Photoshop Pages

Disneyfalcon

20 questions, bring them on! I could talk about it all day!:lol:

And yes, that is some serious pixie dust!! My ds was a little bitter about the verandah too. High school is rough!:lol: Although, next October we are taking him out for a week to go to WDW.

The military special was $2200 for two people not including airfare. All of our airfare was about $800 per person.

The travel agent special was less than $2200!:eek: I don't know if I should post how unbelievably cheap it was, so I'll pm you. Suffice it to say, there was no way I could turn it down.

We are going round trip from Barcelona.
We travel for a full day, then spend a full day in Barcelona. We board Saturday morning the 24th of April.
Day 1 - Board the Magic in Barcelona
Day 2- At Sea
Day 3 - Valetta, Malta
Day 4 - Tunis, Tunisia (Africa!!!:sohappy:)
Day 5 - Naples, Italy (Pompeii)
Day 6 - Rome
Day 7 - Florence, Pisa
Day 8 - Day at Sea
Day 9 - Ajaccio, Corsica
Day 10- Villefranche, France (Monaco, Cannes, Nice)
Day 11- At Sea
Day 12 - Disembark, spend the day in Barcelona

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Even $1100 pp for a balcony is a steal (especially on an 11 night med). And for Disney at that. That's the price of balcony cabins on RCI and Carnival for 7 night Caribbean sailings.

7 fabulous ports (8 if you count Barcelona) and 3 sea days... that itinerary is simply amazing. I'm drooling just looking at it. I wouldn't know what to do with myself planning for that! How fun!! You shoot in RAW right, so how many gigs of memory are you taking for the camera?! :lol:

Disneyfalcon

Even $1100 pp for a balcony is a steal (especially on an 11 night med). And for Disney at that. That's the price of balcony cabins on RCI and Carnival for 7 night Caribbean sailings.

7 fabulous ports (8 if you count Barcelona) and 3 sea days... that itinerary is simply amazing. I'm drooling just looking at it. I wouldn't know what to do with myself planning for that! How fun!! You shoot in RAW right, so how many gigs of memory are you taking for the camera?! :lol:

I agree, it's a steal! The same cabin for two people is currently selling for +$7000. My cabin for four is going for +$10,000!!!:eek:

I am planning like a crazy person right now. There's just so much to plan!! I've been to a few of these places, but not since I was little, so this is a whole different experience.

I do shoot in RAW!! I've got 16 gig, which won't even be close to enough.:lol: That is why I'm bringing my laptop to clear my cards every day or two.

When I saw the travel agent special and realized my hubby couldn't go, I seriously considered going by myself and just wandering around and taking pictures.

Right now I'm forcing the whole fam to get off the train in Pisa, just so we can go take that corny - someone's holding up the leaning tower - picture!:D

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Oh yeah... you have to get the Leaning Tower of Pisa shot. I mean, seriously, when will you ever get a chance to recreate that one. :D In the end they'll thank you for making them stop for it.

$10,000!!! That's a down payment on a house. :eek: And think, that doesn't even include airfare or the money those people will spend in all those fabulous ports.

I'd be tempted to take my laptop to dump pictures as well as a smallish (pocket size) external hard drive. My OCDness would have me wanting to make sure I had them saved in two places before deleting them off the card. :lol:

Which week in October will you be at Disney?

Disneyfalcon

Oh yeah... you have to get the Leaning Tower of Pisa shot. I mean, seriously, when will you ever get a chance to recreate that one. :D In the end they'll thank you for making them stop for it.

$10,000!!! That's a down payment on a house. :eek: And think, that doesn't even include airfare or the money those people will spend in all those fabulous ports.

I'd be tempted to take my laptop to dump pictures as well as a smallish (pocket size) external hard drive. My OCDness would have me wanting to make sure I had them saved in two places before deleting them off the card. :lol:

Which week in October will you be at Disney?

They'll thank me!! There you go!:lol:

$10,000 is crazy. I can't imagine! Although I do have some clients spending that much on the Baltic cruises this summer. I guess when its a once in a life time kind of thing, you find the money!

An external hard drive is not bad idea. I don't have a small hard drive, but maybe I should take a few DVD's to burn them to also. Great idea!

We'll be at Disney October 3-10. We're using our DVC points for a grand villa at AKL with hubby's family!! I can't wait! There's a pool table in a grand villa there!!:eek:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
I love Disney in October... it's my very favorite season at WDW. Plus, the Food and Wine Festival is amazing. I can't wait to see your pictures of the Kidani Grand Villa.

So as not to keep responding in two places... I hope you're able to find a good summer cruise for the family!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Finally, some more Disney pages... I've about got Volume III completed and ready for printing!!

Pete's Garage:

petes_garagecopy.jpg

Typhoon Lagoon (double page spread):

typhoon_lagoon_leftcopy.jpg

typhoon_lagoon_rightcopy.jpg

Port Orleans Riverside:

port_orleans_riversidecopy.jpg

Creature Comforts:

creature_comfortscopy.jpg

And the soon to be extinct, Toontown Teardrop:

toontown_teardropcopy.jpg

HollyBelle

Original Poster
And a few from our December trip (these will go in an annual book for Brett's mom):

Crystal Palace (left):

crystal_palace_leftcopy.jpg

Crystal Palace (right):

crystal_palace_rightcopy.jpg

WDW Railroad:

wdw_railroadcopy.jpg

DVC Mixer (left):

dvc_mixer1copy.jpg

DVC Mixer (right):

dvc_mixer2copy.jpg

Primeval Whirl:

primeval_whirlcopy.jpg

And a random one... football at the ESPN Club:

sunday_night_footballcopy.jpg

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Thanks, Tammy!

Let's see, including these two and the NYE cruise book, which are all about ready to print, I've completed three Disney volumes for Brett and I, three for his mom, two cruise books and one for the marathon! For a total of 9 books. :eek:

Crazy enough, I'm almost all caught up. I think it was a smart idea for me to go with random volumes on the Disney pages; otherwise, there's no way I'd get a book completed for every trip we take. This summer I'll have two to work on in addition to my Disney pages: cruise #3 and the Princess Half Marathon! I'm thinking I might try an 8x8 book for the Half Marathon, though. We'll see!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Finally, some more Disney pages... I've about got Volume III completed and ready for printing!!

And the soon to be extinct, Toontown Teardrop:

toontown_teardropcopy.jpg

OMG!! Rabbit, Foulfellow, and JANE?? Lucky you! :D

And a few from our December trip (these will go in an annual book for Brett's mom):

Crystal Palace (right):

crystal_palace_rightcopy.jpg

I love Brett's mom's Minnie Santa hat!! I want one of these for myself (I've been known to overdo the Christmas spirit...)

I'm thinking I might try an 8x8 book for the Half Marathon, though. We'll see!

I like working with the 8x8 format, especially if I'm giving the book as a gift (it gets done quicker that way). Although I'm working the old fashioned way, with paper, glue and scissors...haven't worked up the nerve to try digital yet.

We'll be at Disney October 3-10. We're using our DVC points for a grand villa at AKL with hubby's family!! I can't wait! There's a pool table in a grand villa there!!:eek:

I'll be at WDW October 2-10! If you see a redhead with a WDWMagic button on the strap of her bag, it's probably me--say hi! Due to the time of year, I can mostly be found in Epcot :lookaroun I'm staying at OKW.

Disneyfalcon

I love Brett's mom's Minnie Santa hat!! I want one of these for myself (I've been known to overdo the Christmas spirit...)

I like working with the 8x8 format, especially if I'm giving the book as a gift (it gets done quicker that way). Although I'm working the old fashioned way, with paper, glue and scissors...haven't worked up the nerve to try digital yet.

I'll be at WDW October 2-10! If you see a redhead with a WDWMagic button on the strap of her bag, it's probably me--say hi! Due to the time of year, I can mostly be found in Epcot :lookaroun I'm staying at OKW.

Awesome!! I'll look for you!:)

HollyBelle

Original Poster

Yep... the pictures on that page span the last four years. :lol: Rabbit had to be the MOST random we've seen back there. That was 2005. Followed by Jane, who was beyond lovely.

Funny thing, she bought one for each of us on this past trip and so I felt "obligated" to wear it some... turns out I absolutely LOVE mine. They really enhanced our pictures from the Merry Mixer and MVMCP. That thing gets hot fast though, I don't know how she wears it all day long.

I think using a different size canvas will be a fun challenge. Hopefully, it will help get the creative juices flowing. Plus I like the idea of the half marathon book being "half" the size of the full marathon book. :lol: Plus, as would be expected, I don't have as many pictures from that race.

Mmm... the Food and Wine Festival! If the timing works out, Brett and I might be there the same time, too. :sohappy: We're considering the Wine and Dine Half Marathon which is October 2!!! Regardless, I'm determined to get there for F&W this year because we had to miss the last one.

mouselvrmom

Love the new pages, Holly! There are so many favorites!

I love the railroad page, the tear drop page, what you did with your dvc mixer pictures, primeval whirl, and really just all of them! :lol:

Congrats on getting another book done!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Plus I like the idea of the half marathon book being "half" the size of the full marathon book. :lol:

That is so very clever of you!! :ROFLOL:

Mmm... the Food and Wine Festival! If the timing works out, Brett and I might be there the same time, too. :sohappy: We're considering the Wine and Dine Half Marathon which is October 2!!! Regardless, I'm determined to get there for F&W this year because we had to miss the last one.

We missed last year's F&W, too. I am curious to see the effect of the new $5 charge on the attendance at the formerly free wine seminars.

And hey, why not get a medal from each of the Disney runs? Once you've started a collection, you have to keep going until you have them all, right? :lol: You could do the run wearing an apron, or perhaps a Ratatouille getup. :D You two will do something creative, no doubt!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
We missed last year's F&W, too. I am curious to see the effect of the new $5 charge on the attendance at the formerly free wine seminars.

And hey, why not get a medal from each of the Disney runs? Once you've started a collection, you have to keep going until you have them all, right? :lol: You could do the run wearing an apron, or perhaps a Ratatouille getup. :D You two will do something creative, no doubt!

I totally missed this post, Siobhan, so two months later...

I'm also very curious to see how the $5 surcharge plays out with the wine tastings. While I hate to see something that was once complimentary go by the wayside, maybe the minimal charge will keep the lines to a minimum. I know in some cases, the lines were starting to get ridiculous... and you'd have to line up crazy early to get in one of the seminars. We ended up skipping a few for this reason. So I guess I'm trying to look at the potential benefit to having to pay. It'll be interesting to see how they "collect" for it. I wonder if they're going to have credit card machines, because not everyone carries cash.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
The double page spreads look a lot better when they're actually side by side. Sigh! This'll have to do though! Approaching Coco Cay (Royal Caribbean's private island), left:

coco_cay_welcome1.jpg

right:

coco_cay_welcome2.jpg

paradise_found.jpg

"The Bar on the ship" is in reference to all the NYE horns and the fact that we (the patrons) would NOT stop blowing them... it became the catchphrase of the night for the piano guy:

schooner_bar.jpg

Sunset, left (the background is a shot I took, spread across the two pages):

nye_sunset1.jpg

right:

nye_sunset2.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom