PHOTOS - The Market at Ale and Compass now open at Disney's Yacht Club Resort

Notes from Neverland

I'd agree with you but the two things that bug me are
1. you could get a relatively decent quick breakfast meal from the bar in the YC lobby already and
2. The BC food prep area stinks! as in smells bad like burnt food all day, and that smell permiates the rest of the space there. I liked the shop at the YC and will be very bummed if they still don't sell high end stuff and double bummed if there's a smell.

I've never noticed a smell at BC. Interesting.

surfsupdon

Interesting note. This space used to be called Fittings & Fairings. The Lobby Bar was Ale & Compass. Guess after the renovation to the lobby bar and Captains Grille, we will see a new name too for the bar.

Nice addition to Yacht!

Bocabear

This is the way it should be from now on. Boathouse Orlando has that similar clean nautical look. Red Lobster is even modernizing with it's new or renovated restaurants looking less like a dirty fishing boat or dock house.
You can get a clean nautical look without being this sterile...This is a premium resort, and it should look like a beautiful Yacht club, not a sterile modern Red Lobster...It should be an extension of the lobby in tone.

Last edited:

jaklgreen

Perhaps I am being too harsh...I will amend my judgement to " Utilitarian , generic, and practical...that is about all the props I can give it at this point... The lighting and color scheme make it look unfriendly and thoroughly unpleasant... the Marriott Hotel school of Hospitality lunch room.

I am kind of with you on this. Let me say that I do not judge Disney harshly like some others do. I think for the most part they do an amazing job of keeping the theme and if it is not "perfect" it does not bother me a bit. But when I was looking at the pictures my first thought was, "this is nice and clean". Then as I looked through them all and got to the seating pictures, I found myself disappointed in Disney. Yes it has the shiplap walls and the nice fresh paint, but it is too bland, generic, and does not say "Disney" at all. It does look like it is in the basement. Plus all that white counters and walls are going to be a pain to keep clean.

Last edited:

Flynnwriter

This horrible, interior design disaster is another sign that something has gone horribly wrong with the Disney World Hotel group. This awful, generic, incompetent redo has all the signs of a bad local interior designer - or worse, a Disney designer who has no idea of what placemaking is. Another sad development at Disney World. PLEASE SEND A EMAIL TO DISNEY WORLD about this project. It is the only way they react to bad design.

Last edited:

flyerjab

Just saw this today. While it is great that they added it and the convenience of it cannot be ignored, I hope that it is not finished yet. It was so white and plain looking I kept telling myself that they haven't finished the smaller decorations. Someone up above used the term sterile and I agree. It was so sterile in there you could perform surgery.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom