Photoshop Pages

mouselvrmom

I am LOVING your new pages, Holly!!!

The new years eve one at the beginning is perfect! I love the background!

I love the paper combos you used on the sundeck page!

The backgrounds are also perfect on your paradise found, bar ever, and sunset pages too!!! And how juvenile am I that I can't think bar without snickering? :lookaroun:lol:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I totally missed this post, Siobhan, so two months later...

I'm also very curious to see how the $5 surcharge plays out with the wine tastings. While I hate to see something that was once complimentary go by the wayside, maybe the minimal charge will keep the lines to a minimum. I know in some cases, the lines were starting to get ridiculous... and you'd have to line up crazy early to get in one of the seminars. We ended up skipping a few for this reason. So I guess I'm trying to look at the potential benefit to having to pay. It'll be interesting to see how they "collect" for it. I wonder if they're going to have credit card machines, because not everyone carries cash.

I agree with all of your points. The benefit I've gotten from all the wine seminars over the years is certainly worth $5 (people are always asking me if I went to wine school, just from the bits and pieces I've learned at the F&WF!), although it is a shame to see what was a free benefit now have a cost. Two years ago while I was there, if you didn't line up an hour in advance, you pretty much couldn't get in to a seminar. I enjoy the heck out of them, but I am on vacation, after all, and don't want to spend that much time standing in line!

I don't know how they handle walk-ups, but I do know that towards the end of July, you can book seminars online and pre-pay for them. While it's nice to know that you are guaranteed a seat, it also takes some more spontaneity out of one's trip--if you've paid for a seminar, it's not easy to blow it off because it's the same time as your fastpass return for Soarin' :lol: They also gave DVC and AP holders a discount on the seminar tickets.

Back on topic--love those last few cruise pages. My favorites are Paradise Found (can I just jump into that page??), and the sunset (gorgeous).

HollyBelle

Original Poster
And how juvenile am I that I can't think bar without snickering? :lookaroun:lol:

You aren't the only one snickering... all us drunkies in the bar were doing the SAME thing! :sohappy: Thanks, Jenn!

Love them, Holly! I think I like the sunset pages the best. They are so pretty!!:)

Thanks, Tammy. It was a perfect sunset.

I agree with all of your points. The benefit I've gotten from all the wine seminars over the years is certainly worth $5 (people are always asking me if I went to wine school, just from the bits and pieces I've learned at the F&WF!), although it is a shame to see what was a free benefit now have a cost. Two years ago while I was there, if you didn't line up an hour in advance, you pretty much couldn't get in to a seminar. I enjoy the heck out of them, but I am on vacation, after all, and don't want to spend that much time standing in line!

I don't know how they handle walk-ups, but I do know that towards the end of July, you can book seminars online and pre-pay for them. While it's nice to know that you are guaranteed a seat, it also takes some more spontaneity out of one's trip--if you've paid for a seminar, it's not easy to blow it off because it's the same time as your fastpass return for Soarin' :lol: They also gave DVC and AP holders a discount on the seminar tickets.

Back on topic--love those last few cruise pages. My favorites are Paradise Found (can I just jump into that page??), and the sunset (gorgeous).

Yep... all my wine knowledge came from the same place! :lol: :sohappy:

I don't know how I feel about the pre-pay feature due to the lack of spontaneity like you mentioned, but also because we usually don't end up booking our F&WF trips until 6-8 weeks out. So depending on how popular they are, we might not be going to any of them now! Glad to here us APers will be getting a discount, though!

And yes, that page was designed specifically to be jumped into! Thanks, Siobhan!

eagles

great pages! I really like the one, tha is so funny. the sunset is really cool also.

wow, you have a library of these books. see i have no time to redue my pages, i want to finish one :ROFLOL:

ddbowdoin

when using characters on your page, how long did it take you to select the characters from whatever source you used to be transfered cleanly? It takes me forever trying to remove a character from a scene to be pasted into a page.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
great pages! I really like the one, tha is so funny. the sunset is really cool also.

wow, you have a library of these books. see i have no time to redue my pages, i want to finish one :ROFLOL:

Thanks, Louella! I'm having trouble finding the motivation these days. But hopefully, I'll get back into the swing of things soon!

when using characters on your page, how long did it take you to select the characters from whatever source you used to be transfered cleanly? It takes me forever trying to remove a character from a scene to be pasted into a page.

When you say characters, do you mean the clip art ones? If so, not long at all because I always pull them from a source that has a solid color background (usually white). And when that's the case you can use the quick selection tool (one of the little wands) to "select" the background color, right click and delete it. Hope that makes sense. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll try to clarify.

marktikolo

I think that We have a lovely camera photos and his back, his arms crossed! This technique, my husband is impressed. Last year, I forget his middle son's "special" pen and he was not happy, so the night before, we went to the T - REX, and bought him a dinosaur pen lit up and roared. Character really like it.

Kev1417

LOVE these layouts. great job. some questions though? how big of a template do you start with? what size works best? also, where do you print to? something like a kodak gallery site? or do you take it to a local photography place and have them put it in a book format?

motueka68

Thanks, ladies! I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Hobbes, it's interesting you mention the use of duplicate papers throughout the book because that was something I really struggled with as well. Finally I decided to make all 26 mile markers the same to help "move the story" from page to page. Although, I'm still wondering if that might make it a bit boring in sections where alot of pages in a row are the same (i.e. miles 5-10). I am, however, super happy with the fact that I kept all the character pages original because they're the real focus. :lol: :sohappy: And this way they stand out.

Tammy, I really went back and forth on the journaling for this book because I agree the commentary really fills in the gaps. Eventually, I went without it because I print out ALL of my trip reports in what has become somewhat of a travel journal. I figure with all the time and energy that goes into writing them up, I should find a way to keep them accessible. Basically I just minimize and organize the pictures throughout the text and then place each page in a transparent sleeve and put them in a 3 ring binder.

For anyone who is curious, here are some pictures (it currently has all our trip reports up through July 2009):

IMG_2324_1.jpg

IMG_2323_1.jpg

IMG_2327_1.jpg

I love your "Journal Type" Book, :D
This is what brought me to your POST. I saw it quoted on another...;)
Now that I have looked through your entire postings... I feel the need to do BOTH!!!:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom