Photoshop Pages

HollyBelle

Original Poster
I've been working with Photoshop CS3 for about 4 months and this is my first go at scrapbooking so I thought I would share some of my pages. I'm so impressed with everyone's layouts on here and must admit that seeing some of WDWFigment's work inspired me to learn how to use photoshop myself.

I'm getting ready to print so I would love any feedback, comments or criticism.

Here's the first one....Disney's Coronado Springs Resort!

coronado_springs_resort_copy1.jpg

HollyBelle

Original Poster
I've set up my pages to focus on specific rides/restaurants/attractions/shops etc. So the pictures on each page often come from multiple trips.

Mission: Space

mission_space_copy.jpg

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
very nice! I really like them all, but my favorite is the Coronado Springs page. The background is cool (is it the wallpaper or bed or something?) and I love the photo you chose to be the biggest on that page as well. Can't wait to see more!

Love your pages! The Coronado page is my favorite as well.

I'm trying to learn Photoshop. I just started last weekend. You've inspired me to spend more time on it. :wave:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
very nice! I really like them all, but my favorite is the Coronado Springs page. The background is cool (is it the wallpaper or bed or something?) and I love the photo you chose to be the biggest on that page as well. Can't wait to see more!

Love your pages! The Coronado page is my favorite as well.

I'm trying to learn Photoshop. I just started last weekend. You've inspired me to spend more time on it. :wave:

Thank you both for the kind words! The Coronado page happens to be one of my favorites too! All the pictures I use on pages are ones we have taken, but many of the backgrounds come from google images and flickr (I believe this one was found when searching moroccan patterns on google).

Keep working with it OhioDisneyLover. Once you get the hang of things your pages will come together quickly. I say that but I still don't know 1/10 of what there is to know about photoshop!

WDWFigment

These are all great! Oddly, I'm actually planning on using that Fab Five picture in your MS layout (from the MS gift shop behind the counter) as the background for my M:S layout (presuming I get enough pictures for it to have its own layout). Hope to see more great layouts from you!

Disneyfalcon

Hollybelle those are great!! I don't think I could pick a favorite! Your background choices and pictures look great!! Keep on sharing!:)

mouselvrmom

I love your pages, Hollybelle! They are so wonderful! My favorite is the coronado springs one, too. I just love the pictures you took on that page! They are gorgeous. I love your background choices as well. The bug one is really cute! It's also nice how many pictures you can fit on a page.

KnK

These are great. Guess I need to learn about the photo shop thing. We have it but I have never used more than touching up a picture here and there.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
I love your pages, Hollybelle! They are so wonderful! My favorite is the coronado springs one, too. I just love the pictures you took on that page! They are gorgeous. I love your background choices as well. The bug one is really cute! It's also nice how many pictures you can fit on a page.

I think that's why I like this one so much too. I took the pictures around 7 or 8 am and the lighting was just right. Most of my pictures that are taken midday aren't as good, I'm guessing because the sun is so bright.

These are all great! Oddly, I'm actually planning on using that Fab Five picture in your MS layout (from the MS gift shop behind the counter) as the background for my M:S layout (presuming I get enough pictures for it to have its own layout). Hope to see more great layouts from you!

I love that picture, and I think it will make for a great background when you use it. I actually had to kindly ask the cast member behind the counter to step aside a bit. I can't imagine how many times a day that happens to them!

I've found that I don't usually like doing specific pages when I don't have a lot of pictures for them; however, once they are completed I end up liking the "less is more" look. It's a nice contrast for the ones that I overload with pictures because I just can't decide what to leave off.

mouselvrmom

You can tell I've never been on mission space, because I didn't know the fab five pictures you took in the gift shop. That is really a neat picture! I'll have to try to take one while hubby is riding next time! :D

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Here are two more...

The first is an example of my not having but a few pictures to work with and no way of getting more on a future trip, but I must say it has turned out to be one of my favorites (plus October is my favorite time of year at Disney!).

Food and Wine Festival 2006:

food_and_wine_2006_copy.jpg

And this one feels way too busy. I would love some suggestions for improving this page.

Muppet Vision 3D:

muppet_vision_3d_copy.jpg

mouselvrmom

I love your food and wine one, too. The background is fabulous and I like how you have pictures of both yourselves and the wine glasses etc. It turned out really nicely.

I also like the muppets page. I love the background you used. It is perfect for the page. I also really like the pictures you took for it. I think there are a lot of pictures on the page,but I don't necessarily think it's too busy. If you really do feel that way,though, you could always make it a two page spread. By cutting the number of pictures on the page in half, you could make some of them bigger for more emphasis. Either way, I think it's great.

Disneyfalcon

I think the muppet page looks good. I would have suggested the same thing as Jenn, make one picture bigger to draw empasis to it.

You did a great job with the food and wine festival. I never would have guessed you didn't have enough pictures.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom