasyland---
ht_disneyland_fantasy_faire_thg_130312_wmain.jpg

The second and main land of the World of Fantasy. Fantasyland is themed as a fairytale European, medieval town nestled in the shadow of Fantasy Castle.

-Peter Pan's Flight-

The classic attraction is more or less unchanged. Just somewhat updated.

-The Mad Tour of Wonderland-

Trackless ride vehicles zip around Wonderland in one of eight different paths leading to a zany, unpredictable experience Everytime you ride. A high tech, e ticket dark ride.

-Bald Mountain-

An exciting rollercoaster more extreme than any other found in the park. Features an exciting, thrilling climax where riders come face to face with Chernabog.

-Voyage of the Little Mermaid-

The show from Hollywood Studios is very dated, but this version takes that basic format and heavily updates it into a state of the art puppetry and effects show.

-Beauty and the Beast Teacups-

The classic spinning tea cup attraction is reimagined with a Beauty and the Beast theme. An animatronic Lumiere invites riders to Be Our Guest as they whirl around.

-Storybook River-

An original out door boat ride telling the tale of a Young Princess trying to find out what her story will be. She reads about Disney princesses and wonders if she'll turn out like any of them (we pass by simple recreations of these scenes with the classic disnye princesses as she reads about them). The finale involves us entering Fantasy Castle and learning that the young Princess is all grown up and her Castle is the one at the center of Kansas Disneyland! She learned and helps guest learn that you can make your story whatever you want it to be.
OCRQ7ZN.png

So, that's about it! Thank you for joining me! Hope you enjoyed my little dream project (even if the presentation was greatly abbreviated). Maybe I'll return to some of these ideas later, maybe not. But it still feels good to finally share them all.

kmdonpX.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom